Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Just spent an hour clearing a stopped up bathroom sink drain. Started with the Drano which didn't do much and ended up snaking the line inside the wall to finally get it cleared out. It always feels good to accomplish something and save yourself at least 100 bills in the process.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I saw that video as and let’s just say that the gun failed. They tried running 500 shell through it of all types from slugs, to buck, to field loads. High brass and low brass, and it didn’t do very good…

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Just spent an hour clearing a stopped up bathroom sink drain. Started with the Drano which didn't do much and ended up snaking the line inside the wall to finally get it cleared out. It always feels good to accomplish something and save yourself at least 100 bills in the process.
    It’s always nice when you can fix a problem yourself and not resort to professionals if you can, but there are also times when it’s actually cheaper in time and money to just call in the pros. The trick of course is to know when. Lol

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Cp to psycho silo saloon in Langley Illannoy and back as far as Morris so far, mi of highway and two lane (mostly rt 6) two up on the road glide

Attachments

• 2028BB34-AE6E-4726-ACDD-38AC6E3AE9ED.png
      2028BB34-AE6E-4726-ACDD-38AC6E3AE9ED.png
      413.3 KB · Views: 2

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Just a couple weeks ago my downstairs shower clogged up for the first time in 30 years. Looked on my pegboard in the garage and found a brand new drain snake that had been hanging there for at least 20 years. Worked like a charm.

Glad I bought the snake all those years ago, before inflation hit. Probably couldn't afford one now! :)

But yes, it does feel good to fix something yourself. Earlier in the year, I replaced my first clothes dryer drive belt. Man, I felt like a million bucks that day!

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Really? When can you start?

Ha! just kidding, not really needing anybody right now, but do you or did you work in a print shop?

I’ve always worked at law firms, but I’ve been in the office services department the entire time, printing, binding, scanning.
    If you ever are needing someone, let me know. I’m sure I’d pick up on your machines quickly!

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It’s always nice when you can fix a problem yourself and not resort to professionals if you can, but there are also times when it’s actually cheaper in time and money to just call in the pros. The trick of course is to know when. Lol
    That's the hard part and I have made the wrong decision on trying to fix it myself several times in the past. I had a plan in case I couldn't get it cleared and needed a pro. There are several sink and toilet water shutoffs in the house that need to be replaced. Had I called a plumber, I would have had them fix all that stuff while there to get the most out of their minimum service call charge.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Where they move to? They were right across the street from the shop. Ate there once. Food was decent but way overpriced. This was several years ago now. If memory serves a slab of ribs was $24 and didn't come with any sides. You had to pay extra for that
    On 51 in Lake Station next to the DQ where the young man did all the chainsaw carving's by the river bridge.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    On 51 in Lake Station next to the DQ where the young man did all the chainsaw carving's by the river bridge.
    I've seen the equipment there but I've never seen it open. I thought they were storing the smoker and trailer there. I don't actually go that way very often

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Morning everyone. Another day in Paradise, but at a different plant. This one has no A/C... But it does have all the high fructose packed Squenchers you could drink.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom