Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I ended the rally speaking;
    Here - I hope to have better soon and the whole list line up ... ramble - especially at the end.
    (sorry had extra tasks unexpected and didn't get to prep as well as I wanted or to make a note to tie in all prior speakers as I hoped, I got most though.)

yes it is on Facebook but it is also public so anyone can see it - I have to do that let it be shareable to the world and you shouldn't need to log in to see it ... I'll try to be finding another venue - perhaps youtube if they didn't delete me yet.

https://www.facebook.com/bill.slike/videos/10210826155032244/

At what point did you realize you couldn't see where the people ended? Keep doin what you're doin Bill.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Honest question since I wasn’t there. Were there any Butter Fudds in attendance?

I'll have to scan through Dan's pics again looking for big hats and side by side double barrels. A lot of people there, could've been a Fudd or two.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    1 DRESS was listed

2 The few in BDU's / kits:

The main host actually received a threat before hand that (... part of why she got nervous, and Ill and didn't speak ...) But the guys in full gear wear all for MIL (and/or LEO) that volunteered to help out w/ event security in light of that and the higher profile speakers. They were the ONLY folks in gear like that.

Yes a few others had camo jackets, hats and such. I didnt' see anyone else 'all decked out' - why note this? I'm sitting in my office, professional engineer wearing a breathable grey camo'ed long sleeve shirt under my black INS golf polo. ... its normal attire for some. MOST were in what I'd call normal attire for an un predictable weather day in April where Mother nature couldn't decide what to throw at us. You see me "as I am" on the video there and in my interview w/ WISH TV. ...

3 Long guns - After the ruling in MASS and the City Council guy starting his resolution, is when I decided to bring my AR. I knew how I would be dressed and I also planned on the sign that it had attached (see prior post) ... because so many do not understand ... if we hide that normal folks own AR's - or that we carry (CC only when we do) or other such things; we let the only thing people know be what the news and entertainment media tell them.

We had 2 guidance things for the event on this:

and I added this ... to try to keep negative perceptions under control:

I know a few did this at the end - when they went to eat ... and they VERIFIED that it was OK w/ the restaurant before entering. which would be consistent and OK with that. Long ago men fired their rifles and muskets into the air before entering a building. ...

That's the official line on all this.

Also see the bottom quote in #486 of the thread. ...

Keep at it - we need us all. - doing all we can - and sometimes more. Like the minute men - militia and alarm listers in Concord.

I think you and the other organizers did a great job. Like I also said on the first page I'm sure the people that attended were all great people.
    For political rallys specific people are staged behind the important speakers (like presidential candidates and such) because those people will end up on TV and they want to control the message.
    I just think we have 2 camps with 2 different mesaages in our gun community. Maybe 3.
    Theres room for all of us but we all arent even clear on how much of the second we are willing to compromise and give up. (Not one damn inch is the right answer)
    Hell I even heard some true gun guys who own AR's for self defense willing to give up a level of rights in order to get national carry or suppressors off the NFA.
    We have a HUGE portion of gun owners even active members of ingo who are.highly uneducated about basic firearms issues and laws. It really cripples us.
    As long as they can drop leg carry their 12" barrel .22 revolver they good.
    I really think we need to push self defense gun training among our community and when someone says they're trained because they went with cletus to the range, call them out and tell them that's bull **** and no they arent trained. Encourage PROPER training and education

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think you and the other organizers did a great job. Like I also said on the first page I'm sure the people that attended were all great people.
    For political rallys specific people are staged behind the important speakers (like presidential candidates and such) because those people will end up on TV and they want to control the message.
    I just think we have 2 camps with 2 different mesaages in our gun community. Maybe 3.
    Theres room for all of us but we all arent even clear on how much of the second we are willing to compromise and give up. (Not one damn inch is the right answer)
    Hell I even heard some true gun guys who own AR's for self defense willing to give up a level of rights in order to get national carry or suppressors off the NFA.
    We have a HUGE portion of gun owners even active members of ingo who are.highly uneducated about firearms issues and laws. It really cripples us.
    As long as they can drop leg carry their 12" barrel .22 revolver they good.
    All outta reps for TriggerTime one of these days...

