Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Not anymore. IE is dead.

Which is a nightmare for my company. Our techs service REALLY old devices that REQUIRE IE to connect. We now have to send them out into the field with dedicated XP or 7 laptops JUST for those devices.
    My company has some niche stuff on our VPN sandbox whatever that requires IE. Annoying.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My company has some niche stuff on our VPN sandbox whatever that requires IE. Annoying.
    I tried suggesting that we try to sell the customers new equipment. (even though it works fine) Apparently all of our competition is doing the same. Some even strong arming saying they HAVE to buy new gear or they wont support it. (Even though its not EOL and works fine)
    Because of this a LOT of customers gladly pay us a premium to travel to fix the antiquated gear. Hell, One of our guys drove 4 hours each way from Ft Wayne to Central IL to program the device because nobody in their market would. We didnt have anyone at the Merrillville location so the next closest was The Fort. The customer happily paid 1/2 rate travel plus on site work.
    So its not all bad for us.

/Threadjack

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm sure we've all heard the saying that we, as individuals, are put here for a purpose, and we all have a number in a line.

Does anyone know their purpose?

Have they achieved their purpose, or even know if it's been achieved?

Do we get a sense of accomplishment when we achieve our purpose, or
    is that just when our number is called?

Are we destined for just a single deed, and everything else is by-product?
    The answers to these questions depend on your worldview. If you’re religious you’ll likely have one answer. If not you might have another.

Im not religious and I don’t believe in destiny.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    You never know how you influence people, one simple gesture could brighten someone’s day, or change them for the rest of their lives, I don’t have a clue what my purpose is, I suppose to live life one day at a time, and seize opportunities that come my way.
    If you have kids your purpose for them is to teach them to be contributing members of society, but that purpose only lasts so long, so your purpose in life is ever evolving. I don’t believe we are put on this earth with one single purpose, your purpose changes for every situation. Live a good life, do the best you can to be a positive influence on others, teach your kids well, and at the end we will be told, well done, good and faithful servant.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    i don't think we're born with a purpose. you create your own.

be open minded, consider new things, explore interests, & develop a passion(s). then you'll know your purpose.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Still haven’t figured out if I’ve served my purpose just yet, but I think God put me in a place where I can make it happen.

I moved to Indiana from Boston 4 months before COVID hit and I’m happy to say that I don’t see any need to ever live in the northeast again.

You Hoosiers and Midwest folks in general are salt of the earth types and I’d stand and fight with any of you to protect this place.

I guess I’m the end, all we can do is just hope we read the tea leaves right and did what we were supposed to?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My purpose and the purpose of all of creation is to reflect the glory of God, our creator. I don't do that perfectly, and as a matter of fact I sometimes fail horribly. But I strive to be better, every day becoming more like Him. I teach my kids what it means to be a disciple of Jesus, teaching them the value of patience, honesty, love, and self-control. When I succeed in this, I praise God for for the opportunity to advance His kingdom. When I fail, I ask for strength to do better the next day. When I one day leave this earth, I hope that my legacy is the foundation of Faith that I left for those behind me.

Top Bottom