Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Isn't this possible to pass in GA as well?
    Yes, it's possible but it wasn't included in the question Kelly answered.

The Georgia bill seems to be depending on their house. In the Georgia state senate, the bill was approved asking party lines in committee and floor votes. The Georgia governor has already said he approves and will sign it. The Republicans have a majority in the house, too. We'll see if there's any Brown-esque shenanigans.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Isn't this possible to pass in GA as well?
    Yes, it's possible but it wasn't included in the question Kelly answered.

The Georgia bill seems to be depending on their house. In the Georgia state senate, the bill was approved asking party lines in committee and floor votes. The Georgia governor has already said he approves and will sign it. The Republicans have a majority in the house, too. We'll see if there's any Brown-esque shenanigans.
    Georgia was close last year. Finishing with 25 ConC States would be great, more would be betterer (Southern Indiana lingo.)

Ron Desantis in Florida also said he'd sign it. I look for that one to be an uphill battle. Too many in Tallahassee not from west of Tallahassee.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Georgia was close last year. Finishing with 25 ConC States would be great, more would be betterer (Southern Indiana lingo.)

Ron Desantis in Florida also said he'd sign it. I look for that one to be an uphill battle. Too many in Tallahassee not from west of Tallahassee.

Would love to see GA get it. I think half of the states in the nation having ConC makes a pretty powerful statement.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Been telling you….the Republican Party (as we knew it) is in Ruin. Too many splits destroyed any chance to honor the platform as we knew and trusted it. Now, it is individual lying politicians that have sold us down the River.

Many Republicans got the vote based on one issue voters and now they are not sure what they stand for. If the RNC can’t decide on a solid platform soon, and stand by it, turn out the lights…..
    I would argue the platform is fine. We have too many elected officials without principles or spines.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I would argue the platform is fine. We have too many elected officials without principles or spines.
    I agree with JTScribe on this one, though I admit to emotionally feeling like Trapper Jim.

The platform is not bad. No Party Platform is going to be my ideal, and when compared against the Democratic Party Platform, the Republican Party Platform is practically speaking a patriotic masterpiece.

Just the fact the Republican Party Platform has a section on "Rebirth of Constitutional Government" says much about the Party's stated ideals.

The problem in Indiana is so many "Republicans" do not appear to have read the Constitutions they swore an oath too, or their own Party Platform. We the citizens need to do a better job of rooting out the CoC Republicans and the RINOs and electing those who actually espouse, live, and vote based upon the principles of the Party banner they run under.

Top Bottom