• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'll be there Friday. I'll be wearing whatever I put on that day, but you probably won't notice me. I'm just like that in public. Pretty much no one sees me.:cool:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I read somewhere that due to Trump attending on Friday, the secret service will be in charge of secureity and NO weapons will be allowed in the building before or during his visit. Not sure if all the specifics, but just a heads up.

People keep spreading that rumor around. Not you. People.
    They keep trying to say that, so that they can say how hypocritical the NRA is.
    But... it's not true.
    Carry is allowed. But not where the Pres is speaking.
    You don't have to take our word for it.
    I think it says it on the web page.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    People keep spreading that rumor around. Not you. People.
    They keep trying to say that, so that they can say how hypocritical the NRA is.
    But... it's not true.
    Carry is allowed. But not where the Pres is speaking.
    You don't have to take our word for it.
    I think it says it on the web page.

Yep just saw it on the local news this morning. They said something to the effect of, you can carry during the convention, but not when the president and vice president are speaking Saturday. They conveniently left out the part about that being at Lucas Oil stadium only.

As to the hypocrisy talking point, the anti gunners try and falsely make the claim that the NRA is OK with gun free zones when the president is speaking. But it isn't a gun free zone. There are plenty of armed folks there, including Secret Service, ISP, IMPD, Marion County SD, etc.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I don't think I have any INGO swag to wear but I will definitely be there all 3 days. Buddy and I have been to every show since Indy the last time. We really look forward to going every year. With work and kids its just about our only time to hang out and enjoy our hobby together.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I didn't read through the entire thread to see if this had been posted, but just an FYI for those travelling from anywhere South of Indy and planning to use I-65. Construction is planned to begin this weekend with parts of Northbound I-65 completely closed. Link here. Some more info below. The big issue is that Northbound I-65 from I-465 to the South Split will be completely closed Fri/Sat/Sun. The section approaching 465 (from Southport Road Exit) will be one lane on Sat/Sun. This is all Northbound. They plan to do this for Southbound at another time. Going home shouldn't be a problem.

Wednesday, April 24
    Crews will be out doing preparation work for the first weekend of construction.
    Segment 1 (Southport Rd to I-465) and Segment 2 (I-465 to south split) will have two northbound lanes closed. One lane will be open.
    Work will take place from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Thursday morning.
    The on and off ramps to Southport Rd will remain open.

Thursday, April 25
    Crews will be finishing preparation work for the weekend.
    Segment 1 (Southport Rd to I-465) and Segment 2 (I-465 to south split) will have two northbound lanes closed. One lane will be open.
    Work will take place from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Friday morning.
    The on and off ramps to Southport Rd will remain open.

Friday, April 26 - Monday, April 29
    Construction workers will be beginning bridge deck patching and bridge joint repairs this weekend.
    Segment 2 (I-465 to south split) all northbound lanes on I-65 will be closed from 9 a.m Friday to 6 a.m. Monday.
    Segment 1 (Southport Rd to I-465) 2 northbound lanes on I-65 will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday. One lane will be open at all times.
    The off ramp from I-65 N to Southport Rd will remain open. The on ramp from Southport Rd to I-65 N will be closed.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    So, I've never been to a NRA convention but during the annual meeting of members on Saturday, what happens there? Does debate and voting from the floor go on by the membership? Are resolutions brought to the floor? Can major course changes for the organization be decided? I understand there needs to be some order and structure to the session, I guess how well crafted and orchestrated of an meeting is it where you listen to doom and gloom and lollipop and rainbow speeches with those in attendance not getting a whole lot to say?

I'm trying to get an idea at what basically happens at this meeting.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I posted the official guidelines for the presidents speach. It specifically says "the stadium". The convention center will have more guns per square foot than the entire midwest U.S. this weekend.

Posting again in case people didnt see it. Dont try to bring any of these things into the speach. They dont joke around like bubba security guards do.

daDoLvp.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, I've never been to a NRA convention but during the annual meeting of members on Saturday, what happens there? Does debate and voting from the floor go on by the membership? Are resolutions brought to the floor? Can major course changes for the organization be decided? I understand there needs to be some order and structure to the session, I guess how well crafted and orchestrated of an meeting is it where you listen to doom and gloom and lollipop and rainbow speeches with those in attendance not getting a whole lot to say?

I'm trying to get an idea at what basically happens at this meeting.

https://www.nraam.org/

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I posted the official guidelines for the presidents speach. It specifically says "the stadium". The convention center will have more guns per square foot than the entire midwest U.S. this weekend.

Posting again in case people didnt see it. Dont try to bring any of these things into the speach. They dont joke around like bubba security guards do.

daDoLvp.jpg

Are selfie sticks still a thing in 2019? Those things are prohibited in more places than guns, like in museums.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    One of the sponsors of the other rally at the State House lol... I guess the commies have a line up of speakers also.... 51890376_1048018738732780_1368230474308124672_o.jpg

Last edited:

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Kelly... These are indys local activist who are a bunch of regressive, marxist, whiners looking for free stuff and wanting to do away with every thing they dont like like our 2nd Amendment... A lot of the events like the one they are having this weekend to protest the NRA and Trump are usually organized by someone name Kim Saylor who would be the short obese one on the right of the picture... Also many or the few they do have are your local antfa commies.... while looking into their event to find out more about this event of theirs the group doesnt know we are also have a Pro Freedom Rally the same time we our rally.. 56786196_10157213846264628_5939192136820850688_o.jpg
    This is the event listing for their protest in FB... https://m.facebook.com/events/2375775702652513

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Kelly... These are indys local activist who are a bunch of regressive, marxist, whiners looking for free stuff and wanting to do away with every thing they dont like like our 2nd Amendment... A lot of the events like the one they are having this weekend to protest the NRA and Trump are usually organized by someone name Kim Saylor who would be the short obese one on the right of the picture... Also many or the few they do have are your local antfa commies.... while looking into their event to find out more about this event of theirs the group doesnt know we are also have a Pro Freedom Rally the same time we our rally.. View attachment 76581
    This is the event listing for their protest in FB... https://m.facebook.com/events/2375775702652513

A communist Teletubby is the description you are looking for

Top Bottom