• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Rittenhouse on the stand.
    IDK how closely you or our other INGO legal eagles have been following this, but do you think that's necessary?

From the testimony I've watched this seems like a chance to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    IDK how closely you or our other INGO legal eagles have been following this, but do you think that's necessary?

From the testimony I've watched this seems like a chance to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. :dunno:
    I'm not going to second guess what his attorneys are doing. They must think that it's necessary or, maybe more specifically, that he is so well prepared that the possible reward outweighs the risk.

They are going through this at lightning speed so far.

dsears2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2021
    Indpls
    I watched a FB post yesterday. The man with the pistol that Kyle shot in the arm was on the stand. The defense lawyer asked him about Kyle shooting him and he replied that Kyle didn’t shoot him until he pointed his pistol at Kyle! From the trial video the Prosecutor dropped his head into his hands! Haha. Trying to find the link again.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It may not be legally necessary, but I think they feel like they must explain why he was there to begin with. We all know that the relevant issue is what was going on the moment he fired the shots and whether it was a legitimate exercise of self defense, but they probably believe that the jury may have an issue with him "injecting himself", armed, into the situation.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    It may not be legally necessary, but I think they feel like they must explain why he was there to begin with. We all know that the relevant issue is what was going on the moment he fired the shots and whether it was a legitimate exercise of self defense, but they probably believe that the jury may have an issue with him "injecting himself", armed, into the situation.
    I've thought since his initial charges that this was going to be a primary talking point from the prosecutor. I can hear it;

Damn the circumstance, he went to pick a fight. These rioters were "only commiting arson and general mayhem" until he showed up. Pfft. - Mr. DA Man

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Thinking they need to humanize him? While the jury is supposed to decide the facts there will be emotions involved. The jury will be able to see the fear in his eyes when he testifies that he "feared for his life" when beat with the skateboard, had a pistol aimed at him, chased by a criminal... Kyle should definitely come off as more wholesome and clean-cut than Lefty. Will the prosecutor look like he is bullying a little boy?

Sure Kyle can screw up but if properly prepped and with appropriate objections by the defense he ought to be able to come out even or ahead.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Kyle just breaks down in court, can't continue, judge calls for 10 minute break. %$#%&* prosecutors for ever bringing this to trial. I was kinda wondering and waiting what would happen when he got to the part of being attacked. If I was a juror I would hate the prosecutors guts right about now...if not before.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wasn't 'his' community.
    FFS, he took more ownership of it than the pos mayor who sat on his laurels while his city burned. The kid was cleaning up and helped set perimeters which is more than the city council did.

The cops only moved in after they were forced to since they had multiple victims, otherwise they sat behind the lines with a limp dick ROE.

Maybe it isn't 'his' town but he took more responsibility than a lot of folks who absolutely should have.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I have a question based on this away from jury discussion:

This clip is a few days old, so my apologies for the delay and if I've missed discussion on this particular part.

Rosenbaum attacks Rittenhouse - not really in dispute. Rittenhouse runs to prevent any further endangerment. Huber, skateboard guy, (allegedly) mistakenly believes that Rittenhouse is murdering people. Attempts to stop him. Defense says that since Rittenhouse was only defending himself, then from the perspective of his defense, Huber is the aggressor but don't seem to allege any crimes on Huber (one could I guess make the case for false imprisonment, but the assault is the primary factor for self-defense, I guess). Prosecution says that Huber believed Rittenhouse was a murderer, so that makes Rittenhouse the aggressor. But these aren't exactly reciprocals of each other, right? The judge seems to indicate this as well where the pattern of facts (events?) as laid out by the defense don't contradict any good intentions by Huber even if Huber is the first aggressor of the Huber-Rittenhouse interaction.

Must there be a criminal element to Huber's attack on Rittenhouse? If so, why can't we accept Huber's (assuming best intentions here) under-informed but good-will attempt to stop Rittenhouse but also that since Rittenhouse right to self-defense since he was attempting to escape severe injury/death? It seems that the prosecution is using partial-information on Huber's part to paint a picture of ill-intention on Rittenhouse's part, which doesn't follow from what the defense is saying in that Youtube clip as I understand it.

TL;DR: Is this Youtube clip just the prosecution desperately trying to re-characterize Huber in a way that doesn't follow from the video evidence?

IMO, that is exactly what they were trying to do. They even stated "Huber is a hero for trying to stop an active shooter". :rolleyes:

When infact that isn't the case. Huber attacked someone that was running down the road.

jagibbons

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2019
    Zionsville
    FFS, he took more ownership of it than the pos mayor who sat on his laurels while his city burned. The kid was cleaning up and helped set perimeters which is more than the city council did.

The cops only moved in after they were forced to since they had multiple victims, otherwise they sat behind the lines with a limp dick ROE.

Maybe it isn't 'his' town but he took more responsibility than a lot of folks who absolutely should have.
    It is a very near-by community, so much so that Kyle has friends there and worked there. I think it counts as close enough.

Top Bottom