• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I disagree. It was never intended to be a career goal, life long career, for our politicians / representatives. The people knew it and politicians knew it. Somewhere over the years both sides have decided to take advantage of a situation; however, I do mostly blame the politician.

When you have representatives who cannot speak at a podium, retire millionaires, have family and friends profit from their position in government we have a problem with the politicians.

It’s called integrity. Politicians lack integrity, not all, but most. We vote them in on a promise, they manipulate to maintain their position. They indoctrinate, legislate and manipulate to keep their power.

People are faced with limited selection, if any. When someone good is elected, they are bought and drug down into the swamp. The people did not create that swamp. When the people try to vote others in, the swamp drowns them or destroys them; or they learn to live in the swamp - doing things the swamp way.

IF politicians were honest and had integrity we would not be here today, not facing the bloodless coup we are.
    I’m over this issue though I agree with your points. It requires a constitutional amendment and that ain’t happening so why even waste energy on it.

I love the meme that says I am not concerned with the billionaire that became a politician, I am concerned with the politicians that became billionaires…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So does the system in place in any other banana republic (like, say, Venezuela)

Without robust election integrity, your theoretical abilities will never match your actual capabilities in that area
    When was the last election that had the robust election integrity of which you speak?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Notice how she quickly tried to move along to another topic when she realized Vivek came prepared and turned the tables on her. Well done Vivek.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When was the last election that had the robust election integrity of which you speak?
    Americans have traditionally voted in neighborhood polling places, but since the 1980s, many states have eased rules on issuing absentee ballots, allowed voters to cast ballots in person before Election Day, or even begun mailing ballots to all voters. The movement to vote-by-mail reached new levels with the 2020 elections and COVID-19 pandemic.
    Looks like Reagan's first successful election (to the presidency)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It’s interesting to watch people salivate over the numerous possibilities of a new candidate like they will be assured a fair election this next round.
    I think the RNC has made it clear they want another neocon Bush Republican and won't be tolerating Trump or insurgents this time around. Expect a major effort to get Trump off the ballot not in blue states, but in red ones.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I think the RNC has made it clear they want another neocon Bush Republican and won't be tolerating Trump or insurgents this time around. Expect a major effort to get Trump off the ballot not in blue states, but in red ones.
    Trump should run as an Independent. Let the RINOs see exactly the number of conservatives that don’t support them.

Top Bottom