• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    My question is would you men rather have a pretty face with a not quite so hot body or a hot body with a ugly face?? I really would like to know the answer to that? Please let me know.

Well I would prefer a pretty face and a hot body! :D:D But pretty and hot are different to everyone so what one person thinks is pretty or hot the next one may say "Yawn" I believe for me it would be a face that I was attracted to.

It seems like if two people from INGO went on a date there shouldn't be any of those awkward pauses. If the conversation starts to lag you just say "Hey did you see that thread about on-line dating...LOL

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    My wife and I met in an AOL West Virginia chatroom. Took me a while to convince her to meet me. First date was truly, epically, bad. Horrifying bad. Disastrous. I never have figured out why she met me again, considering she had plenty of prospects. But she did, and July makes 12 years.

Think I've told the tragic story of our first date on here before. Just... bad LOL

The prospects of reading this were too great for me to pass up, so I went and tracked it down.

Joe, I hope you don't mind me quoting your story over to here!

There's a story there. I was working at a screen printing shop during the day, and at a horse stable nights and weekends to support my horse and my riding lessons. Met her (my wife, not the horse) in a West Virginia chatroom on AOL. She was actively husband hunting, and thought online was a safer and more effective way to meet men than in bars, since she could get to know folks to a certain extent before meeting them in person. I chatted her up for a while, but she literally had a date for every night of the week, with a few spares. I couldn't get a foot in the door! She used my schedule as an excuse for a while, but did eventually manage to get her phone number so we could talk.

Finally managed to wrangle a Thursday night date out of her, which was an epic failure. Working in the screen printing shop was sweaty and messy, and shoveling crap at the stables was obviously hard on clothes. I simply didn't have anything to wear, so I got off work to go buy some for my date, and for the first time my car (a classic '72 Ford LTD, with a big 400 something engine, no exhaust gasket, mustard yellow paint job and ragged out vinyl top) wouldn't start. Ran into work, called her and set a later time. Got the car started, bought some clothes, darn thing wouldn't' start again. Got it started, got home, called her and set a still later time, showered, changed into my brand new Dollar Store (I'm not kidding, it was the only place close enough for me to have time to stop at) date clothes, ran out the door, guess what? Car wouldn't start. Fixed it, left it running, ran in and called her. Her bosses (she was a live in nanny at the time) told me she'd left quite some time ago.... uh oh. Finally managed to pull up to the restaurant, just in time to see the employees walking out, and a woman that looked an awful lot like Cathy's picture slumping out with them. Best thing I could think of was to pull up to her in my rather noisy car, give her my biggest grin, and say "Hi, Cathy!!" She looked my car up and down, looked at me with a look of sheer disgust, and says "Joe?" There is simply no way via computer to adequately communicate the disgust/disappointment/near hatred contained in that one word. I talked her into going to Bob Evans to try to salvage something of the evening, they were closed. Talked her into going to a Shoney's, which thankfully wasn't closed. We spent an hour or two drinking coffee, I thought she was awfully nice to stick around and chat with me, but figured she'd never want to see me again.

For whatever reason, and I've NEVER figured out why, she granted me another Thursday night. Eventually, I managed to edge out a couple of her other boyfriends for more nights of the week, and finally screwed up my courage enough to tell her I wanted to be serious with her, but if she wanted to keep dating other people that was fine, too, but I didn't want to be part of that anymore. Voila, the other boyfriends were gone, and the rest is history.

However, she refused to go anywhere in my car. Wouldn't even sit in it. I had to sell my classic, and buy a soulless Taurus to keep dating her. Much more sadly, I also had to sell my horse. I did not, in fact, have time for both horses and women. Did make a $1200 profit on him, though. Took a thrush ridden, scared silly horse and turned him into a healthy TN Walking Horse that was a sheer joy to trail ride.

There... more than you ever wanted to know about how I made time for wimmin :D

rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    Just a comment. face, body, build.They can change over time,care neglect use and abuse. That being said the person inside is what matters .Many physicaly attractive women are ugly inside venom spewing selfish shrews that need a real personality implants not breast implants......and men/boys need to learn that ladies are not 2 legged sperm recepticals

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My question is would you men rather have a pretty face with a not quite so hot body or a hot body with a ugly face?? I really would like to know the answer to that? Please let me know.

Both are trivial. What really matters is does she like to shoot ? As a added bonus, does she like to reload ? :D

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    "What we have here... is failure to communicate."

I don't think it's a failure to communicate...I got it, looks aren't everything... however how important they are should be up to the person. I do place some value on looks, not as much value as other attributes. I talked to a HOTTTTT guy, he was crazy, guess what, I cut him loose, haven't looked back. I don't feel it's bad to want to be physically attracted to someone who you intend to be "more" then a friend. Last guy I talked to was 6'4" and going on 250-275, so I can honestly say that I'll give a decent guy a chance....it's on them to not blow it, lol....

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Met my wife on E-harmony nearly three years ago, married for almost two now. She's a keeper. Online dating does work however, there is a lot of bad experiences you have to go through to find the right one just like doing the bars and friends of friends....

