Gtown-ish

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just putting this here in case it comes to violence.

https://www.wlky.com/article/what-w...as-plans-in-louisville-this-weekend/33391877#

So the mostly white militia group 3 percenters is putting “boots on the ground” to counter the black militia group, who announced that they’d be coming to Louisville this weekend. Hopefully cooler heads prevail and no one flinches. It has the potential to get violent.

You gotta wonder when all this, "No justice, No peace!" and countering "We need to fight back!" is going to cause bloodshed.

Needless to say, I'll be sitting in Vanilla Village with a cocktail in my hand.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Today its Jesus, cause in 1946 he was painted and portrayed to people as a gentleman with Caucasian features, instead of looking like an ISIS terrorist with middle eastern features.

I'm late to this discussion....

Jesus was a Nazirite

Nazirite beliefs:

Abstain from all alcohols derived from grapes.
    Refrain from cutting the hair on one's head;
    Avoid corpses and graves, even those of family members, and any structure which contains such.

Not to be sacrilegious when I say this or to offend Christians. Jesus probably looked like an Arabic hippie.
    I believe in Christianity the biblical teachings not the modern interpretation of most people.
    That said I would probably see the Christ and think he was a druggie or maybe some longhaired hippy. I admit I would be bias against him. That's sad on my part. I need to improve in that area. Give people the benefit of the doubt, unless they are acting Iike tweakers....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm late to this discussion....

Jesus was a Nazirite

Nazirite beliefs:

Abstain from all alcohols derived from grapes.
    Refrain from cutting the hair on one's head;
    Avoid corpses and graves, even those of family members, and any structure which contains such.

Not to be sacrilegious when I say this or to offend Christians. Jesus probably looked like an Arabic hippie.
    I believe in Christianity the biblical teachings not the modern interpretation of most people.
    That said I would probably see the Christ and think he was a druggie or maybe some longhaired hippy. I admit I would be bias against him. That's sad on my part. I need to improve in that area. Give people the benefit of the doubt, unless they are acting Iike tweakers....

Why would the truth offend me?

The comment you responded to was far more offensive to the Gospel.

EDIT: Just realized that's a response (from Dadsmith) to a post (from Steelcore) four weeks ago, and I was just as offended then.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Just putting this here in case it comes to violence.

https://www.wlky.com/article/what-w...as-plans-in-louisville-this-weekend/33391877#

So the mostly white militia group 3 percenters is putting “boots on the ground” to counter the black militia group, who announced that they’d be coming to Louisville this weekend. Hopefully cooler heads prevail and no one flinches. It has the potential to get violent.

Grand Master Jay said:
    Grand Master Jay made it clear that the group is a militia, not a mob, and what they are doing is a formation, not a demonstration.

Presser v. Illinois redux?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Jesus was a Nazareen, from the city of Nazareth, not a nazarite.

There is a difference.

He actually looked more like a Hasidic Jew.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Oh, please.
    I don't care a fig what Jesus or anybody else looks like; I care about what they say and what they do.
    I think most people feel the same.
    Most were not opposed to Obama because he was Black; they didn't like his policies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

There is a difference.

If he wasn't a Nazirite then he probably didn't have long hair at all. I got to studying this and he did drink wine and he touched dead bodies. That right there would have done away with his Nazirite vows. So the picture of the Christ is possibly not only wrong on skin color but hair length as well.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I know, I know, it is INGO.

But how the heck did this rabbit trail get started.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was not worried about his color, my worry was that as a relatively unknown he was going to lose the 2008 election and the stuff that is going on right now would happen.

Good thing he was elected it held off this garbage for 11 years.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

There is a difference.

Yeah, I was scratching my head there. Jesus was from Nazareth, making him a Nazarene; I don't believe he was a Nazarite (though it is possible that he made temporary Nazarite vows). There are many instances of acts that would have implicitly, and even explicitly, violated the vows. He turned water into wine. He drank of the Passover cup at the Last Supper. He approached (Lazarus) and even touched (miracle healings) dead bodies.

His cousin, John the Baptist, was a life-long Nazarite, dedicated to Nazarite vows at birth.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You mean we judged him by the content of his character and not the color of his skin?

I did, and I think most people did. Previously, Republicans had floated Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice as possible Presidential candidates.

It seems incredibly stupid to me to say America is a racist country when a Black man was elected President, twice.
    It's like saying rivers, lush vegetation, and fish prove the land is a desert.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Ah, he didn't drink wine at the last supper...

The only people I know who assert that view are those who believe that the Bible teaches that consuming any alcohol is a sin. If you fall into that camp, I won't try to dissuade you, as doing so would run afoul of Paul's teaching about allowing my freedom of conscience to cause another brother to stumble and violate his conscience.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I did, and I think most people did. Previously, Republicans had floated Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice as possible Presidential candidates.

It seems incredibly stupid to me to say America is a racist country when a Black man was elected President, twice.
    It's like saying rivers, lush vegetation, and fish prove the land is a desert.

How I wish that we could have convinced Condi to run in 2008.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The only people I know who assert that view are those who believe that the Bible teaches that consuming any alcohol is a sin. If you fall into that camp, I won't try to dissuade you, as doing so would run afoul of Paul's teaching about allowing my freedom of conscience to cause another brother to stumble and violate his conscience.

[FONT=&amp]17[/FONT] Then he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. Then he said, “Take this and share it among yourselves.
    [FONT=&amp]18[/FONT] For I will not drink wine again until the Kingdom of God has come.”
    Luke 22:17-18 (NLT)

Paul is the one who told Timothy to drink wine for his stomach.

I am not saying Jesus didn't drink wine, I am saying he didn't at the last supper...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom