NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Hello.... I finally guessed enough to figure out my password to get back on here... Acteon you need more Schoops Hamburgers and fries... and they need more customers...
    Schoops in Warsaw closed during the First Great Panicdemic Shutdown in 2020. Had difficulty getting the meat for their burgers - I didn't realize they used actual meat! :)

Later in the year, they announced the location was permanently closed. Then Popeye's announced they had acquired the property and would open there after a substantial rebuild of the structure.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Schoops in Warsaw closed during the First Great Panicdemic Shutdown in 2020. Had difficulty getting the meat for their burgers - I didn't realize they used actual meat! :)

Later in the year, they announced the location was permanently closed. Then Popeye's announced they had acquired the property and would open there after a substantial rebuild of the structure.
    ah... that is too bad... I kind of liked that old 50's style building with all the flashy metal awnings and such. Art sold that one some years back so I haven't been out there to fix anything in years now. They stopped using Howards meat when the local family bought it from Art here in NW Indiana.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    GB, so glad you made it across the Red Sea finally.

I hope you are doing well and hope to get to break berad with you again soon.

I have been wanting to ask you about the new devices on the market for monitoring your blood sugar. Have you gone over? Do they help?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    GB, so glad you made it across the Red Sea finally.

I hope you are doing well and hope to get to break berad with you again soon.

I have been wanting to ask you about the new devices on the market for monitoring your blood sugar. Have you gone over? Do they help?
    I haven't changed from the old finger prick blood testing as the new stuff is pretty pricey and I still don't have insurance... They look cool and other Diabetics I chat with say they work reasonably well... I will tell you my pump is awesome... I've been able to maintain a AC1 of 6 to 6.2 with using a pump and blood test strips...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I haven't changed from the old finger prick blood testing as the new stuff is pretty pricey and I still don't have insurance... They look cool and other Diabetics I chat with say they work reasonably well... I will tell you my pump is awesome... I've been able to maintain a AC1 of 6 to 6.2 with using a pump and blood test strips...
    You may (or may not) be interested in these patents. This technology was originally developed in Indiana- Miles Labs in Elkhart. One of the inventors has a familiar last name- to me at least.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Write down your passwords
    Duh
    but then they aren't a secret anymore... lol... I keep a paper listing of clients passwords in a locked cabinet and not on a digital source to make sure I haven't been part of their lost of data over the years... My mind though is showing it's age and the old just remember it thingy isn't working as well anymore... lol...

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I use KeePass to store passwords. It has versions for PC and Android and has been ported to work on Macs also. You can install the portable version on a thumbdrive with your password file and put it in your safe or safety deposit box if you want. There are others. The entire database is encrypted. Then you only have to remember one master password.

Many browsers will also store your passwords. Check to see if the browser security is sufficient for your needs.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    You people in here must make way more money then me... Last time I bought 3 burgers from Schoops for carry out... I showed up and gave here my name and she said like $60. I said you must have the wrong order, she said nope. LOL. Now granted there were fries and 2 pops but holly cow.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    You people in here must make way more money then me... Last time I bought 3 burgers from Schoops for carry out... I showed up and gave here my name and she said like $60. I said you must have the wrong order, she said nope. LOL. Now granted there were fries and 2 pops but holly cow.
    Yea it's completely absolutely rediculous

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    highland is the worst, the others don't seem to be as bad.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    When in highland you always go to miner Dunn.... always.

Ate there with a friend last night. Hadn't been there since I was a kid. It was pretty darn good. Pecan pie for dessert ... yummy.

p.s. Then we went to Cabelas, as he wanted to look at red dots. They actually had a little ammo (in the gun vault room). Picked up a brick of Blazer .22 for about $27, and some expensive 9mm Gold Dots. Limit one on the 22 bricks, and 5 boxes total combined. They had a little .380, 44 mag, 9mm, etc... Not a lot of any one thing, and this was at 7 pm, so that might be the time to pick stuff up, for anybody that really needs it.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Welllllll I don't do computer work for Miner Dunn so it's schoops... Actually the quality of meat in most of the Schoops up here near Munster is pretty good and I do their computer work too soooo lol...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooo I ordered one of these middle of the road high end air guns today... Should get it in in a week or so... Wondering how long it will take for the City to punish me for shooting it in my backyard...

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    I use KeePass to store passwords. It has versions for PC and Android and has been ported to work on Macs also. You can install the portable version on a thumbdrive with your password file and put it in your safe or safety deposit box if you want. There are others. The entire database is encrypted. Then you only have to remember one master password.
    I like you even more, @marvin02 ! I've been using KeePass for a long time. As an IT SysAdmin, I not only have to try and remember my own personal passwords, but then the countless systems passwords I use for my job. Enter KeePass...

You're not lying! Throw a shake in there and it's even worse. And a visit to Schoop's practically demands ordering a shake, too!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom