• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They should limit it to cases only and re-name the proposed law: "The Revolver Revitalization Act of 2016". That'll garner the support of antis and old guys who don't bother to read the bill, alike.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Serious question: wouldn't the bullet be too deformed to read the serial number after firing, hitting tissue/bone, walls, etc.??

Why do you hate the children this program will save? :laugh:

They should limit it to cases only and re-name the proposed law: "The Revolver Revitalization Act of 2016". That'll garner the support of antis and old guys who don't bother to read the bill, alike.

I nominate this for post of the month. And on the last day of the month, even!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There's a fast and easy solution to this if they're foolish enough to pass it. The ammo companies simply stop any shipments to Illinois. When no IL PD can obtain training or SD ammo, they will pressure legislators to repeal this POS law.

Blessings,
    Bill

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Pardon my ignorance, but couldn't someone remove the bullet from the casing, file the base, then reseat the bullet? Is this possible for a layman to do if s/he didn't want to fire a bullet with a serial number?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Pardon my ignorance, but couldn't someone remove the bullet from the casing, file the base, then reseat the bullet? Is this possible for a layman to do if s/he didn't want to fire a bullet with a serial number?

Pull the firing pin out with the stamp, put new firing pin from Brownells.

Pull projectile with kinetic hammer and reseat bullet from Midway or Dillon.

Sure thing. It's work but can be done.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Illinois can suck a hairy one. So glad I left when I did. The good people there should join the fine folks in Cali and start their own country on Fantasy Island.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Pull the firing pin out with the stamp, put new firing pin from Brownells.

Pull projectile with kinetic hammer and reseat bullet from Midway or Dillon.

Sure thing. It's work but can be done.

What does the firing pin have to do with it? From what I understood from the video, the serial number would be on the actual bullet from the factory.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I haven't read the proposed IL statute but if it is what I suspect it is, a similar law was proposed several years ago in something like 18 states, Indiana included, simultaneously. IIRC, the proposals were nearly word-for-word identical and every one was, of course, proposed by a Democrat legislator. Funding for the enforcement would have come from a per-round tax with the estimated revenue based on production figures from ammo manufacturers. The Indiana proposal went "to committee" where it died and was buried without a vote.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The anti's don't expect for this to actually work as explained. This is just a nose under the tent to regulate and price us out of shooting and consequently owning guns.

Guns are useless without ammo. The anti's are content to play the long game, eventually working us all to "without ammo."

Once they open the door to serializing/taxing ammo, it's the beginning of the end. Think cigarettes.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The anti's don't expect for this to actually work as explained. This is just a nose under the tent to regulate and price us out of shooting and consequently owning guns.

Guns are useless without ammo. The anti's are content to play the long game, eventually working us all to "without ammo."

Once they open the door to serializing/taxing ammo, it's the beginning of the end. Think cigarettes.

That's it exactly.
    They know that outright bans are incredibly unpopular and likely to result in many of those proposing them losing elections, so they instead propose more esoteric laws that most of the general public is unlikely to understand to raise the price and lower the availability of ammo.
    It's the far left's fallback option for when they don't get their way, i.e. incrementalism.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Incrementalism - that's exactly how 2nd amendment rights will continue to be eroded.

No one will take your AR; but removable magazines? Manufacturer Indemnification? Gunsmithing Regulations? and so on.

Don't call your congressman; it'll all be through executive order.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Something like this would also put a huge dent in the online sales of ammo to the state. I know if I owned an online ammo store I'd not sell to IL. Nor their police departments.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The anti's are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. Don't think for a minute that they haven't watched (taking notes) while "we" tried to eat our own with the .22lr flippers.

How many plan to stop at Walmart on Friday to pick up a couple or three bricks of bulk pack for shooting up over the holiday weekend?:rolleyes:

Top Bottom