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I ended up not attending. I originally planned on it. After talking with several guys 10-20yrs older than me that are hard core 2A, I realized mostly what they said to be correct. Rallies are good for exercising your 1A rights but they don't convince politicians to change their minds or sway them. Once they started mentioning other huge rallies from the past(war rallies, teachers unions, etc) and the nothing burger that resulted from it, then I pondered more about it. In medicine when there's a problem we place an intervention and then go back and measure efficacy. History has shown that rallies aren't very effient. I'm not trying to take on a defeatist attitude here. When a tool quits working we don't continue to try and use it hoping it just might next time. If you feel like going to rallies are good, then by all means go. If joe blow in the senate won't listen to you when call and email him then he sure isn't gonna give you a reach around when you stand in front of his office holding a sign. These asshats get my blood boiling. But I remain humble and meek. If/when the time comes, if I have to march around with a slung rifle, it'll be for other reasons than showing face. I'll be running with guys like TT

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    At what point did you realize you couldn't see where the people ended? Keep doin what you're doin Bill.

When I got the Mic Going - all the way until I finished speaking. LOL most stayed the whole day - a few left but other straggled in ... like Guy.
    His timing was impeccable to get to speak.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When I got the Mic Going - all the way until I finished speaking. LOL most stayed the whole day - a few left but other straggled in ... like Guy.
    His timing was impeccable to get to speak.
    I didn't try look further than I could make out the shapes of people. When you're The Gun Guy, you can walk up and get handed the mic.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll have to scan through Dan's pics again looking for big hats and side by side double barrels. A lot of people there, could've been a Fudd or two.
    Upon further review: I declare the 14 April Indianapolis Rally Fudd free. It was an FFZ (Fudd Free Zone). I, KellyinAvon hereby claim all rights to "FFZ" and "Fudd Free Zone".

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I ended up not attending. I originally planned on it. After talking with several guys 10-20yrs older than me that are hard core 2A, I realized mostly what they said to be correct. Rallies are good for exercising your 1A rights but they don't convince politicians to change their minds or sway them. Once they started mentioning other huge rallies from the past(war rallies, teachers unions, etc) and the nothing burger that resulted from it, then I pondered more about it. In medicine when there's a problem we place an intervention and then go back and measure efficacy. History has shown that rallies aren't very effient. I'm not trying to take on a defeatist attitude here. When a tool quits working we don't continue to try and use it hoping it just might next time. If you feel like going to rallies are good, then by all means go. If joe blow in the senate won't listen to you when call and email him then he sure isn't gonna give you a reach around when you stand in front of his office holding a sign. These asshats get my blood boiling. But I remain humble and meek. If/when the time comes, if I have to march around with a slung rifle, it'll be for other reasons than showing face. I'll be running with guys like TT

I have to counter that with what I've heard from legislators and what was said at the rally - and what we need to do with photos & speeches from the rally. Which is that we need to do it all - not 1 of us all the time - but most of us. Several legislators have stated quite clearly that just sending letters and calling are NOT getting the job done. - and just sending form letters doesn't mean much either. so what then? What do we do to effect change.

We need to use the soap box - the "mail box" and its electronic counter parts (email and phone) aren't doing the job ...
    next is the soap box. - that's what we just did. ... the speeches can be shared - our all apply - word can be spread - (well soon can be shared)

we need to do it in smaller venues - to our neighbors, co-workers, bosses, families, kids, parents - the stranger in line next to you.
    the guy that sees you OC your EDC and asks what it is - or is that legal (WITHOUT starting out like a butt head on him or smart-a$$)

we need to write the letters to the editor or respond to them - in 5 years of this I still see the same names throughout social media. I am just starting to see an influx of some new names on our side that respond with fact to posts from the other side. - when I started I broke a pattern with someone who didn't get the "assault hammer" joke (they weren't a gun owner) - and explained what was meant and kept them for a while at least, perhaps, from going full demanding mom immediately.

Offer to take people to the range - get out side the echo chamber of gun owning toting friends. (I invited both reporters I talked with)

what's next after that - Ballot Box? - throw your hat in the ring for an election - help with a campaign - find that guy - work to shape that guy. make sure people understand why "that guy" is the right one. Don't be afraid to talk or to learn to talk politics (ahhhhhhhhhhhhh).

