• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here you go Bug. He's from your neck of the woods. BTW.. I've been to C'bus many times. Almost moved there back in the late 90's but circumstances at the time did'nt work out. Just think, we could've been neighbors. :)

Ramaswamy, 38, is listed as an "unaffiliated" voter in Franklin County, Ohio, where he's been registered to vote since November 2021, after he moved to Columbus.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Here you go Bug. He's from your neck of the woods. BTW.. I've been to C'bus many times. Almost moved there back in the late 90's but circumstances at the time did'nt work out. Just think, we could've been neighbors. :)

Ramaswamy, 38, is listed as an "unaffiliated" voter in Franklin County, Ohio, where he's been registered to vote since November 2021, after he moved to Columbus.
    That's interesting, I had no idea he had an Ohio connection - especially not to Columbus. Hadn't heard of him until he popped up nationally, especially not aware of him as a tech multi-millionaire/billionaire (have heard both, not sure which is accurate)

It's an easy place to live if you can get by the entire world revolving around a college football team. Any more granular info on exactly where he lives? Franklin County is a pretty big place, contains all of Columbus and most of the suburban area (with a bit of that in Delaware or Fairfield counties)

If he is a RINO (Resident In Name Only), that would make me want to dig into whether he was thinking about a run for Sherrod Brown's seat. Only thing is, I'm pretty involved in that race and I haven't heard a peep about him - but I remember Hitlary suddenly moving to New York with her carpet bag

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wonder how Trump voted all those years he was hanging around with his pals, the Clintons.
    It's going to be pretty tough to use retro-innuendo to try to sully the reputation of someone who already has delivered the goods when he had the chance

I notice it's OK to carefully examine Ramaswamy's bona fides (which we are) but verboten to apply the same scrutiny to DeSantis (he turned the water into wine a purple state red!)

Don't want another Romney, but I don't want another Bush either

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's interesting, I had no idea he had an Ohio connection - especially not to Columbus. Hadn't heard of him until he popped up nationally, especially not aware of him as a tech multi-millionaire/billionaire (have heard both, not sure which is accurate)

It's an easy place to live if you can get by the entire world revolving around a college football team. Any more granular info on exactly where he lives? Franklin County is a pretty big place, contains all of Columbus and most of the suburban area (with a bit of that in Delaware or Fairfield counties)

If he is a RINO (Resident In Name Only), that would make me want to dig into whether he was thinking about a run for Sherrod Brown's seat. Only thing is, I'm pretty involved in that race and I haven't heard a peep about him - but I remember Hitlary suddenly moving to New York with her carpet bag
    Not sure exactly where he lives. I wasn't aware that he was a resident either until I noticed it in the previous article that was posted. For the record I did enjoy the times I spent with friends in OH-IO. Things just didn't work out with my plans to move there.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not sure exactly where he lives. I wasn't aware that he was a resident either until I noticed it in the previous article that was posted. For the record I did enjoy the times I spent with friends in OH-IO. Things just didn't work out with my plans to move there.
    Yeah, one problem is we have never actually made that much tangible/industrial goods. We've been pretty much information based for a long time (lot's of insurance companies)

Initially I could have probably done better fresh out of school if I had been willing to move, but I wasn't. I had been on plant tours to east Texas/gulf coast manufacturing areas and it was horrifying to a kid from the rural NE. I had flexibility, though, because I had been working my way through school and I was making equivalent money for the company I already worked for and they were interested in keeping me. The best years were when I was consulting, and virtually none of my work was within 200 miles of Columbus

If we could have 'no gun signs do not have the force of law' it would be idyllic

You would still be welcomed back, but it has gotten kind of pricey. I wouldn't want to have a mortgage right now (FJB)

Reactions: KG1

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Seems like a textbook RINO

In the article that you posted, he describes himself as a freestyle libertarian. After watching a good bit of the Republican primary debate, I am thinking that being a RINO is a feature, not a bug.

The reality in politics, is that if you want to play the game, just like checkers, you gotta pick red or black.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    “Well this is awkward. GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy, who lives in Columbus, is not a registered Republican in Ohio and has skipped half of the elections since registering to vote in Franklin County,” the account wrote, adding, “His wife is also unaffiliated and skipped the same elections.”

“His parents live in Hamilton County and do not appear to be registered to vote at all, at least not at the address where they claim an owner-occupied property tax reduction,” the post concluded.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    “Well this is awkward. GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy, who lives in Columbus, is not a registered Republican in Ohio and has skipped half of the elections since registering to vote in Franklin County,” the account wrote, adding, “His wife is also unaffiliated and skipped the same elections.”

“His parents live in Hamilton County and do not appear to be registered to vote at all, at least not at the address where they claim an owner-occupied property tax reduction,” the post concluded.

Such a revelation that we've been talking about it. Do you know that more than half of the voters in Ohio are not affiliated with either party?

Seems like a textbook RINO

I was wondering when the oppo research was gonna come out about Swamy. And if he fashions himself as an "unaffiliated libertarian", he remains the best candidate that was on that debate stage.
    Libertarians tend to align more with Republicans than Democrats these days.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Who gives a ****? Seems closer to George Washington to me, who warned about the evil of political parties.

Like I said...it's a feature, not a bug.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Who gives a ****? Seems closer to George Washington to me, who warned about the evil of political parties.

Like I said...it's a feature, not a bug.

The audio from Ramaswamy is spot on regarding many of our young from what I can tell.

For myself, I don't need a "Republican", I NEED a constitutionalist. I need a candidate who understands the Constitution and is willing to take positions based upon compliance with that document, with clear actionable plans.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ramaswamy said that Pence missed an historical opportunity on J6 and what he would have done differently. Basically, he would have listed his own conditions on the Senate floor in exchange for certifying the election. it's like saying that I won't sign off on the election results unless I get legislative concessions pursuant to the interests of the Republican party.

The VP as president of the Senate has no constitutional authority to place conditions of his own before agreeing to sign off on the election results and if he tried to do so it would've gone over like a lead balloon as well.

He said that he would have ensured that major electoral reforms went through Congress before signing off on the 2020 results.

"Here's what I would have said: 'We need single-day voting on Election Day, we need paper ballots and we need government- issued ID matching the voter file.' And if we achieve that, then we have achieved victory and we should not have any further complaint about election integrity. I would have driven it through the Senate," he said.

"In my capacity as president of the Senate, I would have led through that level of reform, then on that condition certified the election results, served it up to the president — President Trump — then to sign that into law," he continued. "And on January 7th, declared the re-election campaign pursuant to a free and fair election. I think that was a missed opportunity."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom