• ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Understandable.
    My concern would be Trump tends to blame everyone around him which could also be directed at Ramalamadingdong. I am sure we have differing opinions on how justified that blame game is.
    But it would not do Ramalama any good
    Please be careful, you're going to give someone the idea of "Ramaboma" or something.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It always seems people misunderstand what really happened. Trump was an absolute flyer but many of us took a chance on him because we most certainly were not going to vote for Hillary AND he said some things that resonated with many of us - particularly on immigration, forever wars and government regulation. So that was 2016

That gamble paid off extraordinarily well. The conditions this time are not the same. We have the option to re-elect a proven fighter who WILL go to the wall for many of his beliefs. There is no need in my mind to go to the pastel Trump copy (you know who) or another gamble like Trump (Vivek). If Trump wasn't in the race, things might be different - which is why I think so much effort is put into taking him out of the race. I don't put much faith in how a republican governor performed in a state with a republican majority legislature, the conditions under which he would govern as president are nothing like where he found his success. Vivek would be my clear choice for VP as a way to see if he has chops without betting the farm on him. As the nominee, he would be in the same boat Trump was with little prospect of serious help from the establishment and the Obama/man from nowhere/too good to be true question is a serious concern. I don't trust a billionaire's interests to align all that well with mine after the politicking is over

I don't trust a guy who is on a short leash to globalist money men all that much either. Not much interested in another CoC tool
    I think many people just want to give someone else a chance at the nomination; I think many people worry that Trump is unelectable, that too many conservatives will refuse to vote for him (which in my opinion is immoral if he's the nominee). I know you and Mike can't imagine he is unelectable and I can't imagine he is. Our bubbles.
    Best outcome for me is Trump/Ramaswamy 2024 and 'swamy gets the torch in '28 if he deserves it. If Ron wants to try again in '28, that's what primaries are for,
    This makes me happy to see you say this. Not that that matters in the least to anyone.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Understandable.
    My concern would be Trump tends to blame everyone around him which could also be directed at Ramalamadingdong. I am sure we have differing opinions on how justified that blame game is.
    But it would not do Ramalama any good
    I disagree. If his biggest problem is gaining the trust of the people he needs to be elected, that would be one way to do so

I'm not sure I can see any other pathway to overcoming that unless Trump is sidelined and people feel the need to bet it all on

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That’s more than I know about Vivek. About Trump, we knew he had relationships. We knew allot more about Trump than we do about Vivek…. Who has no past (for the most part)
    Your lack of research into a candidate does not equal him not having a past. Don’t be a low information voter.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ramaswamy says he's not interested in being the second honcho. He said neither him nor Trump would do well as #2. I guess he considers himself to be an alpha billionaire like Trump.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Does anyone here put any faith (any at all, high, low, whatever) into the possibility that Swamy might be a Trump stalking horse? I'm not making the accusation, just curious if anyone has even a tiny bit of belief in such a possibility.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    No. I think he believes he could be the next Ross Perot, though, but with a better outcome
    I suppose all things are possible but Perot / Swamy comparisons aren't exactly apples to apples. I don't think Swamy will run as an Independent. Trump could make such a decision (I doubt it though) and that would make Trump play the role of Perot in the general. I don't know how it'll play out. Maybe a Trump/Swamy ticket will develope. I figure the chances of that to be low. Another low posibility is Trump chooses to withdrawl and endorses Swamy, playing the role of King Maker. The obvious goal for the uniparty is to stop Trump at all costs. Who wins is of little relevance to the establishment. With that thought, I can't completely rule out the possibility that Swamy either is a stalking horse, or he might otherwise get used as such by the uniparty, all in the name of stopping Trump. We'll know if Trump views Swamy as a rival if Trump gives him a nickname.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I suppose all things are possible but Perot / Swamy comparisons aren't exactly apples to apples. I don't think Swamy will run as an Independent. Trump could make such a decision (I doubt it though) and that would make Trump play the role of Perot in the general. I don't know how it'll play out. Maybe a Trump/Swamy ticket will develope. I figure the chances of that to be low. Another low posibility is Trump chooses to withdrawl and endorses Swamy, playing the role of King Maker. The obvious goal for the uniparty is to stop Trump at all costs. Who wins is of little relevance to the establishment. With that thought, I can't completely rule out the possibility that Swamy either is a stalking horse, or he might otherwise get used as such by the uniparty, all in the name of stopping Trump. We'll know if Trump views Swamy as a rival if Trump gives him a nickname.
    I think Trump is best positioned as a king maker for the GOP.

He planted the seeds for an overhaul of the GOP, and people like Vivek and DeSantis are those seeds blooming. I think it would be wise to embrace it.

Not to mention Trump is getting old, and no amount of money makes you immortal. You need to carry your legacy past the grave if you want to do big things. Keep in mind I'm not saying I wouldn't vote for Trump, I'm saying that he isn't going to be around for ever to rely on and the sooner we can put his reforms of the party in stone, and have others lead the way with them, the better off we'll be long term.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think Trump is best positioned as a king maker for the GOP.

He planted the seeds for an overhaul of the GOP, and people like Vivek and DeSantis are those seeds blooming. I think it would be wise to embrace it.

Not to mention Trump is getting old, and no amount of money makes you immortal. You need to carry your legacy past the grave if you want to do big things. Keep in mind I'm not saying I wouldn't vote for Trump, I'm saying that he isn't going to be around for ever to rely on and the sooner we can put his reforms of the party in stone, and have others lead the way with them, the better off we'll be long term.
    It appears this is the reason why Ramaswamy is running. He feels the party needs fresh legs at this time to carry on with the revival.

He says that he can be effective from the WH only if he's the leader and the face of the movement and what he would tell Trump is I know you're a patriot, you and I have a mutual respect. I want him as my most valued advisor and mentor in that role. He says he's got fresh legs and he's less than half his age. We have to reach young people that have lost their sense of national pride.

It appears to me like he feels that it's time for Trump to pass the baton and he wants to be the one with fresh legs to run with it.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It appears this is the reason why Ramaswamy is running. He feels the party needs fresh legs at this time to carry on with the revolution.

He says that what he would tell Trump is I know you're a patriot, you and I have a mutual respect, I want him as my most valued advisor and mentor in that role. He says he's got fresh legs and he's half his age. We have to reach young people.

It appears like he feels that it's time for Trump to pass the baton and he wants to be the one to run with it.

He nails it every time, wow.

But yeah I do believe it is time to pass the baton as well, we need to be able to continue his legacy without him, as a demonstration we've actually learned the lessons and aren't crutching our way along.

I also think it will keep Trump in a better light because it's not going to be long before he's going to start degrading, and I personally don't want to see that picked apart in the media and remember him that way.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I think Trump would relish being the GOP king maker. It would stroke his ego and allow him to still get some spotlight. But there's a war being waged against his sheer existence let alone his possible leadership. His instinctual counter-punching and last opportunity (age and term limits both apply) might not let him gracefully relinquish the reighns. Sooner or later The Donald and Swamy are going to have to talk publicly about where each stands relative to the other. I hope that goes well. Everybody else on that stage is an also-ran. This is now a two man race for the R nomination.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would say that Ramaswamy's goal to become the leader and the face of the movement right now can only come to fruition if Trump is receptive to it. I don't see that happening for Ramaswamy in this election cycle. If he wants Trump as a mentor, he'll have to settle for a VP apprenticeship in a Trump administration if he's offered one. That is if Trump wins the general election.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom