• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ImGumbyD@mIt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Lafayette Area
    I tried a couple sites and never had any luck. Seems as if everyone I was interested in was waiting for Brad Pitt or Bono to call em up. The few that were interested in me were looking for a daddy to their 5 kids. I gave up. I'm destined to die a lonely bitter old man surrounded by guns and my Corgi.... :oldwise:

Sounds like me except I have a cat not a Corgi...:laugh::laugh:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    That's nice but I absolutely don't care about your personal dating history. It's neither relevant nor interesting to me.

My point was for you to read that article by John Ross on Feminism as to one possible suggestion of WHY you haven't found Mr. Perfect. Not sure if it applies to your situation to the tee, but it is something all women should read, regardless of whether it applies. Men too, if they have sense among them.

But advice is like ammunition... everyone worth knowing has some, but it might not match yours.

OK, I only put that little bit of history because I was taking your comment to mean that I wasn't giving guys a chance unless they measured up in the way they look. Didn't really care if it was interesting or relevant to you.
    I read the article and it doesn't pertain to me AT all. I have NEVER put my "career" ahead of my family and it's not ahead of finding a decent guy now. I had my son at 20.....I stayed home with him for 3 years until my ex came off active duty and I HAD to help replace some of the income we lost there. I agree the article is a good one and something women (and men) should think about, however I wasn't looking for anyone who doesn't even know me to apparently assume that I am desperate to what, have a man now that I've realized I'm getting older? Forget that, I'll stay single forever if the right guy doesn't come along. I apologize if that's not what you're trying to say but that's the way it's kinda coming off to me right now.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    You sound like my brother.
    With the exception that he has three girlfriends...but prefers to live alone for the reasons (and more) that you stated.

Yeah, he's got one that only comes over to cook for him and do his laundry. One that he takes out dancing/movies/etc.
    And one just for...well...*ahem*.

And the weird part is that all three know about each other...and they're OK with it.
    :n00b:

I guess if it works for them, who am I to say anything? :dunno:

Anyhow, he met all of them in the old fashioned conventional way. Just chance encounters when their paths crossed (and one was the friend of a friend introduction).

So there's hope for ya! :D

Three??? :n00b: It can be interesting keeping up with one in all...**ahem*** aspects. :D:D:D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm 33 and married with no plans of ever getting divorced. But if I ever had to get back in the market, I think I'd go the online route. I'd put the whole list of my beliefs, wants, and desires in my profile (never been to an online dating site so I assume this is how you'd do it). I'd put it all out there. That way I wouldn't even have to waste dinner on the moonbat feminists. I'd never get legally married again. I have too much to lose for a woman to take me to the cleaners in divorce court.

As for what makes women attractive. Yes, physical appearance means a lot at first glance. I'd put every bit as much importance on body as I would face. If a girl is over 30 and still thin, chances are she will stay that way. If she's 20 and has a J-Lo butt now, she will only get big as a house later on in life. I probably wouldn't consider any women under the age of 35 and they couldn't have kids as I'm not dealing with someone elses problems.

As you can tell, It's not likely I will ever get hooked up again.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This ^.

But not for that ^ reason.
    I just don't think the government should be involved at ALL.

I agree as well. Government needs to butt out. I'm a one woman man. I've been married for 12 years and haven't cheated once and never will. But if something were to happen to my wife and I were on the market again, I would never get another marriage license. If I found the right woman, I might shack up but no license. Many would say it's because I don't want to commit. I would be committed to that relationship just as I am to my wife.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I agree as well. Government needs to butt out. I'm a one woman man. I've been married for 12 years and haven't cheated once and never will. But if something were to happen to my wife and I were on the market again, I would never get another marriage license. If I found the right woman, I might shack up but no license. Many would say it's because I don't want to commit. I would be committed to that relationship just as I am to my wife.

+1--The ex and I only got married when we did because the Army has this rule about not paying housing allowance to single E5's when there were a ton of empty barrack's rooms, so we got married to get the allowance. We were engaged and had planned on keeping it that way for a while but oh well. In a good relationship, a marriage certificate is a piece of paper, shouldn't make any difference in the relationship.....

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    Over the last 20+ yrs watching the dating /mating game evolve around me I have observed many interesting things, some people want to fall in love but do not know how to love /be loved . Others want the company of the opposite sex without the responsibility of a mature relationship.Some fall out of love faster than they fall in love.Some are in love with the idea of being in love .That being said ....Be your self be honest..go to places where good people go .. try the personal ads .. internet.. friend of a friend.ask people that know you well enough to be honest about your pluses and your minuses listen to what they say and act on it.and its ok if you dont click with the first 8 or 10 people you meet.Its not the destination but the journey..enjoy the experiences ...they add flavor to the dinner that is life. remember life is a sexully transmitted ,termanal disease.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    From what I've observed, the best way to attract a large number of potential suitors/mates/etc. is to be involved with someone else already, especially if they are perceived to be attractive by members of their own sex. For example, I went to a party with the then girlfriend back in 1995, and I was a lot more "popular" to specific people than I had been when I was a lone rhino. It almost got me a good thrashing because somehow it was my fault. Heh.

Since then I've noticed that many women (not all, obviously) sometimes assess a man's attractiveness by the attractiveness of the woman with whom they are seen. I figured it was one of those, "She's hot and she chose him, so he must have something going for him," but I could be wrong.

I have not observed men engaged in identical behavior. Men are more likely to use an attractive woman as a trophy, but his characteristics play no role in whether or not other men find her attractive.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a buddy who uses plentyoffish.com.

I don't think he's met Ms. Right, but he has met several Ms. Right Nows...:naughty:

So I guess it's all what your looking for. If I was in the market again, it would be all hookers for me. You have to pay for it one way or the other, at least this way you are just paying them to leave:D.:laugh:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    From what I've observed, the best way to attract a large number of potential suitors/mates/etc. is to be involved with someone else already, especially if they are perceived to be attractive by members of their own sex. For example, I went to a party with the then girlfriend back in 1995, and I was a lot more "popular" to specific people than I had been when I was a lone rhino. It almost got me a good thrashing because somehow it was my fault. Heh.

Since then I've noticed that many women (not all, obviously) sometimes assess a man's attractiveness by the attractiveness of the woman with whom they are seen. I figured it was one of those, "She's hot and she chose him, so he must have something going for him," but I could be wrong.

I have not observed men engaged in identical behavior. Men are more likely to use an attractive woman as a trophy, but his characteristics play no role in whether or not other men find her attractive.

Trophy wife FTW!

I have a buddy who uses plentyoffish.com.

I don't think he's met Ms. Right, but he has met several Ms. Right Nows...:naughty:

So I guess it's all what your looking for. If I was in the market again, it would be all hookers for me. You have to pay for it one way or the other, at least this way you are just paying them to leave:D.:laugh:

"Every man has to pay for sex. At least hookers tell you the price up front."

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If that means what it sounds like...sadly, I predict some Raltegravir in that gentleman's future.

Had to look that one up, eeoooowww!!!

Why is it that the one thing that you can do with somebody, by yourself, with accessories or without, that can be done for free or you can spend as much money as you want, has to have so many negative consequences?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Looks are important to a degree. I believe there has to be physical attraction. However I believe to have a deep relationship, you must go deeper. Relationships I have seen based Solly on looks, did not last. After the initial lust wears off, there is nothing to fall back on. Also you do not have to compromise your morals, and beliefs just to find someone. In a relationship there has to be compromise yes, but not who you are. If someone truly loves you, then they will love you for you. Personally I'm working on me right now, and trying to better myself by going back to school. When it's time I feel God will do his biding. I look back and see my marriage as a mistake. However it has made me stronger, and wiser.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Why is it that the one thing that you can do with somebody, by yourself, with accessories or without, that can be done for free or you can spend as much money as you want, has to have so many negative consequences?

It's probably the universe's way of saying...

choose-wisely1.jpg

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    I met my Girl Friend on Zoosk.

I went trough a few nut cases before her though. We messaged (email, text,talked on the phone, etc,,,) a few weeks before meeting. But finally had dinner on November 7 2009, had a nice dinner but she had to leave early due to a family member in the hospital, but we met up that Sunday again and went to Louisville and viewed the sights in the area and talked a bunch. We have been together ever since, and not one fight or argument to this date. We now live together and enjoy each others company as well as the kids we both brought in to the relationship.

Top Bottom