NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    If your going to Schoops in highland you need a spanking.... When in highland you always go to miner Dunn.... always.
    In Jan. 1973 I ask my wife's father for her hand in marriage at Miner Dunn's in Highland. She had 8 brothers and sisters so Miner Dunn was a high priced night out for their family. Been married 47 years. Haven't been there in a while, need to go before they are also a casualty of the current times.

When we lived in Glen Park we could walk to Burch's on Ridge Road, which had previously been a MD and still served their burgers the same way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We always go to Crown Point for our meets.

Now that Biden is President and everything can open up and Corona is no longer a problem, we need to set one up.

GB set a day and reserve the back room for a M&E.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    In Jan. 1973 I ask my wife's father for her hand in marriage at Miner Dunn's in Highland. She had 8 brothers and sisters so Miner Dunn was a high priced night out for their family. Been married 47 years. Haven't been there in a while, need to go before they are also a casualty of the current times.

When we lived in Glen Park we could walk to Burch's on Ridge Road, which had previously been a MD and still served their burgers the same way.
    OMG, I used to go to Burch's all the time when I taught at Ivy Tech. I'd go for the 2-2-2 in the morning, and whatever the special was at lunch.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    OMG, I used to go to Burch's all the time when I taught at Ivy Tech. I'd go for the 2-2-2 in the morning, and whatever the special was at lunch.
    My girls would order the 2-2-2 all the time to split when they were small. They both went to St. Mark's and we'd stop on the walk home for milk shakes.

I introduced a bunch of my classmates and professors from IUN to Burch's for after class get togethers.

My girls also loved the hot dogs from Chuck Wheelers in the Village mall.

Pizza from Luigi's was another favorite. We lived just a few houses north of there on Harrison and I would walk down to get the pizza. Not the best pizza, but convenient. Luigi's has been gone for a while.

Glen Park bakery was fantastic. Both of my daughters had their birthdays cakes from Glen Park bakery for the first 18 years of their lives. Another place that's gone.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My girls would order the 2-2-2 all the time to split when they were small. They both went to St. Mark's and we'd stop on the walk home for milk shakes.

I introduced a bunch of my classmates and professors from IUN to Burch's for after class get togethers.

My girls also loved the hot dogs from Chuck Wheelers in the Village mall.

Pizza from Luigi's was another favorite. We lived just a few houses north of there on Harrison and I would walk down to get the pizza. Not the best pizza, but convenient. Luigi's has been gone for a while.

Glen Park bakery was fantastic. Both of my daughters had their birthdays cakes from Glen Park bakery for the first 18 years of their lives. Another place that's gone.
    I taught computer programming at St Mark (and Holy Trinity and Holy Angels and St Mary's EC and St Mary's in Miller, one each day of the week) for one year (around 84-85) before I started at Ivy Tech. Loved Sister Elizabeth at St Mark.

I used to go to the Village all the time also when I was teaching. I'm not much of a hot dog person, but I'd get a chili cheese polish once in a while at the Vienna place. Used to eat that the hole in the wall Chinese place a lot, but that may have not been there earlier. One of the black secretaries and I used to clean out Three Sisters when they had a clearance. We'd come home with bags of clothes that we paid $3-4 a piece for.

I vaguely remember us shopping at Mellicks for school clothes/shoes when I was little. Was that the place that had the big round shoe trying on thing that was like a carousel or something? (I'm talking mid-late 60's)

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I taught computer programming at St Mark (and Holy Trinity and Holy Angels and St Mary's EC and St Mary's in Miller, one each day of the week) for one year (around 84-85) before I started at Ivy Tech. Loved Sister Elizabeth at St Mark.
    When St. Mark's got the Commodore PET computers for the computer lab I donated a bunch of software. I'm sure you remember software on tape and LOGO.

We weren't fans of the chinese place, but I remember Mallicks for school uniforms.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When St. Mark's got the Commodore PET computers for the computer lab I donated a bunch of software. I'm sure you remember software on tape and LOGO.
    Yep. I taught BASIC on those Commodore Pets (some were CBM's) with the tape drives. To kids grade 3-8 on Ridge Rd, 11th Ave, 7th Ave, EC, and Miller. Fun times. 23-yr-old Crown Point girl straight out of college. Horrible working conditions. Most of the computer labs were in closets. Traveled to five different schools but had no budget for supplies. One year was enough.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    :thumbsup:

I've been watching Peter Gunn on Amazon to get my fix of old TV shows.

@Snapdragon - you might want to check out Tubi. I'm currently watching Haven. They also carry live news.
    Yep, we have Tubi also. I'm paying for Philo and Hulu and Prime, the rest is all antenna TV and free streaming channels. Philo is $16 a month and I got Hulu on special for $1.99 a month. For some reason, my Prime autorenews at $59 a year. It's worth it for the free shipping alone; the video is just an added perk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom