NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    36 degrees here at the moment but it's supposed to be a sunny day with light wind and temps around 56. I gotta take my wife to Morton Arboretum this morning to look at the leaves. It's been a weird Fall for leaf watching and I'm not sure what we will find there today.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    36 degrees here at the moment but it's supposed to be a sunny day with light wind and temps around 56. I gotta take my wife to Morton Arboretum this morning to look at the leaves. It's been a weird Fall for leaf watching and I'm not sure what we will find there today.
    A woman I work with was there last week and said the colors hadn’t changed. But, hopefully your trip is different!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Don't you have any medication you can take when you get one?

After I had the stroke in my right eye, they wouldn't prescribe anymore of that type of medicine. I was taking Relpax. But the others were from the same "family", with the same risk of stroke.
    A shame, cause they were EXCELLENT.

So I started taking excedrin migraine.
    A LOT of it.
    But that's blamed on the ulcer burning through a vein.
    Apparently, you're supposed to follow the directions, and not take it like candy.

So, now I do the 30 shots of Botox every 3 months.
    It cuts down on the amount, and severity. But doesn't eliminate them.
    Shifting sleep and food schedule is a trigger. So are storms. (Something about the weather)
    So, throw a storm after I finish midnights, and it's a guarantee.

There are new medicines come out. I've been thinking about them.
    But first I want to see what happens when (if) I stabilize my schedule after I retire.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I get a migraine now, I put a little something in the stomach, have ONE excedrin (that I'm not supposed to take), and a bottle of mountain dew (caffeine).
    And HOPE it goes away.
    Sometimes it works.
    If it doesn't, then it's usually an all day thing.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    If I get a migraine now, I put a little something in the stomach, have ONE excedrin (that I'm not supposed to take), and a bottle of mountain dew (caffeine).
    And HOPE it goes away.
    Sometimes it works.
    If it doesn't, then it's usually an all day thing.
    I doubt I get them to the severity you've described, but when I feel a serious headache coming on Advil Migraine has done the trick for me. Takes about an hour of laying down with a pillow over my head, but when I get up the headache is either gone or at the very least tolerable.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    A woman I work with was there last week and said the colors hadn’t changed. But, hopefully your trip is different!
    The leaves are definitely turning now. We were probably 7-10 days early for peak color but still saw some nice color throughout the woods. We ran across a few solitary sugar maples that are nearly peaked out.

2736AD8C-A0A0-46B8-8DDB-CD5AD563B0D8_1_105_c.jpeg
    DE61BBFD-427E-49F0-BF5B-86FE983895FD_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I doubt I get them to the severity you've described, but when I feel a serious headache coming on Advil Migraine has done the trick for me. Takes about an hour of laying down with a pillow over my head, but when I get up the headache is either gone or at the very least tolerable.

With the shots I get, I rarely puke anymore.
    Though yesterday I came close.

But a few years ago, I had a migraine last for weeks. Puked EVERY day. I lost weight.
    I had to call the doc.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Anyone know someone locally that can rebuild circuit boards?
    I have a customers vehicle that needs the Programmable speedometer/odometer module (PSOM) rebuilt. The speedometer circuit is messed up (common issue) and they are no longer available to buy. Buying used doesn't make sense as it's a know problem.
    From videos I've watched its basically removing bad diode and capacitors and installing new

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone know someone locally that can rebuild circuit boards?
    I have a customers vehicle that needs the Programmable speedometer/odometer module (PSOM) rebuilt. The speedometer circuit is messed up (common issue) and they are no longer available to buy. Buying used doesn't make sense as it's a know problem.
    From videos I've watched its basically removing bad diode and capacitors and installing new

Do you know what needs to be replaced?
    I work on circuit boards. I have some capacitors. But diodes.. I might have some, but there are actually MANY types, I'd probably have to order. And I'm not sure of the lead time on electronic parts anymore. Used to be, you'd get them right away.
    Also depends on the condition of the board.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Do you know what needs to be replaced?
    I work on circuit boards. I have some capacitors. But diodes.. I might have some, but there are actually MANY types, I'd probably have to order. And I'm not sure of the lead time on electronic parts anymore. Used to be, you'd get them right away.
    Also depends on the condition of the board.
    This gives a pretty good idea of what happens to these. Can forward to just after the 6 minute mark to see what generally needs replacing

There's companies out there that rebuild them, but just not familiar with any of them.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Frost got the last of the garden except the bok choi.
    Been processing stuff into the freezer today.
    Got one more basket of Hungarian peppers, bell peppers and some pepperocinis to do.
    Had a big red chili on my sandwich for lunch. Saved out six big green ones to stuff with sausage, bread crumbs and cheeses.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This gives a pretty good idea of what happens to these. Can forward to just after the 6 minute mark to see what generally needs replacing

There's companies out there that rebuild them, but just not familiar with any of them.

Well, those companies would be more likely to have the exact parts in stock.
    But I don't know any of them either.

Let me watch the video and see if it shows the parts in any details, to see if I have them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom