• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We should not raise the age for anything to 21. We should lower everything to 18. Old enough to die for your coiintry then you are old enough to vote for or out of office who put you there. Also old enough to to drink and to buy your own damn gun since they have no problem issuing you one at 17 and 18 and teaching you to kill people.
    Seriously **** these politicians and anyone else who wants to regulate or pass laws to silence others.
    Go live your damn lives and leave everyone else the hell alone.

Exactly.

It's amazing how easily folks are willing to cede ground.

Even in our own ****ing community. It sickens me.

People will sit there and agree and say passing more gun laws isn't the answer to reduce shootings which I 100% agree, and then in the next breath they wanna pass laws raising the age limit to keep other Americans from buying guns. Hypocrite much?

I do not get it! some of the people I would have least expected have said they'd be OK with it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I do not get it! some of the people I would have least expected have said they'd be OK with it.

Like.... Donald Trump?

Well, the good news is that he promises alot of things that he has no intent or ability to actually bring about. So there is still hope.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Like.... Donald Trump?

Well, the good news is that he promises alot of things that he has no intent or ability to actually bring about. So there is still hope.
    I'm still waiting for it to fully play out. He's well known for making the media and those who oppose him look like if idiots so we will see. You can do the same thing with your finger as you can with a bump stock so I just don't see what they think they would accomplish other than a olive branch for no reason unless some backdoor deal was made with the shutdown pending. Congress are all slimeballs so I don't trust any of them

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    The bump stock is a novelty, gimmick item that few if any gun enthusiasts took seriously until there was talk of banning them.
    If you disagree search this forum for "spray and pray" and see how many positive comments you can find.
    This is an item specifically designed to circumvent the 1986 full auto ban.
    I'm just being honest when i say i couldn't care less about bump stocks, if they're banned to throw a bone to the liberals i won't miss them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The bump stock is a novelty, gimmick item that few if any gun enthusiasts took seriously until there was talk of banning them.
    If you disagree search this forum for "spray and pray" and see how many positive comments you can find.
    I'm just being honest when i say i couldn't care less about bump stocks, if they're banned to throw a bone to the liberals i won't miss them.

Even though "throwing a bone to the liberals" will just encourage them to go further?
    EVERY time we throw them a bone, they just move the goal post and then try to take something else away.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We should not raise the age for anything to 21. We should lower everything to 18. Old enough to die for your coiintry then you are old enough to vote for or out of office who put you there. Also old enough to to drink and to buy your own damn gun since they have no problem issuing you one at 17 and 18 and teaching you to kill people.
    Seriously **** these politicians and anyone else who wants to regulate or pass laws to silence others.
    Go live your damn lives and leave everyone else the hell alone.

I am in line with this thinking. Old enough to serve old enough for everything else.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

A petulant child is often that way because they are rewarded for acting as such. A treat or a bribe to shut up or just go away.

The left are petulant children. Any bone/treat/bribe will not be enough. Damn it people they have a solid agenda. Do we know what that is....class.....class

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A petulant child is often that way because they are rewarded for acting as such. A treat or a bribe to shut up or just go away.

The left are petulant children. Any bone/treat/bribe will not be enough. Damn it people they have a solid agenda. Do we know what that is....class.....class

I'm tired of conversations and compromise seemingly always meaning give up this or give up a little of that. They never stop and the leverage every situation to try to pry the next thing loose and pick at it until our legislators feel like it's time to throw them another bone. Just stop. Just say 'no'.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I'm in late on this conversation but has anyone ever tried a rubber band? shhhhhhh.

Anyway, an occasional full auto burst can be very satisfying fun, it gets very expensive real quick if you care about that sort of thing not to mention wasteful. But to each his own if one can afford it.

I'm more of a one shot, one kill kind of guy, I enjoy precision accuracy and find it very satisfying.

I also understand that this is a slippery slope kind of subject and we must defend our rights before we loose all of them.

Hysteria is a ficcaled child.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I saw one on one of the tables at the National Gun Day show in Louisville Saturday... for $750.00. They were obviously quite proud of theirs! :faint:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm tempted to buy one. If there is a ban, I'm assuming it won't be a complete ban, but rather a move to Class 3?

Are they serialized? I suppose if they are they could require that current owners are grandfathered but you can't transfer without class 3. If they're not serialize there's no way to enforce it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Are they serialized? I suppose if they are they could require that current owners are grandfathered but you can't transfer without class 3. If they're not serialize there's no way to enforce it.

They could make give people a certain amount of time to turn them in, for compensation, then outlaw them.

When bumpstocks are outlawed, only outlaws will bumpstock.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I'm tempted to buy one. If there is a ban, I'm assuming it won't be a complete ban, but rather a move to Class 3?
    Are they manufactured before may of 1986? 922 (o) is pretty clear on that, no? They would have to repeal Hughes or offer an amnesty to redefine them as machineguns and move them to the NFA.

Top Bottom