NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. The correct number of dogs per household is -1. Do what is necessary.
    A good dog is hard to find. They are not like children where you can easily replace them with little to no skill every 9 months and then train them as they go along. Thousands of cheap children are coming across the southern border a day, making children even more easily replaceable.

A really good dog only comes around about every 5-10 years.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    For your amusement, the burn on high cheek (face) really shining bright now. While shooting the other day, a 9mm casing hit wall and made a swish basket behind eye pro, sizzled a little skin before I was able to get glasses off….
    If you haven't done something like this at least once, you haven't shot enough ;)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Roundabouts are more convenient than a stop sign or a light when used properly. The worst thing about them is people who are unsure of how to use them. There is a new roundabout on 231 in front of the new CP Franciscan hospital, and there were so many people in the CP Facebook groups saying "What if there is an emergency? How will we get to the hospital now?" I said "You will look to your left and if there is no one coming, turn right." It's SO complicated....
    Roudabouts have the added bonus of making you feel like you are on a road course. Well at least for some of us. lol :)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I actually agree with this. The best way to reduce a child's unsupervised access to firearms is to reduce the number of children.
    No society, no culture and certainly no country can survive a negative reproduction rate for long. The Roman empire being the largest historical example(was not the only cause, but one of many).

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    A good dog is hard to find. They are not like children where you can easily replace them with little to no skill every 9 months and then train them as they go along. Thousands of cheap children are coming across the southern border a day, making children even more easily replaceable.

A really good dog only comes around about every 5-10 years.

I think I still have a VHS copy of Old Yeller. I hope it doesn't come to that for your pup.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    If you haven't done something like this at least once, you haven't shot enough ;)

The bottom-ejecting shells from my Browning 22 are like laser-guided straight into my shirt sleeve. Felt pretty dumb about the third time. (not all in the same session, of course, but still ...

... is memory the first, or second, thing to go ... I forget now. Wait, I remember now. It's hair. Hair is the first thing to go.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Manage a transmission shop, Rebuild transmissions, Deal with customers (phone and walk-ins), order parts, Diagnostics, test drives, clean the shitter, etc... The list is long.
    We have so much in common. I used to work at the largest transmission manufacturer in this hemisphere. And sometimes at several smaller transmission manufactures. I fixed the computers and networking equipment that allowed Stellantis/Chrysler to be manufactured.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Total **** day at work. Slammed with jobs and my only employee came rreeeaaallllyyyyy close to being fired today.

Good help is so hard to find, but sometimes I think I'm better off doing everything myself.

I'd work a couple days a week for you, but since I know NOTHING about transmissions...

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. The correct number of dogs per household is -1. Do what is necessary.
    After having my 7yo almost mauled yesterday walking to a park in Lowell…… I was already on edge with dogs now I’ve been put over the edge. German Shepard with a handicapped woman trying to control it… and by control I mean standing in the yard yelling for the dog to come saying he just wants to play making no attempt to retrieve the dog from the sidewalk… it’s hair is standing up and barking / growling while my kid is standing tall because I taught her not to run from animals then she comes to me bawling afterwords…. Almost read about me in the newspaper.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    After having my 7yo almost mauled yesterday walking to a park in Lowell…… I was already on edge with dogs now I’ve been put over the edge. German Shepard with a handicapped woman trying to control it… and by control I mean standing in the yard yelling for the dog to come saying he just wants to play making no attempt to retrieve the dog from the sidewalk… it’s hair is standing up and barking / growling while my kid is standing tall because I taught her not to run from animals then she comes to me bawling afterwords…. Almost read about me in the newspaper.
    That sucks. Soo many people have dogs that have no business owning them. We're dog people, responsible dog people. I always carry when I walk her. Your dog is loose and comes at us aggressive. I'll be in the paper.

Last edited:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I NEVER want to shoot a dog, but if my kids I danger………

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I NEVER want to shoot a dog, but if my kids I danger………
    How come that would be legal but if you say...
    I NEVER want to shoot a kid, but if my dogs in danger..........

I have shot dogs in my life, it is not always fun. I don't suggest it. Exceptions are coyote's, wild dogs, little yippy dogs, dogs that got my little cousins 4H chickens, and the little mutt that bit my grandma and would not let her get onto her porch. Grandpa's 20 guage made short work of that little hell hound.

Top Bottom