• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    OK Cupid's nice enough-- it's free & well-organized.

Hey-- why not add another section to INGO? ' )

[Just sayin' what everybody's thinkin'.]

I've said before I'd be down for this

Try a church singles group. Just an idea. I have dated a few times from online as well.:noway: I cant say I met all weirdos but I will just say they wernt my type. I also think timing is everything. Some are still buried or living in the past with a bad taste in their mouth. Stay away from those. They are takers and not givers. It really is hard to meet a good or nice guy or lady especially with no baggae sort of speak. The older one gets the harder it is too. If I had the good luck it takes I would be married by now also. All I can say is keep looking but dont settle for what you really dont want.

I work every Sunday so I haven't gone to church in a few years. I've met one who had a TERRIBLE taste in his mouth from his ex wife... He was actually doing very well other then EVERYTHING was his ex's fault...her this and her that...guys, THAT is NOT attractive...

Not sure that would work. There's something like 8000 men and 20 women. And 18 of those women are married or "in a relationship." :):

Works for me....like someone else pointed out, most of the guys seem to be either taken or wrong age group for me...still wouldn't mind giving it a shot, lol.....

Seems to have been my experience as well in the brief time i tried the online dating... minus the old people part.

OP, best advice i can give is just tell all of your friends that you are looking and available, and be open when they try and set you up on a date.... thats how i met one of my ex's which lasted until i went overseas for a year..... probably for the best since i am marrying my high school sweatheat next month.

trust me, EVERYONE I know at work and in my personal life (outside my son's martial arts school anyways) knows I'm single and looking...my ex-BIL and his wife tried to set me up with a firefighter/EMT my BIL works with, no go on his part (no $/time for dating)...

I've been on a few..

One, I ended up marrying, she went back to her ex while I was on active duty, spent all my hard earned money putting me a few grand in the hole.. all in all I waisted 7 years of my life with her and we just recently divorced. :noway:

Another woman wanted me to be the father of her two sons and wanted to move in with me 20 minutes after we met... We didn't even get our appetizer yet! :noway:

And the last one turned out to be a stalker calling me at all hours of the night. :noway:

The funny thing is I'm still trying :D

Yep, me too, exactly.......I hold out hope that somewhere there's someone out there for me, I just have to find him...:rockwoot:and online dating might help

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My wife and I met in an AOL West Virginia chatroom. Took me a while to convince her to meet me. First date was truly, epically, bad. Horrifying bad. Disastrous. I never have figured out why she met me again, considering she had plenty of prospects. But she did, and July makes 12 years.

Think I've told the tragic story of our first date on here before. Just... bad LOL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    To quote John Ross:

Feminism

Ladies, no offense, but when the looks are gone, for most men, the only thing you have going for you is your ability to bear him offspring. And if you can't do that, no amount of personal wealth or power or prestige is going to make you any more attractive to him.

That said, I'm sure you all are still quite in your vivacious prime-of-life, hm.

Joie de vivre and all that.... :ingo:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    My wife and I met in an AOL West Virginia chatroom. Took me a while to convince her to meet me. First date was truly, epically, bad. Horrifying bad. Disastrous. I never have figured out why she met me again, considering she had plenty of prospects. But she did, and July makes 12 years.

Think I've told the tragic story of our first date on here before. Just... bad LOL

The first time I met my fiancee it was pretty bad too. I'm normally a quiet reserved person, but when I saw her I couldn't stop talking. It was like diarrhea of the mouth. :D It was so bad that I melted ice cream all over my hand and arm several times. For whatever reason she agreed to see me again :laugh:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    ;)
    To quote John Ross:

Feminism

Ladies, no offense, but when the looks are gone, for most men, the only thing you have going for you is your ability to bear him offspring. And if you can't do that, no amount of personal wealth or power or prestige is going to make you any more attractive to him.

That said, I'm sure you all are still quite in your vivacious prime-of-life, hm.

