Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I truly do not understand the Lego sets. It removes imagination from them. It's no more than building a blocky model.
    Those are not offixal sets just themes lego won't make.

Currently there are 2 categories of theme.

The license stuff which is mainly models and play sets which is what klb does not like but making the company loads of money.

There is also boxes of brick to make your own stuff and 3 in 1 sets which you can make 3 different sets or your own bases off a theme. Lime animals, trucks, planes, etc..

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Those sets are not for kids. They're just dumb. If you want a model, buy a model.
    Those are not real sets.
    It's just n artist rendering of 'adult theme sets" they follow the similar pattern of the artist that made the nezi concentration camps out of lego bricks for a display using all grey parts.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Those are not real sets.
    It's just n artist rendering of 'adult theme sets" they follow the similar pattern of the artist that made the nezi concentration camps out of lego bricks for a display using all grey parts.

You aren't getting what I am saying. Any set that is predesigned is stupid. You are just buying a model made out of legos. Legos were to use your imagination, not follow some plan.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Heaven is gaining a good guy today. Vietnam navy veteran, father, husband, grandfather.

On a side note if anyone knows who to contact about a navy funeral service that would be greatly appreciated I’m sure I can google it…. Just want to help my mom she will be overwhelmed.
    Oh, cg, I'm so sorry. I was thinking a lot about you and your dad last night and was going to ask in the morning.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Oh, cg, I'm so sorry. I was thinking a lot about you and your dad last night and was going to ask in the morning.
    As of right now he is still here… not mentally but physically they are pulling machines and medication away 1 at a time to keep him comfortable. Thanks for the message so early in the morning long night here at the hospital.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Heaven is gaining a good guy today. Vietnam navy veteran, father, husband, grandfather.

On a side note if anyone knows who to contact about a navy funeral service that would be greatly appreciated I’m sure I can google it…. Just want to help my mom she will be overwhelmed.
    Prayers for your family.
    Do as much of the footwork for mom as you can. I know it makes a huge difference for them from personal experience. What you can not do for them, be there in person as a support(even if it is just filling out paper work). They may, at first resist. In the end though mine thanked me for being there every step of the way.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."
    Jeremiah 29:11

Just read your last post.
    But hopefully the above can still help.
    Gather in yourself all he taught you. Draw strength from your memories of him. In this time of change, be the man that you know would make him proud. Share all of that with family and friends around you, be the rock and let them know God is with you always. Do not be afraid to mourn.
    Matthew 5:4 states, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You aren't getting what I am saying. Any set that is predesigned is stupid. You are just buying a model made out of legos. Legos were to use your imagination, not follow some plan.
    Suspect u r confusing the LEGO systems brick (what we have now) with its predisessor the LEGO automatic binding bricks which was the first brick sets LEGO made.

The ABB did not have any instructions. Just a few images of what a set could make mainly houses or some other type of town building.

Under the LEGO system line they started off with town models with instructions the first being a 1 car garage.

A few sets included just images of possible models to make but the focus on the system line was instruction based.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom