• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I met my fiancee on Facebook. We kept it platonic and hung out quite a bit, and the rest is history :D I think it worked so well because I was myself and really didn't care to date anyone. Funny how life works :D

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    On an off for several years, mostly the one on my yahoo mail site. Have never met anyone or seldom even get a hit...most of the "nice" girls post they want someone that makes 75,000 $$$ or more...are you kidding me!!!???? The only one I met was from eharmony...we wrote for over a year, an then went to meet her in CA...thats a long way for a date!!! She lived by Sequia National Park an we had a great time hiking. After several years we are still friends. I decided CA isn't the place for me, an she has kids....an just doesn't want to come out here....The good side is that she is a very good person, an gave me hope that there might be some good gals out there.....I just don't seem to be able to find them though!!! Ha...if there any here on INGO check out my home page for pics. an info. ...but I ain't holding my breathe.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I tried a couple sites and never had any luck. Seems as if everyone I was interested in was waiting for Brad Pitt or Bono to call em up. The few that were interested in me were looking for a daddy to their 5 kids. I gave up. I'm destined to die a lonely bitter old man surrounded by guns and my Corgi.... :oldwise:

Seems to have been my experience as well in the brief time i tried the online dating... minus the old people part.

OP, best advice i can give is just tell all of your friends that you are looking and available, and be open when they try and set you up on a date.... thats how i met one of my ex's which lasted until i went overseas for a year..... probably for the best since i am marrying my high school sweatheat next month.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not sure that would work. There's something like 8000 men and 20 women. And 18 of those women are married or "in a relationship." :):

Don't forget that all of the chicks are going to be fighting over me anyway, so the other 7999 dudes are pretty much out of luck.

Could be a good opportunity for the dames, though.

Heh.

Anyway, back in the late 80s and early 90s, I met a few women online that I dated, but none were through a dating service per se. I "met" them on discussion forums like the WeLL when I live in California. I met some really interesting people.

I've put a profile on a few places like yahoo! singles, catholicsingles, and gk2gk, but I've never attempted to contact anyone. In most cases, I didn't see many profiles that interested me, and among those that did, I clearly wasn't close to what they wanted.

A few years ago I did have one girl contact me through Yahoo! with whom I exchanged half a dozen messages or so. I had my profile set to whatever designation it was that said I wasn't looking for anything or anyone, so it seemed innocent enough. When she found out I was dating a real, live woman in real life she got a little ... upset. That's when I was really glad I never gave her my real name, address, number, or email. Whew!

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    No swingers club. But I must admit for once the women on here have the odds instead of the men. Although a lot of the men on here are taken too so the odds are not quite as quoted earlier.

Top Bottom