OK This one is for all you old school guys.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I write one check a month. Payment for my man toy at the credit union. They said in November they will update the online banking system to allow me to easier transfer money from my main account.

I don’t mind writing the check. They are on the way home and it does cost me 7 minutes in and out. 3 minutes of chat with the clerk.

Once the checks are gone maybe I get one more book. I have 35 check left and should have the man toy paid off In 33
    How old is your man toy and what color hair?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I am one myself. So I don't carry a credit or debit card. I use cash for anything under $200. All the rest I write checks.
    I pay bills with checks. When I go to the store and write a check it's like I am trying rob a bank. They want my drivers license current phone # and address. The guy ahead of me used a debit card and walked right out. I have looked at debit cards and they have the same numbers on them and use the same account as a checking account.
    Why in the world are debit cards trusted more than a check? It is almost impossible to hack my cash or my check book. But you hear about credit and debit cards getting hacked all the time. If the money comes from the same account. What is the big deal about a check.

It is a war on cash.

**** sucking control freaks want to know every purchase made by serf right down to a stick of gum.

**** 'em.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I am one myself. So I don't carry a credit or debit card. I use cash for anything under $200. All the rest I write checks.
    I pay bills with checks. When I go to the store and write a check it's like I am trying rob a bank. They want my drivers license current phone # and address. The guy ahead of me used a debit card and walked right out. I have looked at debit cards and they have the same numbers on them and use the same account as a checking account.
    Why in the world are debit cards trusted more than a check? It is almost impossible to hack my cash or my check book. But you hear about credit and debit cards getting hacked all the time. If the money comes from the same account. What is the big deal about a check.
    You know people commit check fraud all the time.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Credit and debit cards are old school now, the kids all pay with their phones (me too sometimes)

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk
    No way in hell I’m trusting financial anything on my phone. Way too insecure and easily hacked/tracked.

All it takes is one zero-day vulnerability or virus laden email opened.

Eventually, folks will learn the hard way.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have never had a debit card. I would much rather put everything on a credit card that has cash back (from 1% to 5%, depending on the card and the purchase) and then pay it off at the end of the month. That cash back adds up to hundreds of dollars a year. I bought my Smith 686 with my cash back one year.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2022
    Valparaiso
    Not my cash transactions.
    There’s no denying that cash is more anonymous than card transactions. Still, my point is that nearly everyone has a digital footprint in some way these days. Credit card companies incentivize their use so they can prey on those who use them irresponsibly and charge them 30% interest.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    There’s no denying that cash is more anonymous than card transactions. Still, my point is that nearly everyone has a digital footprint in some way these days. Credit card companies incentivize their use so they can prey on those who use them irresponsibly and charge them 30% interest.

And collect data.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    And collect data.
    Indeed, they despise those that pay balance every month. We use our Rural King card exclusively at Rural king, understanding they do monitor your purchases. For is no big deal as we get a yearly statement and we use it only for tax exempt stuff for the farm.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    If you’re choose one or the other NEVER use a debit card. Do a Google search and see what Frank Abagnale says about debit cards. If you don’t know Frank Abagnale his life story was made into a movie called “Catch me if you can” starring Leandro Decaprio.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2022
    Valparaiso
    If you’re choose one or the other NEVER use a debit card. Do a Google search and see what Frank Abagnale says about debit cards. If you don’t know Frank Abagnale his life story was made into a movie called “Catch me if you can” starring Leandro Decaprio.
    FYI, that movie was largely Hollywood-ized and there’s pretty good evidence out now that he made that entire story up.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Thanks, I just read an article about what he says, and his background. So a debit card with a chip and PIN is used as a credit card, run as debit and can also be run as credit without the PIN. If there is fraud the bank takes care of it due it being a credit card. What am I missing? Is there a debit card only that's not a credit card that can be used and identity and bank info stolen in that manner? Sounds like a good movie I will have to look up.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Damn, I consider myself old school, but I haven’t written a check in maybe a couple of decades, and I don’t carry cash.

I don’t use a debit card, either. Credit card for everything, and payed off each month. If somebody rips me off through my credit card, it’s taken care of, not always the case with a debit card.
    This. And it pays us with a check for 2% of everything we purchase so in March we get a nice check back for using them. No debt. No fees, no risk. I understand sone people are uneducated and “old school” but there are easy ways to use your money smarter. Remember, your time is worth something too.

Top Bottom