• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Tracing the bullets back to the store that sold them.....
    Ok ... Now tie that in with president hitlary's plan to allow gun manufacturers and sellers to be sued.
    Starting to see the big picture?
    Also, this will drive up costs for the sellers... Another way to drive down sales and put them out of business.
    Are the gang bangers stealing guns and ammo really going to be stopped by serial numbers?
    No. This will have zero effect on them.
    chitcago doesn't have a gun problem....it has a resident problem.

Not just the sellers, but the producers, too. The equipment necessary to emboss unique serial numbers into the brass will be expensive and will slow production.
    Illinois will become a weird boutique market where ammo is much more expensive, which will encourage more theft/'informal' importation.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's true, but as it stands now, you have to have the gun to match it to the case. With an intact​ microstamped serial number, you could find where the gun was sold from the case alone, and start the search for where it ended up.

Could you do that without a comprehensive registration database. Wouldn't that make any pre-registration gun more desirable to those of nefarious intent

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    This should be the poster child for "common sense" gun laws.....how pointless. Oh wait, there is a very clear point. Making gun manufacturing, sales and ownership so cumbersome that legal gun owners slowly disappear.

Never been a time as critical to vote for pro-2nd Amendment legislatures at EVERY level of government.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    So happy I moved to Indiana 8 years ago... IL sucks..
    A buddy of mine moved to Texas from Illinois a few years ago now. It was primarily due to the craziness with Ill. gun laws. Luckily he could move to a small town, because he is retired and didn't need to find a good job.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    How would that track to the individual who actually committed the crime...who probably did NOT purchase them from a store him/herself?

I have a sticker on the rear window of my truck cap..."CRIMINAL CONTROL: Not Gun Control!!!"

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    How would that track to the individual who actually committed the crime...who probably did NOT purchase them from a store him/herself?

I believe the idea is to track the round to the original purchaser and track its path from there to the crime/criminal. Would it work??? :dunno: I'm doubtful.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    "Oh yeah, I sold that ammo a couple of days ago. Who to? I don't remember."

Since that is so common and so easy, the logical next step is to register all ammo purchases and all resale of ammo, tracking it wherever it goes. Exactly the same as universal background checks for guns. Both are a first step towards documenting where every firearm/ammo is located. If you can't see where the anti-gunners are going with each of their "common sense" gun control proposals, you will sacrifice gun rights every time.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "Oh yeah, I sold that ammo a couple of days ago. Who to? I don't remember."

Works until they criminalize not keeping the record of to who..... like if you have a gun stolen and don't report it you are a criminal too that I "think" passed just recently.

Top Bottom