• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Dealer thinks order banks may reopen Nov 10. I'm glad I don't *need* a truck right now, sucks for guys who have to jump on something quick.

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    I have a 18 PW I would not own another truck with out Ram Boxes they are so convenient. I get 14-15 on HW and 12-13 pulling SXS .

Being able to unlock/lock the axles and diff are a big plus if you do any real off-roading. I have not had to use the winch

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have a 18 PW I would not own another truck with out Ram Boxes they are so convenient. I get 14-15 on HW and 12-13 pulling SXS .

Being able to unlock/lock the axles and diff are a big plus if you do any real off-roading. I have not had to use the winch

I see the pros and cons. Easy access to some stuff, like recovery gear, but reduced overall storage space. I won't order one with them, but if I find a used one with them I won't turn it down.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't like the color. Take it back. :):

Congrats BBI!

Ha, my wife likes it so I think it's staying. Olive Green Pearl is the color, and it was one of my picks. If I ordered I was going with Hydro Blue, but was Olive Green Pearl and Flame Red were next up, and Patriot Blue was acceptable. Just really didn't want black or gray. Anvil Gray was kind of cool, and Molten Orange looked nice in photos but I never saw it in person. Anvil Gray and Molten Orange were 75th anniversary exclusives and not a lot of them out there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ha, my wife likes it so I think it's staying. Olive Green Pearl is the color, and it was one of my picks. If I ordered I was going with Hydro Blue, but was Olive Green Pearl and Flame Red were next up, and Patriot Blue was acceptable. Just really didn't want black or gray. Anvil Gray was kind of cool, and Molten Orange looked nice in photos but I never saw it in person. Anvil Gray and Molten Orange were 75th anniversary exclusives and not a lot of them out there.
    I'm a fan of anything that helps hide dirt. Surprisingly, my red truck doesn't show dirt as much as I would've thought. Silver/Gold hues are good at hiding it too. I owned a black Nissan truck once. I'll never own a black vehicle again. They look good for about 5 minutes after you wash and wax them. I once knew a guy with a black truck that actually carried a chamois cloth with him to wipe his down about every day.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Congrats BBI! Sharp truck!

But you can't end this thread all about your hunt with just a picture...

I drove down to Mt. Carmel, Illinois. It was at a very small dealership, Faulkner Automotive. I exchanged emails, one phone call, and said I would pay -$2950 off the price they had e-mailed me. They didn't agree to a price but said we could work something out. Note the truck was listed on their website but no pictures yet and no price yet, they had just taken it in. I had gotten a truck bought out from under me in Ohio while it was still in detailing, so I moved quicker on this one. :D Today was the first day I had sufficient sleep and time off in a row to make the trip.

Drove down, test drove, negotiation was this:
    Round 1: We're at X. (I'm at X-$2950)
    Round 2: Let's meet in the middle. (No. I'm at my original price.)
    Round 3: Let's do your price. (Ok.)

F&I office:
    No financing? No.
    You don't want any of the warranties or anything do you? No.
    Is your check good? (No, I was just going to put a deposit down. I have to move money from one account to another, it'll take maybe 5 days tops)
    We can just hold it. Date it 5 days out, I'll sign this agreement to hold it, and if it takes longer just call your salesman. We won't cash it until you tell us to. You can still take the truck home today.

The truck is a 2021 75th Anniversary edition with more options than I would have ordered it with. 8107 miles. The 75th anniversary was the main reason I was interested in a used truck and was, obviously, only available for the one year. The difference is the interior is two tone with "Mountain Brown" seat faces instead of everything black like all other PWs. Also special '75th' badging and a dash plaque with your build number. I'm in the 1500s, there were roughly 2200 built. Every other option you could also get in a 2022 or 2023 if you spec'd it right, even the dash plaque but without the build number or anniversary message.

The folks at the dealership said they have an older farmer who gets bored and swaps cars to the tune of about 8 a year. He bought a Mustang in another city, drove it home and didn't care for it on the drive so he traded it to them with 250 miles on it. They said he had the Power Wagon just over a year (15 months, per Carfax) and it's one of the longest he's ever kept it. He traded in this and a Hellcat on something or other. He also has a Durango SRT, all in the same green.

The winch controller still has the zip ties on it, never touched. The truck is spec'd with the box that lets you easily wire in aftermarket electronic items, like if you want power steps tied to the door opening or whatever, and that pigtail is still in the unopened plastic. Those steps are Mopar, but not the original rock sliders. They are checking if he still has them and will give them to me if he does. Mud flaps are Mopar and dealer installed as well.

Crawiling around under it, it still has the assembly line number markings visible on many parts.

It is missing the original factory rock rails, those steps are Mopar and are good quality but they are not the correct ones. The correct ones are barely usable as steps and sit up much higher and tighter. They are seeing if he has them and will get them to me if he does. I'll probably order White Knuckle sliders eventually anyway. It also needs a bed cover. Once the OEM tires wear out I'll go to 35". Skinnier 37" will fit without modification beyond minor trimming of plastic, but fuel economy suffers quite a bit from what I read. I got 17.1 mpg average driving home, mix of 2 lane highway, interstate, and a little city driving and construction zone stuff. 31 gallon tank. I don't care too much about fuel economy since I don't drive a ton, but I do need longer range for our longer excursions. Dropping the fuel economy to 13 or so means an awful lot of stops or carrying more jerry cans for places without stops.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Somebody must have already trademarked National Park Service Green.

:)

Seriously, that's a cool color. Congrats!

My son says it looks very military. He's not wrong. I'm not going to be one of those Former Action Guys who puts his old unit markings on a POV...but if I was going to this would be the truck to do it with.

Honestly one of the reasons I was immediately hooked on the PW was it's the modern incarnation of the mid 70's Ford Highboy, despite not being a Ford. Dual solid axles, factory raised ride height, built for work and for off road use. The TRX never appealed to me, too small a gas tank and too one-trick-pony. The Raptor was more versatile but still couldn't really do a lot of truck stuff with it. The Tremor was nice, but after driving the PW it lost some of it's shine. The interior was just cheap in comparison, the ride in the PW was better, the visibility was better, the offroad ability is head and shoulders better, and the big V8 just is more "trucky" than the V6 turbo.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Ford. Too many electrical issues with Mopars.

When it comes to trucks...
    Dodges, electronics suck
    Fords, transmissions suck
    GMs, engines and interiors suck
    Nissan, differentials suck
    Toyota, prices suck

Pick your poison

My perfect truck, as a long time auto parts guy, would be a Ford body and frame, Dodge interior, GM transmission, Toyota engine, and a Nissan Price.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom