• openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I like how they really push "Obama's" approval of the bumpstocks
    NRA is just stating facts:
    BATFE approved sale of bump fire stocks twice while obama was president.
    They want another review by the BATFE now..............
    not much too it.........common sense

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I wouldn't budge an inch on the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if the hearing protection act comes to a halt after this either.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    As someone else said on INGO; "Because it's fun" isn't a very solid argument nor is "Hey, Bubba, watch this!!".

A review by the BATF is better than legislation. As I understand it, the BATF can very easily reevaluate their previous stance. Let congress legislate it and the Dems will turn it into anything the modifies a gun after the point of sale...

Slippery Slope time, NRA.

Guess I know what they did with my renewal money today. LOL!

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I have been paying on a life membership. I’ll call them on my lunch tomorrow and cancel my membership. My money would be much better spent with the GOA.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Be interesting to see how many have actually read the NRA's Statement vs reading a "news organization's" spin on it?

...(FAIRFAX, VA) - The National Rifle Association today issued the following statement:

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My take is that the NRA is staying hands off of gadgets and focusing on GUNS.

"subject to additional regulations" is what will happen regardless of anyone's stance on this. :dunno:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    So, we are talking about a firearm accessory that the Federal government approved as being legal, initially. Then the Federal government reviewed and approved them a second and third time.
    Now the NRA is telling the BATF, "Hey, we question the soundness of your judgement. You had better look at these accessories, yet again"
    It's funny how quick some on here are to throw other gun owners under the bus for an item that they think is worthless, pointless or silly. Some of these people are the same ones that would run out of breath arguing why someone needs a high capacity magazine or military style, semi auto rifle.
    If nobody needs a bumpfire stock because they are just a "fun toy" or "bubba attachment" then no-one NEEDS a true, pre 86 machine gun, right?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, this is more about what the NRA could have said. They didn't have to encourage greater scrutiny; they chose to encourage greater scrutiny.

Would that have happened anyway? Sure. So why join this particular bandwagon.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    It's funny how quick some on here are to throw other gun owners under the bus for an item that they think is worthless, pointless or silly. Some of these people are the same ones that would run out of breath arguing why someone needs a high capacity magazine or military style, semi auto rifle.
    If nobody needs a bumpfire stock because they are just a "fun toy" or "bubba attachment" then no-one NEEDS a true, pre 86 machine gun, right?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    3BF2460A-2E2B-400C-8729-F206762C34ED_zpsovmdjvvx.jpg

Not one more inch!!!

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    If you have to pick your fights..............I believe the NRA is not standing behind a device which "appears" to turn semi-automatic weapons into full-auto. They want them to review them for compliance with the law.
    I also believe NRA will continue to hold-the-line on semi-autos & magazines. Again, pick your fight vs not one inch.
    I am a proud member of the NRA and back them 100% and that's my "not one inch"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Saw a crappy animation of an standard AR (normal stock) as being representative of a bump fire weapon....... oh, it also had a grenade launcher attachment.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The NRA is head and shoulders ahead of any other pro 2A organization in one very important way. They are politically savvy and know how to play the game to the advantage of their membership. You may not like every word they say but that's the nature of the game. If you thought bump stocks were not going to be revisited after Las Vegas, your head is deeply buried somewhere.

All the anti 2A groups are scared to death of the NRA. That should tell you something.

As for the GOA, I joined a couple of years ago. The first mailing I got from them bad-mouthed the NRA and had nothing else to say. I told them I was sorry to see they were more interested in being a competitor than an ally and I wouldn't be renewing my membership. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom