churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And we are worried about race......:dunno:

I was worried when my daughter chose a young man of color to spend her life with.
    Worried about the culture boundry's she would face.
    Many ingo folks have met my SIL and to the person they have liked him.
    I have been blessed with 3 of the most beautiful G-kids from that union.
    Now that I have skin in the game I wish all this crap would just go away.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Seems like she was worried about others being ignorant. How others would treat her daughter and husband. Her issue was not about his "racial" make up. Or am I missing something.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    And we are worried about race......:dunno:

I was worried when my daughter chose a young man of color to spend her life with.
    Worried about the culture boundry's she would face.
    Many ingo folks have met my SIL and to the person they have liked him.
    I have been blessed with 3 of the most beautiful G-kids from that union.
    Now that I have skin in the game I wish all this crap would just go away.

My family has several bi racial marriages & relationships. Black, Asian, hispanic and about every other race to some degree. It doesn't bother me in the least. I agree with you. I wish it were a non issue.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My family has several bi racial marriages & relationships. Black, Asian, hispanic and about every other race to some degree. It doesn't bother me in the least. I agree with you. I wish it were a non issue.

Once we get passed the current crop of race baiters and race con artists maybe it will.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    No kidding! So sick of hearing about racism. I know it exists, but tired of the race-baiters and others assuming that we are racists! My husband and I were at a brewpub not long ago, when a person of a different race came in. One drunk redneck made a stupid racist comment, and the rest of the bar shut him down real fast. The idiot who made the comment was definitely the only one who felt that way, and it felt really good to see everyone else (myself included) take a stand.
    I do understand having concerns about how others will view the relationship, and the difficulties that might come up, as CM mentioned. My daughter's boyfriend is from a different culture, and quite a bit younger, to boot. He treats her very well. When the issue came up, I told him he'll never have a problem with me as long as he treats her with love and respect. That is all that should matter.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Wasn't Michelle's mom doing voodoo in the White House?

I remember seeing that somewhere.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I thought she was worried that he was gay.

Just to chime in on the other theme, my family also has mixed-race relations. Honestly, I like some of the married-into-the-family people better than I like the born-into-the-family people.

And that has nothing to do with race.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wasn't Michelle's mom doing voodoo in the White House?

I remember seeing that somewhere.

The Daily Fantasy?
    The Robinson family can trace its roots pre-Civil War. So it does it make sense to you that a family, that has no Caribbean history, would adopt a religion that they had zero access to, as slaves, and then carry it forward for more than 150 years?
    That story hinges on racial bias, and probably got tons of play on Stormfront.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    The Daily Fantasy?
    The Robinson family can trace its roots pre-Civil War. So it does it make sense to you that a family, that has no Caribbean history, would adopt a religion that they had zero access to, as slaves, and then carry it forward for more than 150 years?
    That story hinges on racial bias, and probably got tons of play on Stormfront.

i forgot how racist I am

(never been to stormfront, they don't like half breed Indians)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    i forgot how racist I am

(never been to stormfront, they don't like half breed Indians)

You're the one, going off topic, questioning if Obama's mother in law was practicing voodoo in the WH, as if that's in the realm of believability. It would have got more play and been potentially plausible if someone had said she was a wiccan. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they used voodoo instead.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    You're the one, going off topic, questioning if Obama's mother in law was practicing voodoo in the WH, as if that's in the realm of believability. It would have got more play and been potentially plausible if someone had said she was a wiccan. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they used voodoo instead.

Methinks thou doth protest too much

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I'm not a lady, doesn't apply. You could have said something about Casca, and sparks, and lack, and want, and I would have gotten that, tho.

oh see now your off topic.

the topic is Obama's mother in law

(actually I remember, it was on the G. Gordon Liddy show reading the news story. I didn't want you to think I got it from stormfront)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom