• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    VP is an elected office. They can only be impeached - not fired.
    Nixon fired spiro agnew. I mean. Technically Agnew “resigned” what with the accusations of corruption, tax evasion, whatnot. Point is, the president can demand the resignation of the VP. And in normal times, the VP would comply.

In today’s climate it would not be surprising if the president asked the VP to resign, and the VP refuses. So that would be fun.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Pretty impressive interview with Vivek ( w/Donald Trump Jr ) .........He continues his message and how he would deliver them , given the chance . I really believe he would expose a lot of the corruption and waste while cleaning house . It sure appears there will be a position for him .
    Pretty lengthy to watch if you have some time ................

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Nixon fired spiro agnew. I mean. Technically Agnew “resigned” what with the accusations of corruption, tax evasion, whatnot. Point is, the president can demand the resignation of the VP. And in normal times, the VP would comply.

In today’s climate it would not be surprising if the president asked the VP to resign, and the VP refuses. So that would be fun.
    Agnew was about to be indicted. He struck a plea deal and by resigning and pleading no-contest to a single count of tax fraud, he avoided indictment on numerous corruption charges from his time as Governor of Maryland. A VP cannot be fired - only pressured to resign.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Agnew was about to be indicted. He struck a plea deal and by resigning and pleading no-contest to a single count of tax fraud, he avoided indictment on numerous corruption charges from his time as Governor of Maryland. A VP cannot be fired - only pressured to resign.

So why did they push so hard to get the resignation? Because if not it would raise constitutional questions about about outside indictments and the President and Vice President…

This question is not directed at you rb just using it as a jumping point.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    So why did they push so hard to get the resignation? Because if not it would raise constitutional questions about about outside indictments and the President and Vice President…

This question is not directed at you rb just using it as a jumping point.
    It was largely politically motivated. Watergate was in full swing with the Democrats wanting to remove Nixon. At the time, the Democrats controlled the House, so if they forced out Nixon and Agnew, they would take over the Presidency. Yes, there was a Constitutional question whether the President/VP could be tried outside of the Senate.

I will also add that Maryland was (is?) a notoriously corrupt State - think of Chicago. Kickbacks and bribes were just part of doing business and was engaged in by members of both parties. That is probably still true.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It was largely politically motivated. Watergate was in full swing with the Democrats wanting to remove Nixon. At the time, the Democrats controlled the House, so if they forced out Nixon and Agnew, they would take over the Presidency. Yes, there was a Constitutional question whether the President/VP could be tried outside of the Senate.

I will also add that Maryland was (is?) a notoriously corrupt State - think of Chicago. Kickbacks and bribes were just part of doing business and was engaged in by members of both parties. That is probably still true.
    Agreed, but this snarky comment keeps coming to mind.

It had to be that way, uncle Walter told me so…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agreed, but this snarky comment keeps coming to mind.

It had to be that way, uncle Walter told me so…
    My memory isn't as good as when I was younger. And I don't catch every posts. Anyway, I don't remember anyone posting a snarky comment relevant to this conversation. Can you point it out?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Jeebus that Kamala is a dope. The stark contrast between Vivek and her couldn't be further apart. Vivek is far superior in intellect and vastly greater in oratory skills.

She's just a pea brain fake wannabe intellectual with great oral skills. Damn I hope like hell Trump wins the election. She's one among many other reasons.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    ^^^ from above article... It's a great line.

One of his gifts is fighting for hearts and minds of the college-educated, or what I call the lost souls of America — those who have been taught intellectual narratives without truth, which is what our education system thrives doing.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    My dream scenario is for Trump to turn the Democrats supposed 2020 plan on its head and on to them.

Win the presidency, execute his and Ramaswamy's vision of government reduction and reorganization. Put Ramaswamy either in the VP slot to execute the reorganization of the federal government, or as president Trump's personal envoy to do the same.

On January 7th 2027 president Trump resigns and either Vivek assumes the Presidency or Trump's then VP assumes the presidency and immediately puts forward Ramaswamy as VP. Then crank the restructuring to 12 on a dial that only goes to 10.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    My dream scenario is for Trump to turn the Democrats supposed 2020 plan on its head and on to them.

Win the presidency, execute his and Ramaswamy's vision of government reduction and reorganization. Put Ramaswamy either in the VP slot to execute the reorganization of the federal government, or as president Trump's personal envoy to do the same.

On January 7th 2027 president Trump resigns and either Vivek assumes the Presidency or Trump's then VP assumes the presidency and immediately puts forward Ramaswamy as VP. Then crank the restructuring to 12 on a dial that only goes to 10.
    That sounds like the dream alright.

Realistically, it ain't happening, though.

Top Bottom