OK This one is for all you old school guys.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just wondered, I have my banks app, make it super easy to keep track of it, granted I might actually use my debit card 4-5 times a week…
    I use mine for everything from fast food to gas to groceries. I keep about 40-50 bucks in my wallet at the most "just in case" (or if I'm buying something that's only a couple bucks), but otherwise it's the debit card.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I use mine for everything from fast food to gas to groceries. I keep about 40-50 bucks in my wallet at the most "just in case" (or if I'm buying something that's only a couple bucks), but otherwise it's the debit card.
    I haven’t had cash in my wallet for 15 years… which is, oddly enough, the same amount of time I’ve been married.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Just looked at my checkbook. In the past week I used the debit card 11 times.
    I think I’ve used mine 4 times, including a couple on line purchases. I probably won’t use it again until Friday would be my guess. As long as I’ve got gas in the truck and a couple cigars to smoke I’m pretty happy.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I guess I'm like a lot of people on here - I use a credit card for almost everything and pay it off every month and enjoy the significant rewards.
    With one exception - I use cash at restaurants. The last three times I experienced credit card fraud were all from restaurants. That used to be the only place where they take my card out of my sight but no more. It is true it didn't actually end up costing me anything but I don't like the idea of some low-life benefiting from the fraud.
    Plus I always memorize my card numbers and each time I get a new card because of fraud I have to memorize the new number again. I like to memorize the numbers so I can buy crap online without getting up to find my wallet.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I always heard this:

"ain't much trouble a man can't fix, with $900 and a 30-06"

I try to keep both real handy.

I just looked at the last couple statements, I run about 20 checks a month, and they are all written at my desk at home.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    My current check register starts in 2014 and I'm not even halfway through it yet. I write about 15 checks a year. They mostly seem to be for property taxes and vehicle license tabs.

Top Bottom