Joie de vivre and all that.... :ingo:

I agree, looks aren't everything, but I wouldn't mind someone I can stand to look at. Or if I can't even imagine holding hands, much less making out, why bother? I'm 29, I'm not dead, lol ;)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    People always said I was too picky and that if I stopped looking. Ok... I've lowered my standards and quit looking. STILL NUTHIN! DOH............ ;(

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Nothing wrong with being picky. One should be picky especially in this day and time. I also agree physical attraction is a must as well. Visual at first makes a person want to get to know the other person. We all know it starts out visual with men and with most women as well. But there is more to a person than looks. I have met a lot of handsome men with ugly personalities. I am sure you men have to. My question is would you men rather have a pretty face with a not quite so hot body or a hot body with a ugly face?? I really would like to know the answer to that? Please let me know.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I relied on the old fashioned tried and true method. . . . I jokingly told a female co-worker one day that she needed to find me a good woman. She asked me for specifications so I spouted out something thinking ha ha! Later she started quizzing my about various things, turns out she had somebody in mind but didn't think I was interested since I had recently divorced. Short story, it worked out great! We have so much in common and have so much fun together we joke about how it probably would be a bad idea to get a DNA test done!:laugh::laugh:

Glock19Dude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The first time I tried one I met a chick and we were together for 8 months. Long story short...she was a sinking ship and I bailed out because her failure in life started to take it's toll on me. I know it may sound bad but if you knew the full story it was the right thing to do. I'm looking for 28-33yr old women and the one's I've met off the internet either have no jobs or still live with mom and dad. I've managed to find the losers in my town. lol My bro has done well with it and so have a few of my friends, so I still have faith. :D

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    Met my wife on E-harmony nearly three years ago, married for almost two now. She's a keeper. Online dating does work however, there is a lot of bad experiences you have to go through to find the right one just like doing the bars and friends of friends....

Scott

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Patriot....been divorced since 1997.....People an friends an family told me that for 5 years....I've been least expecting it for over 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! I prefer to think of it as ...if I can't find the right one this time, then no one is better. Life is good....an I can buy a gun an don't have to hide it....ha.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    when i met my wife, i realy wasnt looking at all. but shiznit happens.

now when i say i wasnt looking, that doesnt mean i was dead to the world. if you dont go to places where the women are then they arent just gonna magicly apear in your man cave...... or at least not the ones who you DONT have to pay. lol

get out in the world!!! also open your horrizons!!! i always liked the freak girls with the dyed hair and punk style, but my wife is NOTHING EVEN CLOSE TO THAT!!!! so basicly what im saying is dont be afraid to open your expectations and choose something different than you thought you liked.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My question is would you men rather have a pretty face with a not quite so hot body or a hot body with a ugly face?? I really would like to know the answer to that? Please let me know.

Face is #1 in terms of physical attraction to me, especially if you're talking about the possibility of an actual relationship.

Men also do not have the same standards for bodies that most women believe most of us have. What most women seem to think "we" like is generally too skinny for many of us.

In general, though, (and if I had a Man Card I'd lose it for saying this), I usually notice whatever is attractive about the individual. I've met very few women who were repulsive overall, and in almost every case it was more about their personality.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So I'm just curious how many INGOer's are on online dating websites? having any luck or more horror stories? I get mostly horror stories..though I did meet a fellow INGOer on one...lol.......

My hubby and I met thru the newspaper. Online dating didn't exist back then. I lived in a small town where everyone knew everyone else, so I thought I'd put an add in the Ft.Wayne Newspaper. He answered, and 14 years later we're still going strong! :wow:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    My hubby and I met thru the newspaper. Online dating didn't exist back then. I lived in a small town where everyone knew everyone else, so I thought I'd put an add in the Ft.Wayne Newspaper. He answered, and 14 years later we're still going strong! :wow:

Yes you are and very quite nicely I might add. Or so it seemed at the show. Very nice to meet you both btw.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Met my DH online. Started as a dare from some friends in college to "make contact" with someone on Yahoo personals. I'm no fool, so I picked guys that I thought I could at least be friends with. 12 years (nearly 8 married) and 2 kids later, here we are.

Vastian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    My question is would you men rather have a pretty face with a not quite so hot body or a hot body with a ugly face?? I really would like to know the answer to that? Please let me know.

Pretty face.

I'll have to agree with rhino in that the media/society has stereotyped 'beauty' that doesn't work for everyone. I think most models/actresses have beautiful faces but are physically unattractive to me because they look sickly thin.

Top Bottom