• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Despite us disagreeing on pretty much everything, I hope he found peace in his last days, and salvation.
    I honestly can’t see how anyone that considers themselves a good and decent human being could say they disagree with pretty much everything Rush said in 30 years. Perhaps you weren’t really listening?

The content of that mans character was OUTSTANDING. While humble, he was not (in his radio act), the words that came from behind that golden EIB microphone spoke of a gentle and compassionate human being with a genuine love for his god and the greatest country in the history of the world.

I’m 38 and I’ve been listening since 2003. I’ve never heard the man utter a single hateful word in that time period.

I feel like I lost a friend this week. May he Rest In Peace, and May his family find comfort in these trying times.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    ;)

If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    If you do not know the kind of **** the view is going to shovel you must be very young. "The young do not always do as they are told" Nafrayu

I have already had the misfortune to view the View ******* a couple of times, I know what they are.

Reactions: KG1

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you do not know the kind of **** the view is going to shovel you must be very young. "The young do not always do as they are told" Nafrayu

I have already had the misfortune to view the View ******* a couple of times, I know what they are.

If you ever listened to Rush much at all, you'd know he quoted "The View" commentary fairly often. :nono:

Incidenty, I'm likely older than you, son. ;) :fogey:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not need or want to hear the vile garbage the left is spewing about him.

You may be older than me, but, I have chosen not to listen to people that I know are going to spew ****.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I honestly can’t see how anyone that considers themselves a good and decent human being could say they disagree with pretty much everything Rush said in 30 years. Perhaps you weren’t really listening?

The content of that mans character was OUTSTANDING. While humble, he was not (in his radio act), the words that came from behind that golden EIB microphone spoke of a gentle and compassionate human being with a genuine love for his god and the greatest country in the history of the world.

I’m 38 and I’ve been listening since 2003. I’ve never heard the man utter a single hateful word in that time period.

I feel like I lost a friend this week. May he Rest In Peace, and May his family find comfort in these trying times.
    It's like FNC, a lot of folks don't really listen or watch. They just repeat a narrative, because they feel they are supposed to. Doesn't matter whether there is truth to it or not.

a71f51a1e2a995e48621cfff68cb89c0.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Wanted to chime in with something else Rush said that just came back to me;
    Listen to how someone speaks when they get a sense they are not going to win the argument, if they start calling names, they’re liberal.
    That is probably less true now than it was years ago, or maybe we’re all a little more liberal. I do believe it holds in general though. Nowadays it might look more like deferment or projection.
    I think it’s a great lesson that we can use to our advantage.
    What a great influence he was!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A year after his death, we remember the lessons Rush taught us about dealing with radical leftists.

We must keep these ideas front and center to counter their lunacy. The best part is, it drives them nuts.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    A year after his death, we remember the lessons Rush taught us about dealing with radical leftists.

We must keep these ideas from and center to counter their lunacy. The best part is, it drives them nuts.

Still inspiring.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Supposedly Chrissie Hynde's father was a Rush fan at one point, so she didn't object to Rush sampling her song for the show's intro out of respect for her father. That's how I remember Rush explaining it. Can't quite remember why that song was chosen though but you knew it was time for Rush whenever it started to play.

Top Bottom