NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Headed to Chiraq early a couple times this week. It will be nice getting out early of course but I hate mornings.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    They've been prepping our cul de sac for paving for weeks now. Woke up at 0630 to the beep beep beep sound of two big trucks in the cul de sac, and they were spraying the road with something. I jumped in my car and pulled it out of the driveway and around to the alley behind the house. By the time I got back inside I looked out the front door and saw this. Asphalt was already being dumped. Absolutely no notice that we were about to be blocked in. I am so glad I woke up and got my car out just in time. We've got two appointments this morning.

1626696972917.png

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They've been prepping our cul de sac for paving for weeks now. Woke up at 0630 to the beep beep beep sound of two big trucks in the cul de sac, and they were spraying the road with something. I jumped in my car and pulled it out of the driveway and around to the alley behind the house. By the time I got back inside I looked out the front door and saw this. Asphalt was already being dumped. Absolutely no notice that we were about to be blocked in. I am so glad I woke up and got my car out just in time. We've got two appointments this morning.

View attachment 148852
    Yup. All kinds of stuff gets done, and they look surprised when you're mad.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

View attachment 148852

Pretty F'd up deal right there. If you get a chance, I'd have to ask one of them what their general plan is for people who get trapped.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Pretty F'd up deal right there. If you get a chance, I'd have to ask one of them what their general plan is for people who get trapped.

(Deer in headlight look) <- from the crew.

Dont blame them. They get their orders to pave a street, they pave the street.

City/town/state failed the residents on this one without any notice. Or maybe they did give notice at a town meeting, some website... ??

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    There are 6 houses on the cul de sac. One of the guys could have just gone around ringing doorbells. They laid down a thin layer of asphalt and left. Not sure where we stand now, but my car is out and accessible. We have a drive through gate in the back. I can park in the back yard and pull right up to the deck.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ??? What!!!
    You expect the general labor to do EXTRA work! They dont get paid for that. Time is money. Ain't nobody got time to go knocking on ya doors.

:)

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    There are 6 houses on the cul de sac. One of the guys could have just gone around ringing doorbells. They laid down a thin layer of asphalt and left. Not sure where we stand now, but my car is out and accessible. We have a drive through gate in the back. I can park in the back yard and pull right up to the deck.

You weren't outside in front, cleaning (or fondling) one of your S&W's when they showed up, were you? Or maybe you had banjo music playing (beings as you're south of 30 and all).

. :cool:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone have any experience IN to WI travel

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom