• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, I doubt that. After all, you have stated the "choice for potus is indeed a binary choice".

All that would have to be done is convince you that Trump is less evil than the other candidate of the "binary pair". Given your stated position, I expect you would then vote for him. Perhaps you would rationalize the action claiming it a "vote for the "lesser evil"; be it a vote for evil nonetheless.

:)

This is the rationalization I expect most Trump supporters to have. I've stopped playing the "lesser of two evils" game.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m pretty pissed right now. It would likely come down to a question of best realistic outcomes. Hopefully we can flush this turd in the primaries, so I don’t have to make that choice.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I’m pretty pissed right now. It would likely come down to a question of best realistic outcomes. Hopefully we can flush this turd in the primaries, so I don’t have to make that choice.

I'll be honest, I'm really surprised he's let it get this far. This ain't 4D chess.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is the rationalization I expect most Trump supporters to have. I've stopped playing the "lesser of two evils" game.

Really? Because to one extent or another, unless the candidate meshes with you 100% on everything, you're voting for the lesser of two evils, you're voting for the person that least violates your principles. Now, maybe what you're really saying is that there's a lower limit to which "both evils" can stoop and you'll still vote for one or the other. That I could see.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I can possibly see someone running against Trump in the primary but unless the economy really goes into the ditch or we actually get nuked or some other big event happens, I don't see the party throwing its sitting president over the rails. A serious primary challenge, if it's by a more liberty minded person, could do Trump some good.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really? Because to one extent or another, unless the candidate meshes with you 100% on everything, you're voting for the lesser of two evils, you're voting for the person that least violates your principles. Now, maybe what you're really saying is that there's a lower limit to which "both evils" can stoop and you'll still vote for one or the other. That I could see.

Ok, that's acceptable.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, I doubt that. After all, you have stated the "choice for potus is indeed a binary choice".

All that would have to be done is convince you that Trump is less evil than the other candidate of the "binary pair". Given your stated position, I expect you would then vote for him. Perhaps you would rationalize the action claiming it a "vote for the "lesser evil"; be it a vote for evil nonetheless.

:)
    It is a binary. On of exactly two candidates will be potus. I guess one could decide not to participate. But that doesn’t change the choices.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It is a binary. On of exactly two candidates will be potus. I guess one could decide not to participate. But that doesn’t change the choices.

That presumes that your vote actually matters in the outcome of the election. If you lived in Indiana, your vote was pretty much meaningless. If Trump was remotely close to losing Indiana, there was no way in hell he could win the electoral college.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That presumes that your vote actually matters in the outcome of the election. If you lived in Indiana, your vote was pretty much meaningless. If Trump was remotely close to losing Indiana, there was no way in hell he could win the electoral college.
    There’s that. And the way primaries are done, Hoosiers generally get to vote for whoever the other states already chose.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Nikolas-Cruz-Florida-school-shooting.jpg

As a guy with some computer programming backround, this sign was funny to me. :)

Thoughts and prayers > New policy.

I can probably agree with that comparator.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As a guy with some computer programming backround, this sign was funny to me. :)

Yeah, they would probably be more effective, since we wouldn't be going backwards.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I noticed that too. :D If logic were their strong suit, we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place. :D

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Or, one could say that "x" > New Policy, where the domain of x includes at least "thoughts and prayers" and, most importantly, may also include Selma Hayek.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    So if bump stocks become illegal to own, does the government buy them back or do the current owners have to just get rid of them without getting any compensation?

have not read all 24 pages of this post so the answer may have been mentioned.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So if bump stocks become illegal to own, does the government buy them back or do the current owners have to just get rid of them without getting any compensation?

have not read all 24 pages of this post so the answer may have been mentioned.

It depends on the lawsuits that will almost certainly follow.

Grandfathering/buybacks are the generally-preferred way to avoid making a gov't action become a "taking." It is possible for it to happen without either one, but it is riskier (from the .gov perspective).

The federales don't have the money for a buyback.... so....

Oh, and making it an NFA item could present another path: limited time period to register (perhaps for free, perhaps not), then any possession after that would be illegal.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It depends on the lawsuits that will almost certainly follow.

Grandfathering/buybacks are the generally-preferred way to avoid making a gov't action become a "taking." It is possible for it to happen without either one, but it is riskier (from the .gov perspective).

The federales don't have the money for a buyback.... so....

Oh, and making it an NFA item could present another path: limited time period to register (perhaps for free, perhaps not), then any possession after that would be illegal.

Wouldn't an amnesty be interesting!?!?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If there were to be an amnesty, I wonder what could we quickly make that would qualify? An HK sear? A DIAS/Lighting link? I'm thinking HK sear might be the easiest way to go.

With no serial # on a bump stock I don't see how an amnesty would work unless the .gov raided the manufacturers and confiscated all the manufacturing equipment. It's not like a 3D printer couldn't make the same exact thing either.

Now that I think about it, a 3D printed (mostly) DIAS would be pretty easy too.

[stay away from me ATF! I don't have anything illegal!] :):

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Re: the lack of a serial number - the ATF could require "engraving" of a SN for registration purposes.

Yes, that would be on a polymer accessory.

Yes, I know that's a bit of a foolish requirement.

No, that won't matter to the people writing the rule.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Re: the lack of a serial number - the ATF could require "engraving" of a SN for registration purposes.

Yes, that would be on a polymer accessory.

Yes, I know that's a bit of a foolish requirement.

No, that won't matter to the people writing the rule.

Like a metal plate like on Glocks?

This is complete folly.

I wonder if what I used as a kid (wooden boards) will be deemed Title II weapons?

Top Bottom