• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I know BBI doesn't care much about towing, but I have a buddy that fishes professionally and Toyota is one of his sponsors, so they furnish him with a Tundra. I asked him how he liked it and he said that it was the best towing truck he'd ever had. He'd always been a GM fan before. But maybe getting a free truck might garner some good will. :):

Free makes everything better. If Toyota wants to sponsor me, I'm game. I'm not sure what I do that is worthy of sponsorship, but I could start a Youtube channel and probably get tens of followers in a few years.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    17 speakers? 19 speakers? You've only got 2 ears. How many speakers do you need??
    To create rich live like sound. It is truly amazing what you can hear that you never knew was in there.

On a side note, a friend explained what digitally remastered means; the music was originally mastered to sound good in cars that often had one big speaker, then in the 70’s it began to change but it took years. Remastered to sound correct on modern sound systems.

Remember, a Jensen Triax is three speakers in one, so a pair is six, these are now separated into individual speakers and located throughout the vehicle so each occupant gets great sound.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ram Customer Care sent me an update email to my last question, which at the time was "dunno, stand by" response.

The 2023 Power Wagon will get the Sport Hood that's on the Rebel, as well as a fully digital dash. I don't really care about the dash that much, but I think the Sport Hood is sexy. That's the nail in the coffin, I'm ordering a new one.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not sure how I missed this thread originally. Congrats on deciding on your new truck.

I should let INGO make the decision for me on trading in my truck. I stopped at a local dealer about buying a new truck. I made them an offer on one about a month ago. They told me they absolutely couldn’t make a deal. Then a week ago they contacted me back and told me they could in fact make a deal. I declined, that the game playing bastards choke on it. Now they are calling again. Should I humor their behavior?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Not sure how I missed this thread originally. Congrats on deciding on your new truck.

I should let INGO make the decision for me on trading in my truck. I stopped at a local dealer about buying a new truck. I made them an offer on one about a month ago. They told me they absolutely couldn’t make a deal. Then a week ago they contacted me back and told me they could in fact make a deal. I declined, that the game playing bastards choke on it. Now they are calling again. Should I humor their behavior?
    If it's a good deal for ya, why not? Sounds like you have the upper hand now.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

I’d tell them to take off a little extra for giving you the run around the first time and see what they say.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Need an employee code?

I have an affiliate code, friends and family of a retiree, but I'm at 5% under invoice at the moment so I'm already about $2k under affiliate pricing. Unless you mean an actual employee code, which I don't know that I can use, I don't think i do. I appreciate the offer, though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I can't help with your trade, but if you're willing to order and wait (vs buy off the lot) there are a couple places doing deals on CJDR and Ford (I didn't look into GM much, so if that's what you're after I can't help).

Gupton CJDR in TN and Granger CJDR in Iowa are both at 5% under invoice. Granger's fees are $225, including Iowa temp plate. Gupton is roughly the same. Granger Ford is 3% under invoice.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I can't help with your trade, but if you're willing to order and wait (vs buy off the lot) there are a couple places doing deals on CJDR and Ford (I didn't look into GM much, so if that's what you're after I can't help).

Gupton CJDR in TN and Granger CJDR in Iowa are both at 5% under invoice. Granger's fees are $225, including Iowa temp plate. Gupton is roughly the same. Granger Ford is 3% under invoice.
    3-5% under invoice or under MSRP?

I can order easy enough. But it will be a couple of years. I get a vehicle stipend to buy my own work vehicle. I drive about 40k miles a year. Because of covid I have a truck with only 55k miles on it. So looked into selling or trading now for a 2022 on the lot. Otherwise I will run it for a a couple more years and order a new one.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have an affiliate code, friends and family of a retiree, but I'm at 5% under invoice at the moment so I'm already about $2k under affiliate pricing. Unless you mean an actual employee code, which I don't know that I can use, I don't think i do. I appreciate the offer, though.
    Yeah, I can't give an employee code. Figured I'd offer what I can give.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    3-5% under invoice or under MSRP?

I can order easy enough. But it will be a couple of years. I get a vehicle stipend to buy my own work vehicle. I drive about 40k miles a year. Because of covid I have a truck with only 55k miles on it. So looked into selling or trading now for a 2022 on the lot. Otherwise I will run it for a a couple more years and order a new one.

Invoice. And completely transparent, you get the sheet with the MSRP, Invoice, Invoice with Holdback, and then your price. Total off MSRP will vary, the higher the trim the higher the percentage as profit margins increase, but I'm at roughly 10% under MSRP. It's actually the same price range as 1-2 year old trucks with 5k-20k miles on them, with rare exception. Just have to wait the estimated 6-9 months to get it.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI did you see this?

Yes, elsewhere. Granger is same deal but Koons charges $900 dealer fee, Granger $225, including $45 for Iowa temp plate.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    Well, I'm in the market for a new truck myself. I've decided to get a cargo van this time instead. Is more practical and MUCH cheaper. I say more 'practical' (for me) because I always get a cap for my truck anyway. Will be the first time I didn't get a truck in 40 years. :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You've got to be kidding me. I tried to finalize my order and put a deposit down, and the build she sent me was for a Rebel. I pointed out the 2GR is a Rebel and not the PW, which is a 2GP. She tried to change it and...

"2GP is no longer available to build. "

Apparently you can't even order a 2023 right now unless you want the Rebel. :(

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    You've got to be kidding me. I tried to finalize my order and put a deposit down, and the build she sent me was for a Rebel. I pointed out the 2GR is a Rebel and not the PW, which is a 2GP. She tried to change it and...

"2GP is no longer available to build. "

Apparently you can't even order a 2023 right now unless you want the Rebel. :(
    It’s the universe trying to point you to the Ford!

In all seriousness though, that sucks! Sorry man, I’m sure you’re disappointed.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It’s the universe trying to point you to the Ford!

In all seriousness though, that sucks! Sorry man, I’m sure you’re disappointed.

I am, honestly. Not so much for the truck but because it felt good just to have the decision made and each time I decide on one the rug gets pulled out from under me. Truck #1 sells while I'm waiting on affiliate code, truck #2 sells while it's not actually for sale before I can drive over there due to being on call, now truck #3 can't be ordered.

I found another one with under 10k miles and the options I want, so we'll see. It's a 75th anniversary as well, but I don't know condition or anything yet. They aren't unicorns, I'll get one or I'll get tired of chasing them and just order a Tremor. I won't be disappointed with either, but the Tremor needs some modifications to get it where I want it.

Top Bottom