4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My F150's fuel rail sprung an irreparable leak, so I thought I'd get some ideas here... :drama:

I refuse to go into debt for a vehicle, but I need a vehicle ASAP. I always said I'd drive it into the ground, but now it might be driving it into a fire. I got 12 years out of it without much costs, so no big loss.

Is the rest of the truck in good shape and still meeting your needs? Even if you can't source just the part, how much is a compete crate motor?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    It has rust everywhere and leave a trail of rust. Every bolt is rusted on; it's a PITA to work on.
    I had a 99 that was the same way. Walking in the bed was like walking on a waterbed :nailbite: it would dribble gas on the ground when you filled it up because the filler nozzle had a tiny hole. Just about every glass leaked. The windshield leaked water on the BCM causing all sorts of fun happenings like the starter trying to engage while you were driving or the windows randomly opening. Ran pretty good though:dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So far I have one regret with the Power Wagon:

I didn't buy it sooner.

I honestly can't believe how much fun this thing is to drive and how well it rides. Yeah, gas mileage SuuuUUuuUUUUUUcks, especially on winter gas, but I don't care. I even used remote start when it was -9 so my candy ass could be all warm and toasty when I got in. Heated seats, heated steering wheel, and it even warms up quick.

Did I mention how awesome the headlights are? How bright they are and how they bend the beam as you turn the steering wheel? Yeah? Well, that's still awesome. Oh, and cornering lights at low speeds. Hit your turn signal or turn your steering wheel so far and you get a cornering light on that side of the truck.

Stock Duratracs did pretty well in the snow. They aren't winter tires but have the 3 peak thing. I still plan to go to 35" when these are worn out, but that'll likely be awhile.

I got my weathertech floor liners and my bed cover the day before it snowed, so that was good timing. Hopefully my WK sliders will be here next month. I bought a hitch skid plate to protect the rear bumper and am building my recovery gear kit up a bit at a time. I can't wait to go play.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I didn't buy it sooner.

I honestly can't believe how much fun this thing is to drive and how well it rides. Yeah, gas mileage SuuuUUuuUUUUUUcks, especially on winter gas, but I don't care. I even used remote start when it was -9 so my candy ass could be all warm and toasty when I got in. Heated seats, heated steering wheel, and it even warms up quick.

Did I mention how awesome the headlights are? How bright they are and how they bend the beam as you turn the steering wheel? Yeah? Well, that's still awesome. Oh, and cornering lights at low speeds. Hit your turn signal or turn your steering wheel so far and you get a cornering light on that side of the truck.

Stock Duratracs did pretty well in the snow. They aren't winter tires but have the 3 peak thing. I still plan to go to 35" when these are worn out, but that'll likely be awhile.

I got my weathertech floor liners and my bed cover the day before it snowed, so that was good timing. Hopefully my WK sliders will be here next month. I bought a hitch skid plate to protect the rear bumper and am building my recovery gear kit up a bit at a time. I can't wait to go play.
    How loud are those Duratracks? I have them on my Silverado. Annoyingly loud. But they do great in mud and snow. I have 40K mikes on then and they’re wearing great. They are snow rated, BTW.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    How loud are those Duratracks? I have them on my Silverado. Annoyingly loud. But they do great in mud and snow. I have 40K mikes on then and they’re wearing great. They are snow rated, BTW.

Not very, or the truck is insulated against sound well enough I don't notice. I have active noise cancellation as well, so that may mask some road noise? I don't know, I'm not sure exactly how it works. It's very quiet in the cab, though, no wind noise or tire noise. Ridiculously luxurious, really. I'm not driving with the windows down at the moment, surprisingly. :D I can report back in warmer weather how they sound then.

The 3 peak thing I mentioned is what I assume you mean by snow rated. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=125

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

I didn't buy it sooner.

Yep, the 5th generation Rams are really dialed in...

You gotta pay to play, but playing sure is nice!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not very, or the truck is insulated against sound well enough I don't notice. I have active noise cancellation as well, so that may mask some road noise? I don't know, I'm not sure exactly how it works. It's very quiet in the cab, though, no wind noise or tire noise. Ridiculously luxurious, really. I'm not driving with the windows down at the moment, surprisingly. :D I can report back in warmer weather how they sound then.

The 3 peak thing I mentioned is what I assume you mean by snow rated. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=125

Yes. 3 peak.

I don't have a noise canceling system. That's why you can't hear them. It should work well on that kind of noise.

They're really good tires, but they're noisey enough that I'm not sure I'll replace them with the same tire when they're worn out. Noise canceling seems like such an unnecessary feature but having it would be nice.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Great thinking on the White Knuckle sliders.
    20230415_153226.jpg

Works as advertised. Felt this while washing the truck. I knew I came down hard on Black Gap. I'll spray paint it tomorrow just to keep it from rusting, but much better than getting into the body. Top is still pristine, it sucked up the hit with just that little dent.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Relighting this thread. Anyone have a Toyota dealer that they have worked with recently that was really good and willing to negotiate remotely? Thanks in advance.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Relighting this thread. Anyone have a Toyota dealer that they have worked with recently that was really good and willing to negotiate remotely? Thanks in advance.
    Search the Toyota forums.

On the Ram and F150 forums, there are dealers that will discount deep with no haggling and pick you up from the airport or ship your truck to you.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So what we buying? :):
    Toco? Tundra?
    Actually looking for something for my daughter. Camry or Corolla.

I drive an FJ, and not looking to change that up currently for myself.

Last Toyota dealer I dealt with (10+ years ago for a new one) has had some changes that make them less palatable now.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Actually looking for something for my daughter. Camry or Corolla.

I drive an FJ, and not looking to change that up currently for myself.

Last Toyota dealer I dealt with (10+ years ago for a new one) has had some changes that make them less palatable now.
    I think a lot of dealers are that way now.

Top Bottom