Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    She's been trying to divorce me for 7 months now. Must of burned her britches when I laughed at reconciliation in Nov while talking to my lawyer who stated she wanted that as part of the provisional. I would prefer this end soon instead of having to shell out more money as I'm ready to move on and buy a new home and get on with my life.

Granted she'll never leave my life completely because of our kids and will probably find ways to screw me if my life goes up while she's stuck treading water.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    She's been trying to divorce me for 7 months now. Must of burned her britches when I laughed at reconciliation in Nov while talking to my lawyer who stated she wanted that as part of the provisional. I would prefer this end soon instead of having to shell out more money as I'm ready to move on and buy a new home and get on with my life.

Granted she'll never leave my life completely because of our kids and will probably find ways to screw me if my life goes up while she's stuck treading water.

1775, a word of encouragement: my brother went through much of what you're going through, 25 years ago. He finally got free of her - he ended up with, and raised, the kids. He went on to be successful in his field, found and married a wonderful woman, super-successful in her field, and they have a great life, with now a few grandkids.

It can and will work out, as painful as it is now. Just keep your head on straight and do your best. That's all you can do.

Best of luck with it.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Getting ready for NIPSCO to pick up our old refrigerator so Lowe's can deliver our new one Saturday. Got coolers and ice packs ready for the few things we have to keep refrigerated.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Getting ready for NIPSCO to pick up our old refrigerator so Lowe's can deliver our new one Saturday. Got coolers and ice packs ready for the few things we have to keep refrigerated.
    They still doing the give you $50 for recycling your fridge thing.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Finally changed all the locks on the outside doors.
    Previous ones were giving me trouble, and they just weren't a high priority.
    Till they fail on the same day.
    Then, they're a priority.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Finally changed all the locks on the outside doors.
    Previous ones were giving me trouble, and they just weren't a high priority.
    Till they fail on the same day.
    Then, they're a priority.
    Or you could have done like this girl on Facebook. Posted in the Lowell group that she needed someone to fix her door. She locked herself out, and instead of calling a locksmith, she broke her own door down.

1652405238577.png

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Or you could have done like this girl on Facebook. Posted in the Lowell group that she needed someone to fix her door. She locked herself out, and instead of calling a locksmith, she broke her own door down.

View attachment 200160
    Bigger question, how is the bolt plate still on? Or was that just there when the door was closed?

Last edited:

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    So I put in a small ammo order. I needed a little bit more for free shipping, so I ordered one box of a different caliber, seeing as it was almost free. Struck me funny that the order was split into two shipments and I just received the single box today. Didn't make shipping sense to me, but what do I know?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So I put in a small ammo order. I needed a little bit more for free shipping, so I ordered one box of a different caliber, seeing as it was almost free. Struck me funny that the order was split into two shipments and I just received the single box today. Didn't make shipping sense to me, but what do I know?
    I order by the deal, want, or need. Free shipping is always my go to. Your order is probably based on warehouses supply. Cabela's was big on this.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Unleaded is $4.59 right now at the Family Express near the Lake Co. Fairgrounds. Drove all the way to Munster today and didn't see anything less than $4.75.

We paid $6.19 at the pump at Frankfort yesterday. But it was for 100LL. For a helicopter. So maybe not exactly apples to apples, LOL. :cool:

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    That’s crazy, rear brake 70% or more for normal stops, much easier to control. My fronts are linked to the rears but only after a fair amount of pressure has been applied. I replaced rear pads at 18k miles and my fronts are well over 50% remaining. Again, 1100 lb bike and we’re two up a LOT

I’m a “zip and splat” guy here. I use front and rear brakes, but 70%+ of your braking force comes from the front. Been riding since I was 9 on everything from 50cc to 1400cc, and only one of those has had ABS (current bike), because I got a killer deal on it from my father. I’ve never had an issue controlling my bikes without ABS, even when standing on the front binders pretty heavy on big liter bikes. It’s all about learning how to modulate fine control inputs and how to read the bike. Trail braking is a wonderful tool to have in your bag, and learning not to be afraid of the front brake will grant you significant safety margins as you can stop faster when needed without locking anything up.

But after nearly three decades of riding and many hundreds of thousands of miles on high performance bikes (and a few thousand as a contract test rider on the CanAm Spyder, which was a fun if not odd ride), maybe my view point is a little biased, LOL. I kind of prefer my bikes without ABS, but it’s a rider aid I’ll adapt to as nothing comes without it anymore, it seems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom