NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Some shooting opportunities near or kinda near NWI:

7/24/21

Steel Challenge in Bristol, IN - they always run a good match here, about 1 hour 40 minutes.

7/25/21

Steel Challenge in Brookston, IN - one of the best places around to shoot a steel match. 90 minutes

7/31 & 8/1/21

USPSA at North Porter County Conservation Club, 35 minutes

8/7/21

Steel Challenge in Warsaw, IN - this is a smaller quicker match and a great place for your first match. 1 hour 50 minutes travel.

8/14/21

Rimfire Challenge in Michigan City. 35 minutes

Outlaw Steel at NPCCC - 35 minutes, this is a steel challenge type match, but uses non standard courses of fire. Any gun legal for Steel Challenge can be shot in this.

Trap

Michigan City Rifle Club every Thursday night. Get there about 5:30, shooting starts at 6 pm.

Glen Park Izaak Walton, Wednesday evenings & Saturday mornings

Griffith Izaak Walton Tuesdays & Thursdays

This is not everything just a list of some stuff to get folks thinking about getting out there and shooting.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Another day of hard work. Well, kinda hard anyway. I may have to go back to work to take a break :)

But, the trailer lighting is complete, tested, and the wiring is all cleaned up.
    I just finished replacing the plug on the Escape. I had left the fuse in, and the open plug probably shorted out in the winter and MELTED.
    When I ran the new plug, I finally wired up the license plate light that I had to move because of my spare tire mount. It's been 2 years since I moved the plate. I kept telling myself I'd get it. Well, I looked at the paperwork, and it's been TWO years. Yikes.
    But now I don't have to worry about police pulling me over for that. And I made the wiring with a disconnect (license plate) in case I remove the spare tire mount, I can unplug the plate. :)

Now... to take a break before doing something tomorrow.
    Thinking about installing light bars. I have a small pair for the riding mower. That should go pretty easy.
    Don't have a cabin to get into. Short distances.

Then I also have a small pair to mount to the spare tire mount, for reversing, to help me see better.
    And I have a bigger single bar for the front.
    The problem with them is, I need to figure out how to get the wiring into the cabin. That will probably be the hang up. But I have the wiring harness (with relays), and a 6 switch panel. And I think I know where to tap the power from.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Another day of hard work. Well, kinda hard anyway. I may have to go back to work to take a break :)

But, the trailer lighting is complete, tested, and the wiring is all cleaned up.
    I just finished replacing the plug on the Escape. I had left the fuse in, and the open plug probably shorted out in the winter and MELTED.
    When I ran the new plug, I finally wired up the license plate light that I had to move because of my spare tire mount. It's been 2 years since I moved the plate. I kept telling myself I'd get it. Well, I looked at the paperwork, and it's been TWO years. Yikes.
    But now I don't have to worry about police pulling me over for that. And I made the wiring with a disconnect (license plate) in case I remove the spare tire mount, I can unplug the plate. :)

Now... to take a break before doing something tomorrow.
    Thinking about installing light bars. I have a small pair for the riding mower. That should go pretty easy.
    Don't have a cabin to get into. Short distances.

Then I also have a small pair to mount to the spare tire mount, for reversing, to help me see better.
    And I have a bigger single bar for the front.
    The problem with them is, I need to figure out how to get the wiring into the cabin. That will probably be the hang up. But I have the wiring harness (with relays), and a 6 switch panel. And I think I know where to tap the power from.
    Should be grommets thru the firewall and other locations (floorboard) that you can run the wiring thru

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    We surprised the kid by stopping at Dinosaur World (which is on the way and we left a 2 hour window) 15 minutes from Mammoth Cave. For a 5 year old, it was top of the mark. 18 acres and 150 dinosaurs. The rest stop we stopped at prior had dollar of coupons we scored with. His 1st successful spelunking was a hit too. Got to see 2 bats up close.

Started roaring the instant we pointed out the sign. Lol

Screenshot_20210720-230357_Facebook.jpg

Boy, they weren't kidding about buying tickets ahead of time. Glad we did that. Sold out tours everywhere. Several folks expecting walk up tickets were left making alternate plans.

20210720_145125.jpg
    (In case anyone wants to think bringing dinosaurs back is a good idea. Literally, several movies why it's a bad idea.)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It was was one of those open top dump trailers which was carrying animal remains. I drove past it around 4:15. There was a pig carcass on the side of the road and a large pile of organs next to it that some poor guy was pushing with a broom. The most disturbing thing I noticed was the pig head and assorted organs that were hanging over the top edge of the trailer near the front. Fortunately, I did not got get the chance to sample the aromas.
    Ugliest accident I ever saw was on I75 NB south of Cincy about 40 miles. Open top gut bucket full of chicken entrails got jammed up by unforeseen traffic backup.. When he hit the brakes the contents of the truck hit the front of the container and shot straight up and forward. The whole tractor and a fair chunk of highway was covered in chicken guts. It was AWFUL.

And kinda awesome at the same time.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Ugliest accident I ever saw was on I75 NB south of Cincy about 40 miles. Open top gut bucket full of chicken entrails got jammed up by unforeseen traffic backup.. When he hit the brakes the contents of the truck hit the front of the container and shot straight up and forward. The whole tractor and a fair chunk of highway was covered in chicken guts. It was AWFUL.

And kinda awesome at the same time.

Well, good morning to you too sir. Almost spit up in my coffee over that one! :)

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The news is at it again. They are talking wearing masks again. If you don't get the vaccine you are going to die of covid! :runaway:
    Even with the shots, if you don't mask, we'll all die. At least according to the newest ratcheting up of fear.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Tired of the fear mongering news, so usually only read select news, but I have been looking and reading more good news that is occasionally slipped past the fear censorship monitors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom