• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    What lobbying organization are the multitudes of pro 2A folks going to now that the NRA are the bad guys?

Are the other organizations geared up to take the NRA's place?

Are we just going to go without representation while this gets sorted out?

If the "representation" is so willing to repeatedly sell us down the river, sure! No representation at all is better than representation that is working against our interests.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The anti's will be happy to see the NRA gone. How long before they start declaring victory?

[video=youtube;Icq4Z7srst8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icq4Z7srst8[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The anti's will be happy to see the NRA gone. How long before they start declaring victory?

Hey, a man has needs. If he can't get it from the NRA, how he gone get his money. How he gone get his clothes. He need shoes. He need those trips and 5 star hotels.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    And the sad part is all those who argued about how the NRA was playing 3D chess and knew what they were doing to defeat all of this, are the same ones who now want us to shut up about saying "I told you so". Those who tried to explain these very repercussions were call devissive, traitors to the NRA, and WE were accused of damaging the 2nd amendment cause by not blindly trusting that the NRA's communication and actions were going to lead to significant negative consequences.

All it took was to dispassionately follow the NRA's communication and actions to their logical conclusion to see this coming.

The NRA has become the new Titanic. Leadership in denial that the actions they were taking would ram them full speed into an iceberg. People plugging their ears saying "this is not happening" like children while the ship is sinking around them. I am saddened that so many in the firearms community allowed themselves to be caught by the normalcy bias of "The NRA will fix it all!" I thought we knew better than this.
    The sadder part is all the cry babies that decry the NRA for selling out gun owners have done NOTHING, I REPEAT, NOTHING, to further the 2nd Amendment. Mostly they ***** and moan about the NRA, and tout SAF, and GOA, who are....wait for it, NON ****ing Starters, and inconsequential to the ENEMY. I am a member of ALL 3 that I’ve mentioned, monetarily, the NRA has produced more “bang for the buck” than either of the others COMBINED. Until gun owners stop eating their own(it will never happen, but...wishful thinking), no organization is going to be perfect. WLP, needs to go, sooner than later, along with his cronies, but it hasn’t happened, YET.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I am a member of ALL 3 that I’ve mentioned, monetarily, the NRA has produced more “bang for the buck” than either of the others COMBINED.

And just what "bang for the buck" have you gotten out of them in the past 30 years?

And how many times in that same period have they just rolled over when they should have been fighting? Brady? EBR bans? Magazine bans? Supressor ban? Bumpstock ban? "Sporting purpose" requirements?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The sadder part is all the cry babies that decry the NRA for selling out gun owners have done NOTHING, I REPEAT, NOTHING, to further the 2nd Amendment. Mostly they ***** and moan about the NRA, and tout SAF, and GOA, who are....wait for it, NON ****ing Starters, and inconsequential to the ENEMY. I am a member of ALL 3 that I’ve mentioned, monetarily, the NRA has produced more “bang for the buck” than either of the others COMBINED. Until gun owners stop eating their own(it will never happen, but...wishful thinking), no organization is going to be perfect. WLP, needs to go, sooner than later, along with his cronies, but it hasn’t happened, YET.
    I have to disagree. The SAF's legal victories have been some of the biggest wins for gun owners in this country. The two biggest USSC victories were both led by them.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

This is all a lie. Most of us have lead our participated in campaigns to clean house at the nra, joined organizations who do not negotiate etc... You have to start conversations to drive any kind of change. Seems that Wayne is locked into the nuclear option

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Seriously, can't you imagine any effort by the gun owners criticizing the NRA? None? It HAS to be that they're cry babies because they don't want to fund Wayne's extravagance? It HAS to be that they don't do anything at all for the 2A? It HAS to be that they only ***** and moan?

Why do you believe that? Seriously. What evidence do you have other than they're choosing a different way of handling the NRA's corruption, which you seem to acknowledge? Are you in people's bank accounts that you know how they spend their money? Or, is it that you can't imagine any other outcome? You're obviously angry with the gun owning critics of the NRA. Could it be that your anger is clouding your ability to imagine anything less sinister?

The only power I have against the corruption of the NRA leadership is putting my money elsewhere. And maybe to save the NRA a financial intervention by NRA supporters is the only way to do it. Those other orgs do good work too. Right now, I've lost faith in the leadership of the NRA, and their ability to fight the right fights. Their support (I think it was actually their idea) of the bumpstock ban through executive action is an example of fighting the wrong fight.

While Wayne is off trotting the globe on lavish spending sprees, other groups like SAF are chalking up some legitimate victories. I think the NRA is the premiere gun rights organization. They have the most money, clout, experience, connections. But they're pissing it away with this breach of trust. They're worth saving but perpetuating the NRA's corrupt status quo isn't going to save the NRA from itself and neither is blind support of it. And it's also not helping that without substantiation, you're questioning the loyalty of 2A supporters who choose a different way to deal with it. That's just not right.

Or. I guess you could buy Wayne one of these:

MostExpensiveSuits_1.jpg

I'd guess he's between a 42-44R but they'll custom tailor it for him. I mean, it's $101K. They'll probably **** his **** for $101K. I think it only comes in pinstripe black. Throw in some nice cufflink$ and I'm sure he'll fight extra hard for our gun rights. Maybe spam us with uber fearmail.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Look the NRA is controlled opposition, Lapierre is a big city democrat and is anti 2A, a butter, better than us and pro “reasonable restriction” he wastes YOUR (member) money on trips to Europe and $39,000 suits, HIS SALARY is bigger than the ILA’s entire BUDGET. They speak of being 5 million strong but don’t take “I want to get rid of my life membership” as an answer. Why do the Anti-gun Dems love playing the NRA as their foil? Because they’ve been around forever and they have hyped them up for a generation as the bad guy, they do it to pander for votes, while the NRA brass lap it up and spar with them on TV to drive membership, and once again YOUR money goes into Wayne’s pocket.

”We NEED to take back the NRA” good luck, the bylaws were rewrote to avoid another massacre after the NRA was taken over once before, look convienently published today ( https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wash...-north-nra-ceo-wayne-lapierre-had-total-dict/ ) a mainstream article saying that the POWER of the NRA is Wayne (and formerly) Cris Cox’s.

go ahead, buy that life membership, let Wayne buy more suits, take another transferable machinegun out of plebeian hands, travel to Europe on your dime for the sale of having a fake Savior.

personally I say, burn it to the ground

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And just what "bang for the buck" have you gotten out of them in the past 30 years?

It seems to be the convenient thing for NRA haters to focus on national activity and completely ignore what's happening at the state level. For starters, we've gone from three Constitutional Carry states to 16 (I believe) in the past 15 years. Every state in the country now has some form of carry permit program in place, including now Illinois and DC. Actually getting a license/permit issued is in some places is another story, but now a big majority of states have moved away from "may issue" to "shall issue" status.

Many states now have preemption bans, preventing local governments from creating their own gun control laws.

Heck here in IN just this past session the NRA was instrumental in helping to eliminate the fees associated with the LTCH application, allowing 5 year LTCH holders to bypass NICS checks, and strengthen civil immunity for defenders who use force against criminals.

Look at the state of the US congress. Gun hating blue states make loosening federal gun laws extremely difficult, if not impossible. That's why the NRA is focusing on making an impact at the state level. That work should not be ignored.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It seems to be the convenient thing for NRA haters to focus on national activity and completely ignore what's happening at the state level. For starters, we've gone from three Constitutional Carry states to 16 (I believe) in the past 15 years. Every state in the country now has some form of carry permit program in place, including now Illinois and DC. Actually getting a license/permit issued is in some places is another story, but now a big majority of states have moved away from "may issue" to "shall issue" status.

Many states now have preemption bans, preventing local governments from creating their own gun control laws.

