NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well after seeing how much blue ray players are going for on Amazon now. I went to a few pawn shops here in Kokomo. One of them doesn't even take dvd or cd players anymore. The third one I visited had a nice Sony 4k Blue ray player with wifi connectivity. I talked them down to $30.

None of the pawn shops take just CD players anymore. And only one of them still takes CD's. Apparently there is no money in it. So I still need to get something like a 3 piece CD player for the garage. I would kill to bring back the days of my friends being in the garage with the door open, doing oil changes on each others cars, listening to CD's, drinking beers, and smoking cigars or hookah. Unfortunately, I can't bring back the days of doing that and being under 18, lol.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    @sadclownwp I have this CyberHome DVD player. (Yes, it's dusty. Should have dusted it off before I took the pics, but it is what it is.) I bought it at a garage sale but never tried it. It's $60 on Amazon. If you can use it and can pick it up in Crown Point, you are welcome to it. There is no rush, if you would like to wait until you're up this way.

1708548256341.png

1708548274337.png

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I was just listening to my Sinatra LPs and my Dad's Lionel Hampton LPs last night. 1s and 0s are more accurate, but I do love my vinyl.
    There is no substitute for vinyl! Try as they may, cd’s and digital streaming still do not match the sound quality of good vinyl being played on a good turntable. Listen carefully and you can hear the difference between the antiseptic sound of digital and the warmth and depth of analog, analog wins.
    Hands down. :wow:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    @sadclownwp I have this CyberHome DVD player. (Yes, it's dusty. Should have dusted it off before I took the pics, but it is what it is.) I don't have a remote for it. I bought it at a garage sale but never tried it. It's $60 on Amazon with the remote. If you can use it and can pick it up in Crown Point, you are welcome to it. There is no rush, if you would like to wait until you're up this way.

View attachment 334701

View attachment 334702
    I appreciate it. I just bought a bluray player. Thank you very kindly for your offer.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @sadclownwp I have this CyberHome DVD player. (Yes, it's dusty. Should have dusted it off before I took the pics, but it is what it is.) I don't have a remote for it. I bought it at a garage sale but never tried it. It's $60 on Amazon with the remote. If you can use it and can pick it up in Crown Point, you are welcome to it. There is no rush, if you would like to wait until you're up this way.

View attachment 334701

View attachment 334702
    Make sure u include a kid with it for good measure.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I got a bunch of CD's from a buddy who was gonna throw them away today. He called me up out of no where and asked if I wanted them. They were taking up room and most of the cases have been thrown away little by little over the last 30 years. He was the first in our group to have a CD player and we spent days listening to every one of these. I could not let them go to waste. The problem is that neither of us has a disk player anymore. I need to invest in one.
    I would just grab a usb external one...

Top Bottom