• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It's not certain that this murder was politically motivated, but it appears to be the only current lead.

'He's like a Milwaukee character': Bernell Trammell, 60, was shot and killed on Thursday afternoon outside his office in Riverwest

Reggie Moore, director of Milwaukee's Office of Violence Prevention, said he recently intervened in a dispute between Trammell and a young man. Moore thought the incident was related to a Trump sign that Trammell was carrying.

"He's a Black elder who didn't deserve to die the way that he did," Moore said.

He added that the way Trammell was killed, "in front of his home and in front of his shop in broad daylight, is extremely troubling."

Andrew Hitt, chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin, called for federal prosecutors to investigate the "senseless" killing of Trammell.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...lled-thursday-afternoon-milwaukee/5498556002/

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    [FONT=&amp]17[/FONT] Then he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. Then he said, “Take this and share it among yourselves.
    [FONT=&amp]18[/FONT] For I will not drink wine again until the Kingdom of God has come.”
    Luke 22:17-18 (NLT)

Paul is the one who told Timothy to drink wine for his stomach.

I am not saying Jesus didn't drink wine, I am saying he didn't at the last supper...

Are you familiar with a Passover Seder? That passage involves the fourth cup of the Seder - Elija's cup, the one that symbolizes the Messiah. He didn't need to drink from the cup, because he was the cup from which they drank - as he said with his own words.

There is no reason, from that passage, to believe that Jesus did not participate in the first three cups of the Seder.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The moment a "peaceful protester" intentionally and (likely) permanently blinded a federal agent.

uCavgy4.jpg

Federal agents likely permanently blinded by Portland protesters’ lasers

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    [video=youtube;t763lH8czmU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t763lH8czmU[/video]
    Joe Biden: That man wasn't black.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Are you familiar with a Passover Seder? That passage involves the fourth cup of the Seder - Elija's cup, the one that symbolizes the Messiah. He didn't need to drink from the cup, because he was the cup from which they drank - as he said with his own words.

There is no reason, from that passage, to believe that Jesus did not participate in the first three cups of the Seder.

[FONT=&amp]14[/FONT] When the time came, Jesus and the apostles sat down together at the table.
    [FONT=&amp]15[/FONT] Jesus said, “I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you before my suffering begins.
    [FONT=&amp]16[/FONT] For I tell you now that I won’t eat this meal again until its meaning is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God.”
    [FONT=&amp]17[/FONT] Then he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. Then he said, “Take this and share it among yourselves.
    [FONT=&amp]18[/FONT] For I will not drink wine again until the Kingdom of God has come.”
    [FONT=&amp]19[/FONT] He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.”
    [FONT=&amp]20[/FONT] After supper he took another cup of wine and said, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you.
    Luke 22:14-20 (NLT)

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It is so, so, very 2020 that in a thread titled "politically motivated violence" I am reading a discussion about Jesus drinking wine.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    NBC News is trying to unseat CNN as best BS network.
    Coverage of shootings at multiple protests this weekend.
    Fails to mention that NFAC had a ND, no one was shooting at them. NBC leaves the impression that shots were fired in anger.
    Fails to mention that the BLM demonstrator in Austin, TX fired an AK at a car. Says a passing car shot him, leaving the impression that the shots were unprovoked.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    [FONT=&amp]14[/FONT] When the time came, Jesus and the apostles sat down together at the table.
    [FONT=&amp]15[/FONT] Jesus said, “I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you before my suffering begins.
    [FONT=&amp]16[/FONT] For I tell you now that I won’t eat this meal again until its meaning is fulfilled in the Kingdom of God.”
    [FONT=&amp]19[/FONT] He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this to remember me.”
    [FONT=&amp]20[/FONT] After supper he took another cup of wine and said, “This cup is the new covenant between God and his people—an agreement confirmed with my blood, which is poured out as a sacrifice for you.
    Luke 22:14-20 (NLT)

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. The Scriptures describe in detail the fourth cup of the Passover Seder. The omission of description of any other part of the Passover Seder doesn't change anything. Are you claiming that the Last Supper was a meal that involved only a single cup of wine? That it wasn't a Passover Seder?

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Luke is the only Gospel that even mentions more than one cup.

The Jews are even in conflict over the meaning of the 3 or 4 cups of the Seder.

By Luke's description Theologians have been fighting for years over whether it describes the 3rd and 4th cup or the fourth cup and possibly a fifth cup.

What we do know is there would be two cups, maybe more, that he did not drink from at the last supper for when he states in verse 18 he "will not drink wine again..." and then to drink wine in verse 20 it kind of ruins the point.

One would now ask what is it he is trying to teach us from his actions and statement in this passage. Up to now his teaching is in what he says or does not in what he didn't.

I admire your confidence in your understanding of something that has Theologians debating for 2 thousand years. That being said, can you refer me to the description in detail of the fourth cup of the Seder meal?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Luke is the only Gospel that even mentions more than one cup.

The Jews are even in conflict over the meaning of the 3 or 4 cups of the Seder.

By Luke's description Theologians have been fighting for years over whether it describes the 3rd and 4th cup or the fourth cup and possibly a fifth cup.

What we do know is there would be two cups, maybe more, that he did not drink from at the last supper for when he states in verse 18 he "will not drink wine again..." and then to drink wine in verse 20 it kind of ruins the point.

One would now ask what is it he is trying to teach us from his actions and statement in this passage. Up to now his teaching is in what he says or does not in what he didn't.

I admire your confidence in your understanding of something that has Theologians debating for 2 thousand years. That being said, can you refer me to the description in detail of the fourth cup of the Seder meal?

(Last comment, so as not to derail the thread further.)

As I understand it, the fourth cup is traditionally empty - the messiah who is to come but who has not yet come. It is entirely plausible that verse 18 is the third cup and verse 20 is the fourth cup. The only things that I'm stating confidence in (I think; correct me if I've said otherwise) are 1) that there is no Biblical evidence that Jesus did abstained entirely from alcohol, and 2) that the Last Supper was a Passover Seder, which included the four cups. I don't see any reason to assert that, of all four cups of the Seder, the Bible is explicit that Jesus partook of none of them; I don't know that whether he did or didn't changes anything materially.

Top Bottom