• ...and so much more!
  • Fantix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Lawrence Co
    So let me ask all you LEO’s a question.
    Say you are out and about and witness an infraction while in civilian clothes and in your personal vehicle. The infraction is something such as improper lane movement (or close\similar to it). It didn’t endanger pedestrians or other drivers. Do you call in? Or do you wait until 4 hours later while on duty, in uniform and show up at the person’s house and give them a warning?
    For the record, No this didn’t happen to me.
    Is there a time frame that one can be issued a ticket\warning from an observation?
    I know not all police are unscrupulous, but this guy was a real blow hard.
    I personally think he got butthurt when he got a rude gesture back after giving a rude gesture.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Step right up folks, there's plenty to go around!

pb-120102-popcorn-6p.jpg

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    So let me ask all you LEO’s a question.
    Say you are out and about and witness an infraction while in civilian clothes and in your personal vehicle. The infraction is something such as improper lane movement (or close\similar to it). It didn’t endanger pedestrians or other drivers. Do you call in? Or do you wait until 4 hours later while on duty, in uniform and show up at the person’s house and give them a warning?
    For the record, No this didn’t happen to me.
    Is there a time frame that one can be issued a ticket\warning from an observation?
    I know not all police are unscrupulous, but this guy was a real blow hard.
    I personally think he got butthurt when he got a rude gesture back after giving a rude gesture.

Im not LEO, but I have a question.

Did the officer take your, oh I mean the persons Wallet?

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I can't think of a single time in my career that I've ever called in an infraction. I've witnessed thousands while off duty in my own vehicle and have never addressed any of them when I came back on duty. I have better stuff to do.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sounds like Officer Butthurt doesn't like having his authoritah disrespected. [STRIKE]You should[/STRIKE] Your friend should call the officers supervisor, if there is an issue it will be dealt with. Of course then Officer Butthurt would be trolling for "your friend"!:lmfao:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I don't have the time or desire to address every infraction I witness ON duty so I'm sure as hell not going to jack with it OFF duty.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Have the guy fight it. And have him drastically alter his appearance for the court appearance. heh.

Of note: In IN, a fully qualified LEO is "never not a cop" (akin to a bonafide school never not being a school). However, there are standards LEO must follow for traffic stops due to infractions (having to do with marked car / uniform combinations).

While I think that the "law" is on the officer's side, I also think that it was a complete and total phallic move.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It seems like for an officer to take the time to follow up on an infraction hours later, the person committing the infraction must have been a genuinely annoying a-hole. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can't think of a single time in my career that I've ever called in an infraction. I've witnessed thousands while off duty in my own vehicle and have never addressed any of them when I came back on duty. I have better stuff to do.

Oh I can.... multiple infractions. Led to an OWI arrest.
    But yeah OP, simple infraction and nothing else suspected. I don't do anything.... except wish I was in a marked car. But it's not that deep.

Fantix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Lawrence Co
    Sounds like Officer Butthurt doesn't like having his authoritah disrespected. [STRIKE]You should[/STRIKE] Your friend should call the officers supervisor, if there is an issue it will be dealt with. Of course then Officer Butthurt would be trolling for "your friend"!:lmfao:

My SIL did call and file a complaint. She just moved out of state so unless he's driving 7+ hours one way, I don't think he will be trolling her.

Have the guy fight it. And have him drastically alter his appearance for the court appearance. heh.

Of note: In IN, a fully qualified LEO is "never not a cop" (akin to a bonafide school never not being a school). However, there are standards LEO must follow for traffic stops due to infractions (having to do with marked car / uniform combinations).

While I think that the "law" is on the officer's side, I also think that it was a complete and total phallic move.

She just got a warning.

Im not LEO, but I have a question.

Did the officer take your, oh I mean the persons Wallet?

I need to ask my SIL if she still has her wallet in her purse!

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've heard of a guy mailing a UTT via certified mail after witnessing an infraction. Never known anyone to go in uniform to a house after the fact.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    People drive like crap, I've learned to live with it a long time ago. On-duty I have better things to do than traffic enforcement (usually). Off-duty, I could not care less about infractions.... I can tell you that we hate it when an off-duty calls us to stop a car for a stupid infraction. Not going to get a lot of respect from any of us.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    People drive like crap, I've learned to live with it a long time ago. On-duty I have better things to do than traffic enforcement (usually). Off-duty, I could not care less about infractions.... I can tell you that we hate it when an off-duty calls us to stop a car for a stupid infraction. Not going to get a lot of respect from any of us.
    You mean I'm not the only one that hates when a rookie calls in because the car in front of them has an expired license plate by a week?

Top Bottom