• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Who gives a ****? Seems closer to George Washington to me, who warned about the evil of political parties.

Like I said...it's a feature, not a bug.

I agree fully.

And I pretty much fully endorse Vivek, the only hold up I have left is self-questioning whether I'm being swayed with someone who talks the talk and has the charisma, or if he's actually the real deal. People always pull this critique of Trump, but I can say from lived experience the Trump years were some of the best years of my life.

But at this point in politics, I'm not sure it matters much. A hail marry is better than no play at all.

Also, all of you criticizing him for not voting or registering with a party, have you considered there was no one he cared to put his vote behind?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The questions being asked of him are legitimate. His various political associations, business associations and endeavors as well as previous public positions he's taken put him near those I view negatively. But when asked about these issues, his answers seem plausible. His reasoning and replies are believable. I'm not saying he's absolutely honest, only that he's absolutely believable. Swamy takes every question asked and answers them on the spot, succinctly. That alone places him above the professional politicians he was on stage with. Bluntly stated, he's a better option than anyone else on that debate stage even with his imperfections. Is he what he claims to be? I'm still contemplating the answer.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I agree fully.

And I pretty much fully endorse Vivek, the only hold up I have left is self-questioning whether I'm being swayed with someone who talks the talk and has the charisma, or if he's actually the real deal. People always pull this critique of Trump, but I can say from lived experience the Trump years were some of the best years of my life.

But at this point in politics, I'm not sure it matters much. A hail marry is better than no play at all.

Also, all of you criticizing him for not voting or registering with a party, have you considered there was no one he cared to put his vote behind?
    I’m not criticizing anyone. I was told to become an informed voter so I am. So far, I am not impressed with anything except his articulation. I do not believe anyone has enough information to truly make a decision.

Trump was not the same a Viveck. Trump had a history, a background that was very open. We had a pretty good idea who was running based on his background, associations, world interactions and such. Yes, we may have learned allot also, but it has been pretty consistent.

Does Vivek exhibit the same ass Trump did early on? Not even close. I am not saying he isn’t the “the one”, but my gut is suggesting we all do as KG1 has suggested to me.

Become an informed voter. Sometimes when things seem too good, it’s time to step back and re-evaluate.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    In 2016, I would have voted Vivek over Trump all 5 times. Now it's 3-2 with final decision time still months away

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Vivek is using Trump as a springboard. Trying to bring him into his campaign to gain momentum. Good strategy but may backfire. Trump as an adviser? Mentor? Difficult to vision that. BTW, I’d want a president that is ready to go and does not need on the job training.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Vivek is using Trump as a springboard. Trying to bring him into his campaign to gain momentum. Good strategy but may backfire. Trump as an adviser? Mentor? Difficult to vision that. BTW, I’d want a president that is ready to go and does not need on the job training.
    I've posted about this a few pages ago. Vivek pays his respects to Trump for what he's done with the AF movement, but it appears like he feels the party needs "fresh legs"as he put it to carry on and he wants to be the one to run with the baton now. I suspect he hasn't spoken ill about Trump because he wants to curry favor with him and Trump supporters.

It appears to be working because Trump hasn't attacked him like he has with most of the other candidates. I think he hasn't in part because he sees him as a foil to suppress DeSantis.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

The idea here is that Vivek might be able to get away with things Trump simply isn't allowed to do. He's much more disarming to the crowd, and doesn't have all these years of billions of dollars spent to try to make him a pariah.

I also don't see on the job training as a bad thing for a president. Trump had to go through much the same trials and learn. And did you notice how good times were before someone was jaded and disillusioned with what can be accomplished?

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    This all sounds good. I'm all for it. Many of these proposals are nothing new. The Democrats have been fighting tooth and nail against them. Apparently, a few other Republican candidates are too.
    Too bad we the people cannot mandate ANY person running for office, sign off on that in a contractual manner. If they renege it would be automatic removal from future ballots.

Sadly, the members of congress will not limit their “power” for 2 cycles and we’re asking for clean elections?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Too bad we the people cannot mandate ANY person running for office, sign off on that in a contractual manner. If they renege it would be automatic removal from future ballots.

Sadly, the members of congress will not limit their “power” for 2 cycles and we’re asking for clean elections?
    Our system provides the ability to vote them out.

Our system counts on the people holding their elected officials accountable.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    The system is fine. It's we the people that are broken. IMHO of course.
    I disagree. It was never intended to be a career goal, life long career, for our politicians / representatives. The people knew it and politicians knew it. Somewhere over the years both sides have decided to take advantage of a situation; however, I do mostly blame the politician.

When you have representatives who cannot speak at a podium, retire millionaires, have family and friends profit from their position in government we have a problem with the politicians.

It’s called integrity. Politicians lack integrity, not all, but most. We vote them in on a promise, they manipulate to maintain their position. They indoctrinate, legislate and manipulate to keep their power.

People are faced with limited selection, if any. When someone good is elected, they are bought and drug down into the swamp. The people did not create that swamp. When the people try to vote others in, the swamp drowns them or destroys them; or they learn to live in the swamp - doing things the swamp way.

IF politicians were honest and had integrity we would not be here today, not facing the bloodless coup we are.

Top Bottom