• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My LTCH showed up last night. 10 days total using L1 in unincorperated Lake County. Now its time to get copies made and laminated. What places have you guys used? Lowell, Cedar Lake, CP, or North of there on 41 would be most convenient.

Ive read that some guys have it reduced somewhat to fit in the wallet when laminated. Im thinking 5 percent reduction, any suggestions?
    I just scanned mine. I am told the best match for the paper is at Kinkos.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I went to kinkos in lafayette and it was pretty close. the one on 30 has the pink, I SEEN IT! Make 5 copies at regular size (for the safe) and one at 95% for your wallet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Awesome, thanks I haven't heard of them yet. That look awesome. I'm going to have to practice myself, the few times I went trap shooting I couldn't hit anything.

I posted from the dentist's office earlier.

Here is a LINK to the SCHOLASTIC CLAYS program for you => ShootSctp.org - Home

If you can get the school to approve a club, I may be able volunteer to help you with it. I've already committed to the Marian Catholic HS Fencing Team for the next 2 years, that is a fall/winter sport from November to February. If you can get a shooting club for shotgun going at Hanover Central* and I can be of any assistance that won't prevent me from working with the MCHS Fencing Team then I'll be happy to help. Heck, if Juan sells a couple of my buildings I may even be talked into donating some O/U shotguns to the start off the team.

Maybe we can have the NWI INGO GROUP help sponsor this team? Not asking for money donations, but rather donations of TIME to help maintain this. If we could just get a few people to volunteer a few afternoons a month to help out new shooters it would make it pretty manageable.

Here is a link to the ADULT VOLUNTEER page => SSSF - Administrative Portal

*Hanover Central is the high school in Cedar Lake. I know you live there so that is why I said that school. But if you can't get it there and want to do a different school that works for me too.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I posted from the dentist's office earlier.

Here is a LINK to the SCHOLASTIC CLAYS program for you => ShootSctp.org - Home

If you can get the school to approve a club, I may be able volunteer to help you with it. I've already committed to the Marian Catholic HS Fencing Team for the next 2 years, that is a fall/winter sport from November to February. If you can get a shooting club for shotgun going at Hanover Central* and I can be of any assistance that won't prevent me from working with the MCHS Fencing Team then I'll be happy to help. Heck, if Juan sells a couple of my buildings I may even be talked into donating some O/U shotguns to the start off the team.

Maybe we can have the NWI INGO GROUP help sponsor this team? Not asking for money donations, but rather donations of TIME to help maintain this. If we could just get a few people to volunteer a few afternoons a month to help out new shooters it would make it pretty manageable.

Here is a link to the ADULT VOLUNTEER page => SSSF - Administrative Portal

*Hanover Central is the high school in Cedar Lake. I know you live there so that is why I said that school. But if you can't get it there and want to do a different school that works for me too.

That's awesome. I'm going to get in contact with the org to find out some more info. Then I can reach out to Hanover and if they say no I can check with Lowell, eventually there's got to be a school that would agree. From what I've seen so far, this looks great. I'm just going to have to get more proficient with trap/skeet shooting.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    . . . I'm just going to have to get more proficient with trap/skeet shooting.

I don't know of any other organization that is similar to the SCHOLASTICS CLAYS program, but if you can find a RIFLE or PISTOL program instead then my offer to pitch in and help still stands. I'd love to be involved in something like this but honestly don't have the time right now to actually do the start up process.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I don't mind practicing, that's the fun part. I just finished firing off an email to their headquarters. From what I've read it seems like a great organization and I'm excited about chatting with them. Thank you for pointing them out.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    They've already gotten back to me. Mainly to ask what state I'm in, :dunno:, with all the questions I asked and as long as the email was I forgot to say what state I'm in. Doh...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't know of any other organization that is similar to the SCHOLASTICS CLAYS program, but if you can find a RIFLE or PISTOL program instead then my offer to pitch in and help still stands. I'd love to be involved in something like this but honestly don't have the time right now to actually do the start up process.

4-H of Indiana does rifle (mainly .22lr caliber) and has a rifle program for the state for the youth. The closest one to NWI it done by PURDUE NORTH CENTRAL and 2 years ago they used the Michigan City Rifle Club as their base of operations for the program. Lost track/contact of what they did again or if they used MCRC again. I know we have at least one NWI INGO member who is a member there that *MIGHT* know.

There is no handgun youth program that I am aware.

-Jedi

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    That's another question I have for the scholastic clays. It seems they sponser the competitions for the trap shoots. But other then that training and such is up to the individual teams. If they're not opposed to the idea I may ne able to incorporate some basic pistol and rifle shooting into this club. I'll know more once I actually talk with them. If this does happen I would like to see others take interest in their local schools in which our schools could compete with each other in all aspects including shotguns, pistols and rifles. All the while having matches with teams statewide.

I'm already jumping ahead of myself. I'm excited though.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    That's another question I have for the scholastic clays. It seems they sponser the competitions for the trap shoots. But other then that training and such is up to the individual teams. If they're not opposed to the idea I may ne able to incorporate some basic pistol and rifle shooting into this club. I'll know more once I actually talk with them. If this does happen I would like to see others take interest in their local schools in which our schools could compete with each other in all aspects including shotguns, pistols and rifles. All the while having matches with teams statewide.

I'm already jumping ahead of myself. I'm excited though.

I'd love to do this, it would be awesome, then my school could take on your school. And the legend of your ruger could travel down to the next generation. I the local gun club/trap range would love to see youngsters interested in our sport.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'd love to do this, it would be awesome, then my school could take on your school. And the legend of your ruger could travel down to the next generation. I the local gun club/trap range would love to see youngsters interested in our sport.

Maybe Andy's infamous Ruger could become the traveling trophy, just like the Stanley Cup is for Hockey. :rockwoot:

Of course, there would also have to be a traveling box of latex gloves to go with it :laugh:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom