• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    He means that saying someone invited to be attacked for having a gun is like saying a woman asked for being raped due to what she wears.

In a nutshell, Kyle Rittenhouse had every right to be where he was because this is still America. If I want to take my AR-15 to Wisconsin to assist with whatever, it's my right to do so. Being attacked while I'm there is not my fault, I didn't bring it on by my presence. You're entitled to your opinion, but I would imagine that's the prevailing opinion on this forum.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    He put himself there. His decision. He knew it was hot zone. Why else would you strap on someone else's gun and go? I'm sure now he wishes he would've stayed put
    While I agree he probably wishes he had never been there that night, the rest of your assertion is garbage. He explained a number of times why he was there, and it had nothing to do with trying to shoot people. He had no way of knowing that multiple people would attack him that night. If they hadn't attacked him, none of that would have happened.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Not sure the meaning here in this context. If you want to expound on that that would be great. I don't mind having a logical conversation. I appreciate you at least engaging and not just throwing up emojis without any context
    Rittenhouse was somewhere he had a lawful right to be, and was engaged in lawful activity. Others threatened, chased, assaulted and attacked him, put him reasonably in mortal fear, and he exercised his lawful right to self-defense.

His attackers bear 100% of the responsibility for everything that transpired. Fullstop.

To suggest that he shouldn't have been there or should have chosen not to go there is analogous to saying that a woman bears partial responsibility for being raped because she chose to wear a skirt that was too short.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    He put himself there. His decision. He knew it was hot zone. Why else would you strap on someone else's gun and go? I'm sure now he wishes he would've stayed put
    A few folks will put themselves in harm's way for others. Most will not. I have great respect for those who will. I think that we owe our freedoms to the few.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I will respond at length tonight after work. I will tell you how my brain works and how I derive to those thoughts. I agree he had every right to be there. I agree he did nothing unlawful. I agree those he shot were in the wrong. No arguments from me on those topics

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Ok, so now that I'm home I can attempt to articulate this response best as I can. Whether you agree with me or not doesn't make no difference to me. Just ask that we respect each other in our differing opinions I need to reiterate a few things beforehand. Did Kyle have the right to go? Yes. Did he do anything unlawful? No. Lawfulness of his actions are not I'm talking about here. I'm talking about choices. We all make them in life and generally speaking the events that happen in life can be directly related to the choices we've made. Good and bad. I look at this situation and this one only because we know what happened and we know where things lie at the present moment as evidenced by his lawyer's statement. I looking through the lense of 2 main perspectives. As a father of a son and as a once 19yr old young man. As a father I would never advocate for my son to go to help a community clean up while looters and gouls are actively rioting when it's not mandated he do so. If wants to help clean up, then great. That's a noble thing to do. Guess what, the mess will still be there next week when the losers have decided they've had enough and go home. I'm glad Kyle came out on the top side of dirt because he had good intentions and wasn't breaking any laws. It could have very well went the other way and we'd have a dead 17yr old that seems to be a good kid. I've told my son before to become dangerous when you HAVE to. Don't try and be the hero just because you want to be. Lastly the perspective of a 19yr old. I hate to see a young man have to work because he's in bondage to a high profile lawyer. Being sued for millions and having your head on swivel because half of country thinks you murdered those guys and all the pink and blue haired freaks would love to kill you. If you polled 1000 19yr olds I'd say 100% of them would choose their current life over his given circumstances. Not sure many if any 19yr olds want to be burdened with frivolous lawsuits and not be able to even think about retirement because you have to keep a retainer. So with that being said my wisdom tells me the best choice would have been to not go. May not have been a wrong choice since he came out alive but a bad choice, IMO

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ok, so now that I'm home I can attempt to articulate this response best as I can. Whether you agree with me or not doesn't make no difference to me. Just ask that we respect each other in our differing opinions. I need to reiterate a few things beforehand. Did Kyle have the right to go? Yes. Did he do anything unlawful? No. Lawfulness of his actions are not I'm talking about here. I'm talking about choices. We all make them in life and generally speaking the events that happen in life can be directly related to the choices we've made. Good and bad. I look at this situation and this one only because we know what happened and we know where things lie at the present moment as evidenced by his lawyer's statement. I looking through the lense of 2 main perspectives. As a father of a son and as a once 19yr old young man. As a father I would never advocate for my son to go to help a community clean up while looters and gouls are actively rioting when it's not mandated he do so. If wants to help clean up, then great. That's a noble thing to do. Guess what, the mess will still be there next week when the losers have decided they've had enough and go home. I'm glad Kyle came out on the top side of dirt because he had good intentions and wasn't breaking any laws. It could have very well went the other way and we'd have a dead 17yr old that seems to be a good kid. I've told my son before to become dangerous when you HAVE to. Don't try and be the hero just because you want to be. Lastly the perspective of a 19yr old. I hate to see a young man have to work because he's in bondage to a high profile lawyer. Being sued for millions and having your head on swivel because half of country thinks you murdered those guys and all the pink and blue haired freaks would love to kill you. If you polled 1000 19yr olds I'd say 100% of them would choose their current life over his given circumstances. Not sure many if any 19yr olds want to be burdened with frivolous lawsuits and not be able to even think about retirement because you have to keep a retainer. So with that being said my wisdom tells me the best choice would have been to not go. May not have been a wrong choice since he came out alive but a bad choice, IMO
    This is kind of hard to read and comprehend what you are saying. Might be a good idea to usse paragraphs. YMMV.