Heck here in IN just this past session the NRA was instrumental in helping to eliminate the fees associated with the LTCH application, allowing 5 year LTCH holders to bypass NICS checks, and strengthen civil immunity for defenders who use force against criminals.

Look at the state of the US congress. Gun hating blue states make loosening federal gun laws extremely difficult, if not impossible. That's why the NRA is focusing on making an impact at the state level. That work should not be ignored.
    Heller and McDonald were the driving forces behind that. That was not the NRA.

Just because a pro-gun bill passes somewhere, does not mean the NRA was instrumental in getting it passed.

While they may do a lot of good, I don't think they do half as much as some give them credit for.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse

Just because a pro-gun bill passes somewhere, does not mean the NRA was instrumental in getting it passed.

While they may do a lot of good, I don't think they do half as much as some give them credit for.
    They would do good if Lapierre didn’t pay himself MORE than the ILA’s yearly budget. Can’t get rid of him either since they rewrote the bylaws that prevent his ouster in another member led massacre

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s not an either or kinda thing. I like the NRA. I think they’ve done some good work. But Wayne is kinda out there right now. For the good of the NRA he needs to go. The NRA needs an intervention.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

Wow, so much anger here. So angry that according to you, every single person who does not have your exact viewpoint does not support the 2nd amendment. I really hope that your self esteem is not attached to some organization. That will only lead to heartache.

If you truly believe that SAF and GOA are non starters and so utterly inconsequential, then why would you bother wasting your time, effort and money being a member of those organizations as well? That seems utterly foolish based on your opinion in the post above. Shouldn't all that time, money and effort you give to these inconsequential organizations be redirected to the NRA for maximum effect considering they are the best "bang for the buck"?

While Wayne is off trotting the globe on lavish spending sprees, other groups like SAF are chalking up some legitimate victories. I think the NRA is the premiere gun rights organization. They have the most money, clout, experience, connections. But they're pissing it away with this breach of trust. They're worth saving but perpetuating the NRA's corrupt status quo isn't going to save the NRA from itself and neither is blind support of it. And it's also not helping that without substantiation, you're questioning the loyalty of 2A supporters who choose a different way to deal with it. That's just not right.

And there is the problem. Yes, the NRA has the most clout, experience and connections out there. But based on LaPierre's direction, it seems that the NRA is focused primarily on self preservation of the organization and its current leadership as evidenced by the fact that they were helping to give up 2nd amendment rights (most recently.....bump stocks and red flag laws) to the anti gunners to be left alone in their cronyism. And since the by laws were changed to prevent another member uprising demanding change, how else can change happen other than supporting one or many of the other 2nd amendment organizations instead of the NRA? Again, considering the bylaw changes, I have not seen any other viable options.

personally I say, burn it to the ground

Can't say I agree here. I hope / wish we can save the NRA. But IMHO this is a long shot. Looking at it pragmatically... and considering how the bylaws were re-written to prevent such a move... I think the captain (LaPierre) is planning on going down with what he believes is HIS ship.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

It pains me to see the NRA dumpster fire at the top right now. I worked for gun rights gains in another state and we had an excellent NRA lobbyist who supported us and fought hard. I've seen some people who work at NRA and a few who are on the board that are passionate for the cause I absolutely admire as people. They are getting crapped on right now for their affiliation and dealing with a mess they shouldn't.

That said, NRA does a lot at the state levels and deserves a piece of the pie for many of those bills. I couldn't tell you which NRA lobbyist covers Indiana, but I hope it's a good one.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It pains me to see the NRA dumpster fire at the top right now. I worked for gun rights gains in another state and we had an excellent NRA lobbyist who supported us and fought hard. I've seen some people who work at NRA and a few who are on the board that are passionate for the cause I absolutely admire as people. They are getting crapped on right now for their affiliation and dealing with a mess they shouldn't.

That said, NRA does a lot at the state levels and deserves a piece of the pie for many of those bills. I couldn't tell you which NRA lobbyist covers Indiana, but I hope it's a good one.

I can, and they are.

Top Bottom