Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Hoping everyone has a fantastic day into the weekend. Seasonal allergies have been kicking this family's tail for 2 weeks now. I hope we're on the mend. I can tell there is less sniffles and hacking hoping on.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Anyone tried Smoking E's BBQ in Lake Station? Kind of a unique setup for this area.
    Where they move to? They were right across the street from the shop. Ate there once. Food was decent but way overpriced. This was several years ago now. If memory serves a slab of ribs was $24 and didn't come with any sides. You had to pay extra for that

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Where they move to? They were right across the street from the shop. Ate there once. Food was decent but way overpriced. This was several years ago now. If memory serves a slab of ribs was $24 and didn't come with any sides. You had to pay extra for that
    Their stand is south of the The Vu across from Mathews Lawn Care.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    So I put in a small ammo order. I needed a little bit more for free shipping, so I ordered one box of a different caliber, seeing as it was almost free. Struck me funny that the order was split into two shipments and I just received the single box today. Didn't make shipping sense to me, but what do I know?
    I order some 12 gauge ammo since I was having issues with finding it locally. They wanted $85 for shopping so I backed out on it til they had free shipping on orders over $300 which this was. Ordered it and got not one or two, but 4 separate shipping info confirmations. I guess 4 cases of ammo is too hard or too heavy to ship together. Lol

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Or you could have done like this girl on Facebook. Posted in the Lowell group that she needed someone to fix her door. She locked herself out, and instead of calling a locksmith, she broke her own door down.

View attachment 200160

In another life, I had a 13 y/o step son who was a big strong kid. He came home from school one day while former wife and I were at work. He had an urgent need to use the bathroom and after realizing he didn't have his house key, he put his shoulder into the garage man door and busted it in just like this. The door was never installed correctly by the builder so it wasn't surprising that it failed. When I replaced it, I made sure to properly reinforce the bolts. I honestly don't recall how we handled the situation with the yute.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    How did your project turn out?

Thanks for asking. Turned out great. Cutting piles of paper 10 minutes after install done. Always a pleasure seeing professionals who know what they're doing. Moving top-heavy 700 lb machines takes a little finesse.

The old one doesn't look like much, but everything you see on it is solid cast iron - very heavy. They don't make them like this anymore and that's one reason it lasted 60 years.

Notice the hand crank clamp on top of the old one. And that white tape measure on top that you measured cuts by. The new one has lazer measuring, and does everything automatically and can be programmed for multiple cuts, etc.... very big upgrade for our little shop.

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks for asking. Turned out great. Cutting piles of paper 10 minutes after install done. Always a pleasure seeing professionals who know what they're doing. Moving top-heavy 700 lb machines takes a little finesse.

The old one doesn't look like much, but everything you see on it is solid cast iron - very heavy. They don't make them like this anymore and that's one reason it lasted 60 years.

Notice the hand crank clamp on top of the old one. And that white tape measure on top that you measured cuts by. The new one has lazer measuring, and does everything automatically and can be programmed for multiple cuts, etc.... very big upgrade for our little shop.

View attachment 200262

View attachment 200263

I know how to work the new one! The old one looks awesome!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom