NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, the display is finally running. I had a cat5 cable go bad. I had a 25 or 50 foot spare that I put in to get it running. I'll go get a 6 footer tomorrow. But for now, it can run over the spare.

My youtube is https://www.youtube.com/user/actaeon299/videos
    In case anyone doesn't know that yet. :)

Anyone new that hasn't been over, just leave a post here, and I'll PM my address.
    Anyone that has been here, well there's 5 songs playing for the next week or so.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I don't have varistors.

Also, are you sure this stuff would be it?
    His problem is just a conditioner. But the speedometer and odometer still work.
    Have you looked at the board?
    Are there scorch marks on the board or components?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone know someone locally that can rebuild circuit boards?
    I have a customers vehicle that needs the Programmable speedometer/odometer module (PSOM) rebuilt. The speedometer circuit is messed up (common issue) and they are no longer available to buy. Buying used doesn't make sense as it's a know problem.
    From videos I've watched its basically removing bad diode and capacitors and installing new

I know buying used could be a problem, but how much to fix what "might" be the problem, vs going to a junkyard. What would a junkyard costs?

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Anyone know someone locally that can rebuild circuit boards?
    I have a customers vehicle that needs the Programmable speedometer/odometer module (PSOM) rebuilt. The speedometer circuit is messed up (common issue) and they are no longer available to buy. Buying used doesn't make sense as it's a know problem.
    From videos I've watched its basically removing bad diode and capacitors and installing new
    Contact this lady.

1635380762198.png

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I know buying used could be a problem, but how much to fix what "might" be the problem, vs going to a junkyard. What would a junkyard costs?
    Finding one in junkyard would be like finding gold. Cash for clunkers pretty much crushed most vehicles from the 90s. None available thru the yards I deal with. Checked around but didn't wann go that route anyway.

I haven't pulled the PSOM off the cluster to look at it.. I've just checked inputs and outputs. I have to give customer a price before I go any further.

I'm 100% positive the problem is in the PSOM after checking all the wiring. All good to the PSOM but no output from PSOM to PCM. It's a known problem and back in the 90s Ford even issued a TSB (technical service bulletin) to address the issue with an updated PSOM

Basically the speedometer works in cluster but not sending the converted signal to PCM. PCM sees no speedo and basically doesn't let the transmission shift gears.

Think I'll call a couple companies I see online and inquire. I was just trying to minimize the downtime from shipping to and from

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Finding one in junkyard would be like finding gold. Cash for clunkers pretty much crushed most vehicles from the 90s. None available thru the yards I deal with. Checked around but didn't wann go that route anyway.

I haven't pulled the PSOM off the cluster to look at it.. I've just checked inputs and outputs. I have to give customer a price before I go any further.

I'm 100% positive the problem is in the PSOM after checking all the wiring. All good to the PSOM but no output from PSOM to PCM. It's a known problem and back in the 90s Ford even issued a TSB (technical service bulletin) to address the issue with an updated PSOM

Basically the speedometer works in cluster but not sending the converted signal to PCM. PCM sees no speedo and basically doesn't let the transmission shift gears.

Think I'll call a couple companies I see online and inquire. I was just trying to minimize the downtime from shipping to and from
    There was one in Fort Wayne that looked promising.
    But.. I have no experience with any of them. So I can't make recommendation.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Bass Pro has all these ammo rules that I probably should have snapped a pic of, but 1 of them is you can only buy 1 box of bulk .22lr 500 rds for $0.06 a round per day. Never shot this brand, but that's the best deal I've seen in a while.

20211027_203528.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The last few years we have had none show up, I have treats for my lids, but will buy no extra, I'll just give what I have on hand.

Watch me get inundated.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I bought some candy, but not a lot. I'm wondering if covid not being so prevalent this year means we will have more kids? or if people are just more cautious in general now?

Crap, I need to get the ROKU set back up in the living room or we will have nothing to watch for two hours.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We turn the lights on.
    Illuminate the pumpkins.
    We have not had any show up here in at least 15 years.

This year I won't even be home. Going to be coaching in St Louis at the North American Challenge national fencing tournament. And by coaching I mean I'll have a coaching pass but the fencers I'll be with are actually way too good for me to coach so I'll pretty much be a guest on the sideline in the coaches area. A pity pass?

I need some crappy fencers so I can look like a hero when I tell them what to do :lmfao:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    After I had the stroke in my right eye, they wouldn't prescribe anymore of that type of medicine. I was taking Relpax. But the others were from the same "family", with the same risk of stroke.
    A shame, cause they were EXCELLENT.

So I started taking excedrin migraine.
    A LOT of it.
    But that's blamed on the ulcer burning through a vein.
    Apparently, you're supposed to follow the directions, and not take it like candy.

So, now I do the 30 shots of Botox every 3 months.
    It cuts down on the amount, and severity. But doesn't eliminate them.
    Shifting sleep and food schedule is a trigger. So are storms. (Something about the weather)
    So, throw a storm after I finish midnights, and it's a guarantee.

There are new medicines come out. I've been thinking about them.
    But first I want to see what happens when (if) I stabilize my schedule after I retire.
    There are a few you should try.

My neurologist has me using Ubrelvy now along with Ajovy for prevention. Nurtec is another one I tried. Neither of those are in the triptan family you have to avoid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom