• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    i was on the twitter yesterday and Scott Adams made some complimentary comments on Vivek. The Trump smear machine went wild.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I am disappointed.

This Nation desperately needed his intelligence, intellect, and education in the White House. Instead we will get a repeat of 2020, and that will probably finish off this Nation.

Much of the time it was like he had been living in my head for years. He articulated arguments and positions which I have held for decades, and was far more effective doing so.

I hope he offers his service to the Nation again, but I doubt it. He will likely go back to making money, and trying to develop a plan to save his family post America.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    He's earned my respect. I hope he decides to run again someday.
    Sadly, he probably won't get the chance. I would not be surprised by another summer of love post Super Tuesday, followed by Trump getting "Bobby Kennedy'd" before November. I believe that is where we probably are.

The Nation is divided into two camps, one has the levers of power and will stop at nothing to maintain that grip. The Administrative State has nearly total control. Give it four more years we'll be Argentina circa 2016. The bureaucracy is just about out of control, and feel empowered to look you in the eye and say "in my opinion, you should do X", many no longer even pretend to hide behind Rule or guidance.

If I am Ramaswamy, I would probably buy a places in the Swiss Alps and somewhere in the South Pacific Rim, learn French, and try build a plan for saving my family as America disintegrates.

We've seen what the elected communists will do. Show trials. Fences around the Capital. Censorship. Kangaroo Courts for J6 protestors.

What time is it?

Asking for a friend...

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Sadly, he probably won't get the chance. I would not be surprised by another summer of love post Super Tuesday, followed by Trump getting "Bobby Kennedy'd" before November. I believe that is where we probably are.

The Nation is divided into two camps, one has the levers of power and will stop at nothing to maintain that grip. The Administrative State has nearly total control. Give it four more years we'll be Argentina circa 2016. The bureaucracy is just about out of control, and feel empowered to look you in the eye and say "in my opinion, you should do X", many no longer even pretend to hide behind Rule or guidance.

If I am Ramaswamy, I would probably buy a places in the Swiss Alps and somewhere in the South Pacific Rim, learn French, and try build a plan for saving my family as America disintegrates.

We've seen what the elected communists will do. Show trials. Fences around the Capital. Censorship. Kangaroo Courts for J6 protestors.

What time is it?

Asking for a friend...
    I hope you're wrong.

I can't really argue with you, I just hope you're wrong.

I just remember under Obama it felt like we'd reached the point of no return, then Trump's presidency happened. Yes, things have gotten worse since then, but at the state level some things have actually gotten better. So maybe there's hope?

I've developed a general rule, that when discussing voting I try to be as optimistic as possible, but when discussing buying ammo/prepping, I try to be as pessimistic as possible. So vote like your vote is the only thing that can save the country, and stock up like your guns and food stocks are the only thing that can save your family, that's what I say.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Quit saying nice things about Ramassamy. Y'all know that Trump won Iowa bigly last night, right? All 99 counties. Whooop! (there it is)

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Things have gotten catastrophic since then. Inability to say what a woman is was fringe idea still incubating in ivory towers. Now it’s mainstream. Woke was on no one’s radar. Now it’s dominant in all institutions, even churches .
    That's true enough, but in a way, I still feel a bit more optimistic now, simply because it seems like people are being forced to wake up to reality. Some of us saw the writing on the wall back in 2012, or even before that, but back then if you tried to talk to a "mainstream" conservative, or especially to someone who fancied themselves a "moderate", you'd try telling them "Look, you do realize that with the path the left is on, we're going to have men dressed as women having discover-your-sexuality hour with 6-year-olds in public schools in a few years?" And they'd look at you like you just told them the moon landings were fake.

Yes, our country is still on a bad trajectory, and there's still a lot of people trying to ignore the full unhinged extremism of Lefty Clownworld, but it's getting harder, and it seems like those numbers are going down rather than up, and I really feel like more folks are being forced to take things seriously now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There’s something about him that doesn’t ring true With me.
    I think we’re all felt that way. When you start to think he’s sincere, but then see some stuff incongruent with that sincerity, it is hard to trust him. I was starting to trust that he’s being sincere. I also thought he understood that he’s not going to be the nominee. The fact that he’s running a cheep campaign made me think he’s in it for the platform. For the messaging. Dropping out at this point confirms it’s not that. It was a play to win the AF vote.

Someone reported on X that Ramaswamy’s rep at a caucus was telling people not to vote for Trump. That Trump isn’t the right person to be carrying on AF. And I think he’s right about that. But that just kinda undermines Ramaswamy’s deference to Trump.

It seems like he was playing two games. He was kissing ass to get a position should Trump become president again. But also he was trying to win over the AF voters to follow him. I think that really explains all of Ramaswamy’s behavior.

That whole bit about “vote for me to save Trump” fails the logic test. I ain’t butthurt because he didn’t kiss the ring. I couldn’t care any less about how much respect Trump and Trumpers think he deserves. It’s that Ramaswamy’s statement just flat out doesn’t make any sense.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    2012 was before cancel culture happened. You could pick any one of the nutty things the left stands for now, and nobody had that on their bingo cards.
    I dunno. I seem to remember having conversations with some of my close family and friends, even back then, and some of them had a pretty prescient idea of what the left was gunning for, especially with the push to sexualize young children and foist transgender nonsense on people. It's all just memories in my head though, so maybe I'm ascribing things to them in hindsight that they didn't actually foresee at the time. :dunno:

Either way, you're definitely right that there's been a precipitous rush into crazytown on the part of the Left, even in the last few years. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that this is going to start waking people up to the fact that this new Clownworld is the logical conclusion of what the Left stood for all along, but I'm still hopeful.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    That whole bit about “vote for me to save Trump” fails the logic test. I ain’t butthurt because he didn’t kiss the ring. I couldn’t care any less about how much respect Trump and Trumpers think he deserves. It’s that Ramaswamy’s statement just flat out doesn’t make any sense.
    His statement does make sense if you truly believe TPTB will never let Trump take office, and you are committed to pardoning Trump.

Three words, one name Sirhan Bishara Sirhan.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    His statement does make sense if you truly believe TPTB will never let Trump take office, and you are committed to pardoning Trump.

Three words, one name Sirhan Bishara Sirhan.
    Yeah, it does seem like TPTB want him out no matter what. Whether its in jail or in the ground doesnt matter to them.

Top Bottom