• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe the other gun rights organizations should take up the bumpfire stock fight? Make a real name for themselves to encourage membership and contributions? Give the NRA some competition and advance our rights at the same time.
    Let's get them going on that. :rockwoot:

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    The NRA gets almost the same hostile reaction on many gun forums as it does from the mainstream press! Not a big fan of banning anything, maybe it will end up regulated like sbr’s, supressor’s, etc. it is already, like it or not, illegal to own a true machine gun without an expensive and intrusive process. We have to win with the general public and I am not sure how we can on this, with these bump stocks closely simulating full auto fire, but not having the same requirements of a true machine gun. At least with me, this is different than high cap mag bans etc. I am not sure I am willing to Abandon NRA yet.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Trading a worthless, but fun, toy in exchange for reciprocity is something I can get behind.

I own a lot of (almost) worthless but fun firearm stuff, so I would never use the argument of "that don't bother me none!" or "there's no sporting purpose for X!"

However...

I'd happily exchange a what most consider to be a gimmicky boutique item for something that's very, very useful - suppressors. I think even bump stock owners (who I know not one) would get on board with this.

Give a little get a lot.

(Don't let my wife catch on to my bargaining strategy)

I have been paying on a life membership. I’ll call them on my lunch tomorrow and cancel my membership. My money would be much better spent with the GOA.

Because they get things done? :dunno:

:laugh:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I knew this was coming. The NRA wants so badly to "fit in" with the changing political views. I dont own a bump stock or really have any need for them but the nra supporting the look at legality for bump fire stocks is just one more chip away at the wall protecting the 2a.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I knew this was coming. The NRA wants so badly to "fit in" with the changing political views. I dont own a bump stock or really have any need for them but the nra supporting the look at legality for bump fire stocks is just one more chip away at the wall protecting the 2a.

You're claiming the NRA is trying to impress the left? Really?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

What? There are 2 letter rulings on bump stocks. They are not machine guns. Another review changes nothing.

Top Bottom