• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Did anybody watch the Front Row Challenge on Flo last night?

Was your broadcast being interrupted with earlier shots and audio during live racing?

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Getting ready to head over to Circle City Raceway for the CJ Rayburn 2nd Tribute Dirt Late Model race. Last time I attended a dirt late model race I was behind the wheel of my Rayburn at Brownstown Speedway in 2000. I gave it up after that season. I never went back to the track after that. Still really miss it with the exception of the work and expense!

Matt

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Racing at Circle City Raceway was fantastic last night! The speakers on the east end were dead so I couldn’t hear much of anything the announcer said. I hadn’t been to the track for over 20 years so I only knew one of the drivers in the Late Models. Billy Moyer still racing at 66 years old! He was always a front runner back when I raced. He didn’t have a good night. I noticed car 11 in hot laps being really fast and smooth. He ended up with the $10K win. The cars look pretty much the same as they did 25 years ago. The ball slide transmission yoke looks to be standard equipment even in the modifieds. The ball slide was just starting to show up when I hung it up. It was one of the factors that made my decision to quit.
    The Micro Sprints were pretty cool too. I’d like to learn a bit more about them.
    Well ran show in my opinion other than the PA system failure.

Matt

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Sadly haven’t been to any dirt racing since the 80s. Use to go the the Hundred and make several trips to Terre Haute each year. The last race I watched in TH was a Semi race and it was actually a good race. I need to get back into going.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well damn, this will be my first 500 mile day on the bike and I am in Effingham Illinois on the way home, dog tired. My brother’s driver Davey Ray started third and ran second most of the race but a water leak put him out.

My first time spotting for Casey Buckman was interesting as my driver got spun on the first lap by a guy who changed lanes suddenly in turn 2. Casey worked his way from the tail to eighth place before having assistance into the turn 3 wall.

The driver he was trying to pass turned left going down down the backstretch and ran him down into all the loose marbles, and he couldn’t slow up for the corner being out of the black rubbery part of the race track with no traction to slow or turn.

I was almost afraid to show up at the pit as the crew was using the sawzall to cut the tail tank and rear bumper off so the car would fit in the trailer. it knocked the rear and out of the car too.

Worried I might’ve had something to do with either incident I was happy to find out I didn’t do anything wrong with my calls and they want my services again later in the season.

There was some anger about how the other driver used his spotter to put our driver out of the race though. I won’t name names, but let’s put it this way: kids running midgets on quarter miles shouldn’t be driving Silver Crown cars on 1 mile tracks the same way they do on the bullrings. This is serious business.

These cars are going 150 miles an hour at the end of the straightaways. Turning left on a guy and forcing him down into the marbles at the end of a straightaway puts him in a bad position with not have enough traction to get slowed up or turned and our driver got stuffed because of it.

Last edited:

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    USAC Sprints are back at Terre Haute!
    April 5: Terre Haute Action Track | Terre Haute, IN | Jim Hurtubise Classic | $6,000 | USAC Sprint Cars

98 USAC NATIONAL EVENTS IN 15 STATES FOR 2024!

Speedway, Indiana (December 12, 2023)………Get ready! 98 USAC National racing events across 15 United States are scheduled for the upcoming 2024 season between February and November.

The slate includes 54 Sprint Car events, 30 for the Midgets and 14 for the USAC Silver Crown National Championship.

Here is the 2024 schedule:

I intend to make many more races this year. I am also going to the kick-off event at the USAC office in Speedway:

Attachments

• mosley jpg.jpg
      mosley jpg.jpg
      461.5 KB · Views: 4

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Racing at Circle City Raceway was fantastic last night! The speakers on the east end were dead so I couldn’t hear much of anything the announcer said. I hadn’t been to the track for over 20 years so I only knew one of the drivers in the Late Models. Billy Moyer still racing at 66 years old! He was always a front runner back when I raced. He didn’t have a good night. I noticed car 11 in hot laps being really fast and smooth. He ended up with the $10K win. The cars look pretty much the same as they did 25 years ago. The ball slide transmission yoke looks to be standard equipment even in the modifieds. The ball slide was just starting to show up when I hung it up. It was one of the factors that made my decision to quit.
    The Micro Sprints were pretty cool too. I’d like to learn a bit more about them.
    Well ran show in my opinion other than the PA system failure.

Matt
    A driver friend says the Circle City race surface is terrible. Rocks and bricks. I don't know if that is true or not. I like the race fan side of the facility. Good racing, good food, and reasonable prices.
    The folks that own/run the Speedrome owned CC Raceway the first year. I hope the new owners are successful in keeping the place open and thriving. I believe there are enough race fans in Indy and surrounding counties to support the place.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I still haven’t made it there and it’s like 15 mins from me. Schedules have not aligned at all. It’s on my list to visit this year for sure

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    A driver friend says the Circle City race surface is terrible. Rocks and bricks. I don't know if that is true or not. I like the race fan side of the facility. Good racing, good food, and reasonable prices.
    The folks that own/run the Speedrome owned CC Raceway the first year. I hope the new owners are successful in keeping the place open and thriving. I believe there are enough race fans in Indy and surrounding counties to support the place.
    Yes, the surface is the letdown at Circle City. Of course, it’s the most important thing about a dirt track.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Yes, the surface is the letdown at Circle City. Of course, it’s the most important thing about a dirt track.
    I just don’t see how they whiffed building a quality track in the beginning. You would think they would have consulted other folks in the Midwest regarding what type of dirt/clay is preferred. My racing friend said it’s like they brought in truckloads of miscellaneous fill dirt. If you want to bring Quality series and quality drivers, you’ve got to have a quality track. As a sidenote, I know Jonathan Byrd was involved with a number of areas including the concessions, and I believe that was a home run. I don’t believe he nor Kevin Garrigus are involved anymore.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I like how @greg laughs at a post about Georgia red clay, as a reaction to laughing at his post in the nascar thread about how the attendance is so amazing :ugh:

Nascar threads been open for almost 3 months, has 60 posts, and 50 of them are just him.

Dirt racing is the most popular motorsport in America. The problem is, there is no way to accurately figure the numbers of attendance, since each state has 10 tracks full of fans every friday and saturday night.

Top Bottom