• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    Trading a worthless, but fun, toy in exchange for reciprocity is something I can get behind.

It wasn't too long ago that AR15s were thought to be scary looking rifles that didn't belong on the streets of America. Now, they are considered to be modern sporting rifles and are becoming popular with people of all walks of life. While I don't see the need to own a Slide Fire stock right now, who knows how I will feel in 10-15 years. This morning on Fox News, a liberal and conservative were discussing bump stocks. The liberal said that we need to ban ownership of bump stocks and then move quickly to pass other "reasonable" gun control laws.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Technique? So you're saying you can achieve the same rate of fire from a standard stock on a rifle platform?
    I can't but I also haven't tried too. So when the next lunatic stands in front of a crowd and does it, then what then?! I don't own a bump stock and I will never own a bump stock but not one more inch!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I can't but I also haven't tried too. So when the next lunatic stands in front of a crowd and does it, then what then?! I don't own a bump stock and I will never own a bump stock but not one more inch!

Gotta say Im with Jay!
    Not one more Inch!

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis

clearly you don't know what the "bump stock" was designed to do, yet, regardless, you refuse to consider any action because, "Not one more inch."

Right...and my reasoning is apples. Seems about right....

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Gotta say Im with Jay!
    Not one more Inch!

I bet if it were the other way around, say an officer having to confront someone with a bump fire, or you, an innocent bystander, you'd be wishing they didn't have it and at worst have a semi-auto rifle.

You surely wouldn't be thinking "Not one more inch!"

pretty easy to say from the comfort of your keyboard.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    clearly you don't know what the "bump stock" was designed to do, yet, regardless, you refuse to consider any action because, "Not one more inch."

Right...and my reasoning is apples. Seems about right....

B8347D12-B46B-4F6B-9159-A5C743AE42B9_zpsvcyqlbot.png

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I bet if it were the other way around, say an officer having to confront someone with a bump fire, or you, an innocent bystander, you'd be wishing they didn't have it and at worst have a semi-auto rifle.

You surely wouldn't be thinking "Not one more inch!"

pretty easy to say from the comfort of your keyboard.

Oh, you want to go to the emotional route?! So if that's the case let's just go ahead and ban high cap magazines along with magazine fed rifle's. That would have saved more lives. Again, not one more inch!!!

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Oh, you want to go to the emotional route?! So if that's the case let's just go ahead and ban high cap magazines along with magazine fed rifle's. That would have saved more lives. Again, not one more inch!!!

I don't do emotional....I do logical...emotional = acting on feelings as you've just displayed above by acting on anger/range and jumping to conclusions such ad banning magazinesetc...seriously this is why gun owners get lobbed into "crazy gun nuts"

You are obviously not changing your mind. That's ok. You don't need to get triggered though.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First bump stocks then belt loops. Slippery slope, not one inch

These things are not alike in the slightest.

A tool was created to enable you to break the law (or at least save tens of thousands of dollars). That's a very dark gray area to be getting "not one inch" about.

"But we wanna do that thing we aren't allowed to do! Hmph!"

I hate giving anything up, but Hickok45 is right on this one. It's absolutely not the right thing to get worked up over.

You want to make the gun do something it wasn't meant to do. That's different from magazines and blah blah blah that people are bringing up.

This is a tool made to cheat the system. You'll find very little sympathy among realists.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Those libs just keep poking at the bear don't they? Here's your "common sense". Don't anger the calm animal that can consume your defenseless soul

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA

A tool was created to enable you to break the law (or at least save tens of thousands of dollars). That's a very dark gray area to be getting "not one inch" about.

I hate giving anything up, but Hickok45 is right on this one. It's absolutely not the right thing to get worked up over.

You want to make the gun do something it wasn't meant to do. That's different from magazines and blah blah blah that people are bringing up.

This is a tool made to cheat the system. You'll find very little sympathy among realists.
    I’ve always thought bump stocks were silly, and to be honest, I knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. If the NRA is able to work national reciprocity out of a potential bill, I wouldn’t be mad in the slightest

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion

What law am i breaking other than being poor? For all we know the use of the bumpstock might of reduced the casualties vs him taking his time with a nice red dot or irons and doing one shot one kill. 75mins between the first shots and the time his room was breached leaves alot of time for accurate shots

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

That's easy to say. How about a transferable full-auto? Or a semi-auto vs. having only a bolt action? Any one would wish their adversary had less effective weaponry. That doesn't make turning that wish into an actual law any more acceptable.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Personally, I'm not worked up about bump stocks.

I'm worked up about being a victim of "liberal compromise" yet again. Not willing to give them an inch, and let them think they can "compromise" successfully.

Especially since compromising on this doesn't actually do anything productive. Just strips away a little but more. Puts another win in the anti-freedom column, and another loss for the rest of us (even if we don't feel it personally). Emboldens the anti-'s to ask for more. And no one is any safer in the end.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I'm not worked up about bump stocks.

I'm worked up about being a victim of "liberal compromise" yet again. Not willing to give them an inch, and let them think they can "compromise" successfully.

Especially since compromising on this doesn't actually do anything productive. Just strips away a little but more. Puts another win in the anti-freedom column, and another loss for the rest of us (even if we don't feel it personally). Emboldens the anti-'s to ask for more. And no one is any safer in the end.

If this was a long-standing feature of the rifle, something we've had for a couple decades... I'd be worked up. Since it's a modern addon created to skirt the NFA rules... I'm far less worked up. I don't like NFA, I don't like compromising anything to them... but I'm absolutely not going to stand like a brick wall of defiance for a tool that was made to cheat the system.

Top Bottom