I don't want to be on the wrong side of the jury box - I'll sit in on one though - and we use this but it is always costly; though not as much as the
    ammo box.

Here's the thing RALLY's SHOULD WORK - if we back them up with the rest of the boxes.
    Our founders recognized that we need to be involved in our own government. They set it up that way.
    They Set up Protections so we CAN do that without having to got to the extreme of the AMMO box. Or even the Jury Box often.

They set up a system so that a people who were involved - and jealously protected their freedoms - could stand up and publicly address their legislators and elected leadership - and say what they needed to. They expected that the issues would be reported accurately - and if not people would correct that - by being involved. They set up a system that only requires that you get out and participate; we even tried to do so on a weekend - they didn't have those days off necessarily - that's a modern society thing.

Why did they do this - because they wanted to protect us, their posterity, from the greater hardships. ... On Tuesday night - until a Thursday Sunrise - they went from 2 guys carrying news of a raid to steal the property of the colonists - to being shot it a line as they lowered their weapons and did NOTHING to withstand their own government. By Thursday morning - they had a population of patriots equal to that of the city they had under siege: Boston. 15,000 risking getting shot.

I know some can't and some the point is lost on or they've feel pushed to far back from prior failures - if you can't practice standing on a line - on a side walk - peacefully - when we have the opportunity to - and to look to address the solutions legislatively - when the solution doesn't involve risking your life, ... many are left wondering the resolve for that later line in the sand. ... its not a fudd-butterson thing ... its more like attrition.

but we each have to keep keeping on. ... are rallies for everyone? no. perhaps not ... but like being a fudd butterson - don't discourage is all I'm saying.

(dang it got distracted) ... I went searching for what all legislation has been passed the last few year in Indiana - its been hit or miss. but some of the better ones - were earlier - when we had rallies - even smaller one's - IMAGC caught the ears of a few. - Y? partly because of our rallies.

A guy running for US IN-7 (R), Donald Eason Jr (www.donaldeasonjr.com) - probably / possibly against Andre Carson ... was at the rally and gave me a few cards at the end - I think he was listening. He had just found out about it but sought me out. ...

and again - anyone can do this stuff - step up - find a need - meet it ... I could use help ... (not directed at NyleRN, but for all). ... .... (more distractions) ...

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Letters and calls arent working because our politicians are in it for the wrong reasons. To themselves they are awesome giants of history. To the people they are tyrants. Because, they are actually tyrants.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    You are running against Bosma? If so I need your info, and I’ll do whatever I can to help you get elected!

You? If so I'll help you any way I can behind the scenes. I have references in high places :)

I thought about it - but it'd be a long shot and have to be 3rd party run this year if I would ... I get to coach grandsons baseball ... one last year and we're not in a spot where I should - but 2020 is being looked considered as an option. I hinted at this several times before I thought ... ... Its not like I'm advising others to do something I wouldn't consider ...

enough of that talk - I have too much to do so as it is ...

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Dunno, I kinda agree with TT, why make a 2nd Amendment stand with unloaded weapons? Why dress like Colonel Cletus and wear a condom on your rifle, so you’re protected when someone shoves it up your backside? I don’t want to be associated with Colonel Cletus, or any of that type. The lefties aren’t bashful about rallies and protests, why should we be? Reminds me of the INGO walk of a few years back where you were to be asked for your papers before being allowed to attend? That was ok back then, but let a cop ask you for your Larry, and there’s a 40page butthirt thread on INGO about “Mah Rieeets”?

Yes my AR was unloaded but I did have a loaded Colt magazine in each back pocket besides the loaded side arm with 2 extra magazines and a .32 in the small of my back for giggles. So empty rifle yes, not prepared to defend myself and those around me ? Nope !
    And when I left my house there was a 90% chance of rain. The U.S military has used the Long Island White Fish to cover the muzzles of rifles since the 40's and it maybe not my style for daily use (I used a modern muzzle cap) it is a long held method that worked then and still works now.

Top Bottom