You used a lot of words, but basically it seems to come down to this:

"So with that being said my wisdom tells me the best choice would have been to not go. May not have been a wrong choice since he came out alive but a bad choice, IMO"

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    This is kind of hard to read and comprehend what you are saying. Might be a good idea to usse paragraphs. YMMV.

You used a lot of words, but basically it seems to come down to this:

"So with that being said my wisdom tells me the best choice would have been to not go. May not have been a wrong choice since he came out alive but a bad choice, IMO"
    Basically yes, the last couple sentences are a summary with the main body describing and and giving context. Sorry about the no paragraphs. I hated English in school and it shows

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Basically yes, the last couple sentences are a summary with the main body describing and and giving context. Sorry about the no paragraphs. I hated English in school and it shows
    If it helps put a space in every 3-4 sentences. Just breaks it up a little and makes it easier to read. I do it with each thought change …

Which is often.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just hit the enter key every time your thought/topic shifts. And if you still arent sure when to hit it, even putting a space every 3-5 sentences will help.

That wall of text was VERY difficult to read. It was even hard trying to find "the last several sentences" as you suggested. Without paragraphs the wall of text overwhelms the brain and makes it difficult to figure out where sentences start and where they end. And using the new standard of one space after a period instead of two doesnt help at all either. at least with two spaces that larger opening draws they eyes to it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ok, so now that I'm home I can attempt to articulate this response best as I can.

Whether you agree with me or not doesn't make no difference to me. Just ask that we respect each other in our differing opinions I need to reiterate a few things beforehand.

Did Kyle have the right to go? Yes. Did he do anything unlawful? No. Lawfulness of his actions are not I'm talking about here. I'm talking about choices. We all make them in life and generally speaking the events that happen in life can be directly related to the choices we've made. Good and bad.

I look at this situation and this one only because we know what happened and we know where things lie at the present moment as evidenced by his lawyer's statement.

looking through the lense of 2 main perspectives. As a father of a son and as a once 19yr old young man. As a father I would never advocate for my son to go to help a community clean up while looters and gouls are actively rioting when it's not mandated he do so. If wants to help clean up, then great. That's a noble thing to do. Guess what, the mess will still be there next week when the losers have decided they've had enough and go home.

I'm glad Kyle came out on the top side of dirt because he had good intentions and wasn't breaking any laws. It could have very well went the other way and we'd have a dead 17yr old that seems to be a good kid. I've told my son before to become dangerous when you HAVE to. Don't try and be the hero just because you want to be.

Lastly the perspective of a 19yr old. I hate to see a young man have to work because he's in bondage to a high profile lawyer. Being sued for millions and having your head on swivel because half of country thinks you murdered those guys and all the pink and blue haired freaks would love to kill you. If you polled 1000 19yr olds I'd say 100% of them would choose their current life over his given circumstances. Not sure many if any 19yr olds want to be burdened with frivolous lawsuits and not be able to even think about retirement because you have to keep a retainer.

So with that being said my wisdom tells me the best choice would have been to not go. May not have been a wrong choice since he came out alive but a bad choice, IMO
    In the interest of helping you understand, this is what I meant in my previous reply. I hope this helps you. (and I hope it doesnt come off as condescending. Its not intended that way)

This is one way I would have done it. Notice how each thought process is broken up into groups.

Hope that helps.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    In the interest of helping you understand, this is what I meant in my previous reply. I hope this helps you. (and I hope it doesnt come off as condescending. Its not intended that way)

This is one way I would have done it. Notice how each thought process is broken up into groups.

Hope that helps.
    Yep, no harm. I didn't take it that way. I didn't mean to make a wall of text more confusing

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Hope that helps.
    Rep inbound!
    Extra points for parentheses!!
    (You know I love them, as a tangential thinker)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Got separated from the group. Extinguished a dumpster fire before it was pushed into a gas station.
    Yep. He was rendering first aid to rioters. They started chasing him because he extinguished their dumpster-size Molotov cocktail they tried to direct at a gas station, and because they were agitated and led by a roid-raging lunatic looking for a fight.

Top Bottom