Scott

I totally agree, I met my ex-husband online back in 2000...... but my life was different then, I had more free time to date and to meet someone in.... I can't date anyone at my store (or really anyone who works for the company), I don't drink so going to the club/bar is pretty much out, I don't have any real friends outside of work here in Indy so it's difficult to meet someone but I don't want to sit here and not be able to say I'm not trying.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Just a comment. face, body, build.They can change over time,care neglect use and abuse. That being said the person inside is what matters .Many physicaly attractive women are ugly inside venom spewing selfish shrews that need a real personality implants not breast implants......and men/boys need to learn that ladies are not 2 legged sperm recepticals

+1

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    I'm on a couple. No luck yet. I'm kinda picky. I can't stand the people who "type lyk dis an use numbers 4 letters." I'm not going to change myself for any woman and I guess some of them don't like that.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    I'm on a couple. No luck yet. I'm kinda picky. I can't stand the people who "type lyk dis an use numbers 4 letters." I'm not going to change myself for any woman and I guess some of them don't like that.
    women get married thinking they can change a man, men get married thinking their girl will never change. neither of which are true.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I don't think it's a failure to communicate...I got it, looks aren't everything... however how important they are should be up to the person. I do place some value on looks, not as much value as other attributes. I talked to a HOTTTTT guy, he was crazy, guess what, I cut him loose, haven't looked back. I don't feel it's bad to want to be physically attracted to someone who you intend to be "more" then a friend. Last guy I talked to was 6'4" and going on 250-275, so I can honestly say that I'll give a decent guy a chance....it's on them to not blow it, lol....

That's nice but I absolutely don't care about your personal dating history. It's neither relevant nor interesting to me.

My point was for you to read that article by John Ross on Feminism as to one possible suggestion of WHY you haven't found Mr. Perfect. Not sure if it applies to your situation to the tee, but it is something all women should read, regardless of whether it applies. Men too, if they have sense among them.

But advice is like ammunition... everyone worth knowing has some, but it might not match yours.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So going about my daily life and waiting for Ms. Right to just knock on my front door isn't a good option?

Oh well, at least the yard's getting taken care of, the house will be getting painted, and my keys are always where I left them!

My biggest fear is that I really do like living by myself. If something isn't picked up, put in it's place, or cleaned, then I have no one to blame but myself, and no one to tell me about it, repeatedly!

I realize there's nothing like having a SO, but it's gonna take someone to absolutely knock me off my feet before I waste any more time, effort, and money on pursuing false happiness again.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So going about my daily life and waiting for Ms. Right to just knock on my front door isn't a good option?

Oh well, at least the yard's getting taken care of, the house will be getting painted, and my keys are always where I left them!

My biggest fear is that I really do like living by myself. If something isn't picked up, put in it's place, or cleaned, then I have no one to blame but myself, and no one to tell me about it, repeatedly!

I realize there's nothing like having a SO, but it's gonna take someone to absolutely knock me off my feet before I waste any more time, effort, and money on pursuing false happiness again.
    You sound like my brother.
    With the exception that he has three girlfriends...but prefers to live alone for the reasons (and more) that you stated.

Yeah, he's got one that only comes over to cook for him and do his laundry. One that he takes out dancing/movies/etc.
    And one just for...well...*ahem*.

And the weird part is that all three know about each other...and they're OK with it.
    :n00b:

I guess if it works for them, who am I to say anything? :dunno:

Anyhow, he met all of them in the old fashioned conventional way. Just chance encounters when their paths crossed (and one was the friend of a friend introduction).

So there's hope for ya! :D

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That sounds like a fine plan, assuming you want to marry a Jehovah's Witness! :D

Now that's funny!

You sound like my brother.
    He met all of them the old fashioned conventional way. Just chance encounters when their paths crossed (and one was the friend of a friend introduction).

So there's hope for ya! :D

Many things have happened throughout the years that prevented me from getting married and having kids of my own. Honestly, I find myself at the point where all the good ones seem to be taken. Then again, I don't meet too many new people in my travels either. I'm not a fan of crowds, public places, the night clubs/bar scene, or approaching someone that I don't already know or whom I am introduced. I'm too old for the games of youth, and I'm too young to retire and grow old. I've dated a few women that were divorced and had kids, but I'm done with that idea too, as it's never fair on the kids involved when things don't work out. Oh, how grand is mid-life! But I'm not complaining, I'm very content in my situation. :D

I guess I'm just too independent. I love the freedoms that being single provides, and I especially like having a blank calendar. No PTA meetings, no athletic activities to attend (that aren't my own), and no sleep overs on the weekends. If I wake up and want to play golf, then I go play golf. If I want to sleep in, then I sleep in. I can do all of my laundry in one day, and I don't have to clean long hair out of the shower drain! Someday that may all change, but I don't see it happening until I'm just hanging out in the wooden rockers in front of Cracker Barrel playing checkers with passers by!

Top Bottom