NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    35110627342_1e6f16fc32_b.jpg

Waiting for gg and dk to trade that truck for this.
    Kill it with fire!!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Spent the day at Northwestern University. My co-coach decided to get back into competitions and asked me to be her moral support and side-strip coach. I wanted to go to meet the new N.U. Saber Coach, so it worked out pretty well for both of us.

She and I have been coaching together for the past 10 years and today she earned a bronze medal. Only losing to members of one of the top NCAA women's team. Not a bad showing for a 35 year old pregnant woman who has not competed in in over half a decade.

tempImagedu2weD.jpg

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    If they can find a way to not pay us they will.
    "Oops we done polluted again, need to save that money for any fines we might git, hyuck" *pockets dough*

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If they can find a way to not pay us they will.
    "Oops we done polluted again, need to save that money for any fines we might git, hyuck" *pockets dough*
    That isn't how profit sharing works. Saving money does not affect the bottom line. Actually having to pay a fine and the cost of cleanup will, so once it happens you will lose money.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Another new member from NWI:

chiraqi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Chicago but not for long
    new guy

Hey, that's me!

We're looking at unincorporated areas, Lowell, Griffith, even unincorporated Gary although maybe that's not a good idea, not sure.

I'm curious about shooting in your back yard. Like if you're in unincorporated Lowell, surrounding by farms and only a few houses, are you okay to shoot if you build a berm or backstop?

I figure on getting an NFA trust and cans right away to avoid disturbing people, but just wondering if it's legal.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey, that's me!

We're looking at unincorporated areas, Lowell, Griffith, even unincorporated Gary although maybe that's not a good idea, not sure.

I'm curious about shooting in your back yard. Like if you're in unincorporated Lowell, surrounding by farms and only a few houses, are you okay to shoot if you build a berm or backstop?

I figure on getting an NFA trust and cans right away to avoid disturbing people, but just wondering if it's legal.
    I'm in unincorporated West Creek Township (area to the west & south west of the town Lowell) and we can shoot out here. Keep your bullets on your property is pretty much a golden rule. The county has tried, unsuccessfully, a few times, to restrict shooting to larger property.

I'd strongly recommend you try to find 5+ acres if you want to shoot, more is better. Even 10 acres, if you look at distances to neighbors, is pretty close to other structures when shooting ... and the best bet is to be buffered by farm lands.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Got grass cut and probably sent 100 to 150 rds of various ammo down range in our berm while the boy watched and picked up the brass.

chiraqi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Chicago but not for long
    I'm in unincorporated West Creek Township (area to the west & south west of the town Lowell) and we can shoot out here. Keep your bullets on your property is pretty much a golden rule. The county has tried, unsuccessfully, a few times, to restrict shooting to larger property.

I'd strongly recommend you try to find 5+ acres if you want to shoot, more is better. Even 10 acres, if you look at distances to neighbors, is pretty close to other structures when shooting ... and the best bet is to be buffered by farm lands.
    Thanks! We are thinking about a place in Cedar Creek. Property is only 3+ acres though. Two property lines will just be endless corn and soy fields. One property line is a farmhouse / storage and may have someone's residence. There's some houses across the street, sitting on 1-5 acres apiece.

I figure if nothing else maybe we can get away with suppressed .22s. Maybe let my boys shoot squirrels and set up a target range to the north or east? We'd like to maybe dig a pond, I wonder if I can use the dirt for a berm. Just speculating, so if this is crazy talk, just let me know!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom