• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Search the Toyota forums.

On the Ram and F150 forums, there are dealers that will discount deep with no haggling and pick you up from the airport or ship your truck to you.
    Will do. I'm on the FJ forums, but not as much traffic on there regarding dealers given no new production of those in the US in the last 9+ years but will take a look and see, as well as hit some other Toyota forums.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Just figured this crew who were engaged on your thread might have some good Toyota dealer recommendations.
    Love my Toyotas.
    Avoid the dealers like the plague, if possible.
    Haven’t been to one in years.

Just did the Tundra lower ball joints myself.

One of the Butler boys and the old man loved my FJ40 when I rolled in there years ago.
    And Tom Wood in whitestown has a 40 in the showroom so that’s cool. But that’s no help at all.

ETA: knock on wood.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Is that 21% off the $105k price? If they didn’t jack it up first that seems pretty reasonable.

It's off MSRP, so varies. I'm sure you could get a 3500 up to that price with the right options, and yeah it's a lot o' dough. I think the bare bones 2500s (which aren't very bare bones these days) start in the mid $40k range or so? Haven't kept up as much since I bought mine.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to replace my tri-fold soft cover with a diamond back. I like the idea you can open the front of the bed independently, as it makes it easier to store and access jerry cans, recovery gear, etc. But they are $$$ as well.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It's off MSRP, so varies. I'm sure you could get a 3500 up to that price with the right options, and yeah it's a lot o' dough. I think the bare bones 2500s (which aren't very bare bones these days) start in the mid $40k range or so? Haven't kept up as much since I bought mine.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to replace my tri-fold soft cover with a diamond back. I like the idea you can open the front of the bed independently, as it makes it easier to store and access jerry cans, recovery gear, etc. But they are $$$ as well.
    It's only money. You'll make more.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Love my Toyotas.
    Avoid the dealers like the plague, if possible.
    Haven’t been to one in years.

Just did the Tundra lower ball joints myself.

One of the Butler boys and the old man loved my FJ40 when I rolled in there years ago.
    And Tom Wood in whitestown has a 40 in the showroom so that’s cool. But that’s no help at all.

ETA: knock on wood.
    Saw the 40 in the Tom Wood showroom and actually the sales guy was pretty good in showing my daughter a couple of cars, but when we got into negotiations it went downhill with him (this was just before new year's and I texted today to give him a second chance and he won't be getting my business).

I may contact Carver toyota in Columbus as they seem to have a couple of vehicles in their inventory that could be candidates.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's only money. You'll make more.

I honestly don't look at it that way, which now that I think about it is probably proven by the existence of this thread to begin with. I see it more like money is opportunity. I like to be very sure that when the other opportunities for a significant purchase aren't the better option. $1800 for a bed cover is also $1800 for a trip or $1800 making more money passively.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Diamondback. I mean you bought a power wagon for **** sake. What’s another couple grand on a Diamondback? :dunno:

Seriously, I’ve been thinking about it pretty hard. I would have bought one in 2021 if it weren’t for covid and availability. It’s bubbling up the priority list of things I want to do with the Truck.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I honestly don't look at it that way, which now that I think about it is probably proven by the existence of this thread to begin with. I see it more like money is opportunity. I like to be very sure that when the other opportunities for a significant purchase aren't the better option. $1800 for a bed cover is also $1800 for a trip or $1800 making more money passively.
    Same here. Opportunity cost is a real thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s a budgeting issue. We budget only so much money for toys. So it’s an issue of priorities.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Too much hassle to get that out of the way to put stuff in the bed. If you want an SUV, get an SUV. :p

It's really not. I have a tri-fold now and can take it off in a couple of minutes. Diamondback is maybe 5 minutes to take the whole thing off.

Issue with an SUV for me is, ironically, lack of safe storage. I don't want luggage and potentially guns visible and protected only by glass and goodwill. Else I could probably get by with a real SUV (not a crossover) and a trailer without much heartache.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It's really not. I have a tri-fold now and can take it off in a couple of minutes. Diamondback is maybe 5 minutes to take the whole thing off.

Issue with an SUV for me is, ironically, lack of safe storage. I don't want luggage and potentially guns visible and protected only by glass and goodwill. Else I could probably get by with a real SUV (not a crossover) and a trailer without much heartache.
    So are they more safe in the bed? With one of those covers?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Truck or cover? Yes to truck, no to cover. Dodge 2500 Megacab pre-nonsense diesel I have pallets loaded in there regularly. A cover would just get in the way and have to be removed constantly.
    View attachment 324805
    No I was asking if you have a Diamondback.

The Diamondback HD version is rated for 1600 lbs and has tie-downs. If it can be strapped down, I can haul it on top, and load with the tractor. I have a 1/2 ton truck so I couldn't exceed Diamondback's rated capacity anyway. I'll just use my cargo trailer.

Or, if if I need to haul something in the bed, like dirt, gravel, stone, pavers, mulch, whatever, like BBI's said, it's really easy to take off.

Top Bottom